• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
On the basis of how the squad has been managed there is no way leaving yourself with ONE RIGHT BACK, regardless of potential utility cover, is a good thing.

Completely agree with this. As someone else said, if Walker had picked up a proper injury post-Jan we would have been screwed. Either had to move our best CB this season out of position or try to train a CM to play at RB....absolutely madness. We also havent been able to give Walker a break at all

That said, we've had Rose at the club all season and Harry hasnt bothered to give Benny a rest

Praise the lord! Someone in the media at last realising that Harry has made some stupid ****-ups with transfers and tactics over the last year or so

Praise the lord! Someone in the media at last realising that Harry has made some stupid ****-ups with transfers and tactics over the last year or so

How dare he! Must be a hater. Or a fickle ****. But he got us 4th once, wait. And Gomes had a good game or two. What do we know. Idiots.

Poll - End Of The Road for the Lovable Bulldog - Yes or No

Irrespective of whether he's offered the England job or not

Would you like to keep Arry as manager for next season even if we scrape 4th?

is this the official right back thread?

well, I would have preferred us to keep Corluka, different player from Walker but right now Walker is struggling and someone like Corluka would have been ideal to come in. There was no need to let him go until the summer, even if he was desperate to do go in Jan.

I would be happy if Harry stayed, he can improve us further, a change of manager could put us back years and I dont think we could attract a special one.

If Redknapp doesn't head off to the national team then I'd be happy with him staying at Spurs. We may have been way ahead in third but injuries to key players, a hard fixture list have put us back - let's not remember that we showed title-winning form for a long run of games. Hopefully Levy will be more inclined to strengthening the squad in the summer, and we can build once again for next season.

It depends on how he finishes the season. If he manages to drag us over the line with 70+ points and secure 4th place, then yes, he should stay, providing he manages to learn about facking squad rotation and avoiding end of season collapses.

If he doesn't, then the facts are clear; he's taken us from our most promising position in years, thirteen points ahead of Arsenal and looking like shoo-ins for the CL automatic spots, to finishing 5th or lower and ensuring the departure of our key men, just due to his inability to cut the England bullcrap and focus on his job. Only an FA Cup win would soften the blow; if he fails to do that as well, then he's off, sad as I am to say it. He should go.

I would be happy if Harry stayed, he can improve us further, a change of manager could put us back years and I dont think we could attract a special one.

Or, alternatively, it could adcvance us well beyond anything Harry is capable of.

Its a gamble, certainly, but not all gambles are destined to lose...

I think Levy is happy to maintain status quo. Until we get a sponsor sorted for our stadium and get the thing built I can't see us doing much better than we are.

It depends on how he finishes the season. If he manages to drag us over the line with 70+ points and secure 4th place, then yes, he should stay, providing he manages to learn about facking squad rotation and avoiding end of season collapses.

If he doesn't, then the facts are clear; he's taken us from our most promising position in years, thirteen points ahead of Arsenal and looking like shoo-ins for the CL automatic spots, to finishing 5th or lower and ensuring the departure of our key men, just due to his inability to cut the England bullcrap and focus on his job. Only an FA Cup win would soften the blow; if he fails to do that as well, then he's off, sad as I am to say it. He should go.

Evidently they're not, because actually he took us from our worst position in years to our best position in years. Yes we've let that slip in the last couple of months, but it's ridiculous not to give him any credit for getting us there in the first place!

What this probably shows is that if we play 2 games identically except in one game our shot goes in off the post and their shot is disallowed for offside... and in the other game the opposite happens...

We analyse game 1 and say why we won - we were solid in the middle, player X did well, great finish from player Y blah blah

We analyse game 2 and say why we lost - we weren't creative enough in the middle, player Z was poor, player Y didn't score as usual blah blah

Whereas the difference is a linesman's whim and the width of a post

i think this kind of thing is often overlooked in favour of more 'in-depth' analysis or a (bullsh*t, imv) accusation that players don't care / didn't try.

Evidently they're not, because actually he took us from our worst position in years to our best position in years. Yes we've let that slip in the last couple of months, but it's ridiculous not to give him any credit for getting us there in the first place!

Yep, he has. Which is why he'll still be welcome to stick around in my eyes as long as he wins the FA Cup to make up for it. If not, then what exactly has he done? Taken us to fifth, which is something Jol managed twice with a vastly inferior squad, after being thirteen points clear of Arsenal at one stage and while boasting the talents of Modric, Ade, Parker, VdV, Bale, Kaboul.....all while refusing to recognize his own defects re squad rotation and end-of-season burnout. And the final straw would be that, in the event of that happening, he'd probably berate us for not recognizing that we've never had it so good.

So yeah, I recognize the good work he's done. Which is why he's still probably the first choice to lead Spurs in my eyes, as long as he accomplishes either CL qualification or the seizing of the FA Cup. If he does neither, then what's the point? Thanks and goodbye would be the easiest solution, I guess.

Irrespective of whether he's offered the England job or not

Would you like to keep Arry as manager for next season even if we scrape 4th?

No. But say hypothetically if we do finish 5th, we would get slaughtered for sacking him. It would have to be a mutual arrangement with him leaving.

I have this horrible feeling that the tactially inept cnut will be here for next season.

If he doesn't go to England then I'd be happy with Redknapp being our manager next season, regardless of where we finish. I think that the level of manager who you would expect to almost certainly do better than Redknapp is a bit out of our reach regardless of where we finish.

Even if we blow it and finish 6th, that means Harry will have got us three top six finishes in a row. The last time we did that was 1962/63 to 1964/65!!! For me that's good enough for him to deserve to stay in charge for another season (and I reckon we'll still get top four).

i never questioned the tinkering, after all players get injured, some games require different tactics, its good to be able to change formations from time to time.

but i dont want to hear the manager picks formations because other people tell him to and all the while the manager isnt convinced by what he is doing.

If Redknapp didnt want to play 442 on Monday, then he shouldnt have. Its his job, he has to do what he feels is right, after listening to everyones opinion, but his decision is final and whether we win or lose its ultimately all down to him. He is very well paid to take the praise and the flak

the formation didnt lose us the game on Monday, i feel it was a lack of preparation, the players werent sure of how to play Norwich, possibly a lack of respect for Norwich too, and simply our defence looked shaky. Norwich also played the game of their lives.

The only manager I would take a punt on is Lambert, what Redknap has achieved with us is outstanding we should not have short memories.

To me it seems that you are the one with a short memory, we finished fifth in consecutive season under jol, we then underachieved under Ramos, but that had more to do with managerial shortcomings then a lack of quality in the squad, he'll most if our current stars were already in place when array took over. He has done a good job yes but let's not overexaggerate his achievements, it's not like he has built us up from nothing.

It's a catch twenty-two, though, isn't it? If he does well, and finishes top four, or wins the cup, then we'll all be pleading for him to stay, but he'll be off to England. If he doesn't finish in the top four, and doesn't win the cup, then a lot of us wouldn't want him to stay, but England wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Bears thinking about.;)

Back