• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

poor finishing again from him cost us two points

His confidence in front of goal is bad a the minute but every stiker goes through that.

He can brick the ball well of either foot, is good in the air, can shoot from distance and takes up great positions - he has more than enough to be a top level prem striker.

His confidence in front of goal is bad a the minute but every stiker goes through that.

He can brick the ball well of either foot, is good in the air, can shoot from distance and takes up great positions - he has more than enough to be a top level prem striker.

and we all hope he does

wish we had brought an out and out striker in the summer to give the guy a rest, it is all he needs. It also did not help that the press were after him before a ball was even kicked, i think he allowed it to get into his head.

On what basis? what part of his game do you not think is good enough? (besides assuming that 31 goals in a season is a fluke)

I dont think last season was a fluke. He think he had a great season for a player of limited ability. He benefited hugley from it being his first season and more or less unknown, now the players have the videos of his movement (and dont stand off him anymore) to watch and know his strength and weaknesses.

His biggest strength is his finishing, without doubt one of the best I have seen (although that is a bit off this season). I just don't think he is strong enough at anything else to be 1st choice for Spurs long term, hold up play, general strength, pace, heading ability, creating chances for himself etc.

by highest level do you mean Champions League or a World Cup tournament?

I actually meant Premier league level when saying that as I think the standard is higher on regular basis that Champions league or World cup with some poor teams in those (Crouch record as an example). I dont think we will have a bigger club seriously interested in him, a bit like Defoe, Lennon, Keane great players for us but never interested the heavyweights home or abroad..

His biggest strength is his finishing, without doubt one of the best I have seen (although that is a bit off this season). I just don't think he is strong enough at anything else to be 1st choice for Spurs long term, hold up play, general strength, pace, heading ability, creating chances for himself etc.

I could not disagree with you more. Sure he lacks rippling pace but he has the other assets. I just think he is going through a bad run of form which I am sure he will get through.

wish we had brought an out and out striker in the summer to give the guy a rest, it is all he needs. It also did not help that the press were after him before a ball was even kicked, i think he allowed it to get into his head.

Well, I was crying out for that all summer.

It is all well and good people saying Clinton can play up front but he has no proven pedigree as a central striker. Heck, Poch does not even think he is ready to start in the league yet which puts even more pressure on the 21 year old kid we have upfront

Well, I was crying out for that all summer.

It is all well and good people saying Clinton can play up front but he has no proven pedigree as a central striker. Heck, Poch does not even think he is ready to start in the league yet which puts even more pressure on the 21 year old kid we have upfront

As was i and a few others on here, but we were told that we dont know enough about modern football.

I dont think last season was a fluke. He think he had a great season for a player of limited ability. He benefited hugley from it being his first season and more or less unknown, now the players have the videos of his movement (and dont stand off him anymore) to watch and know his strength and weaknesses.

I totally disagree. His finishing has never been especially clinical. He scored a lot of goals last year but many of them were not particularly precise finishes.

It is his all-round game that really impresses me. If he can sharpen up his finishing, he will be a very good striker. He has everything.

I totally disagree. His finishing has never been especially clinical. He scored a lot of goals last year but many of them were not particularly precise finishes.

It is his all-round game that really impresses me. If he can sharpen up his finishing, he will be a very good striker. He has everything.

His all round game has been very good in my opinion but he has been guilty of taking a touch too many too often

However last season he was almost scoring on a 1 in 2 basis from his shots iirc and he still is Hitting the target so he clearly knows the goal is. He needs a change of luck, a rest would be great and most importantly an arm round him form Poch telling him how good he is and will be

His all round game has been very good in my opinion but he has been guilty of taking a touch too many too often

However last season he was almost scoring on a 1 in 2 basis from his shots iirc and he still is Hitting the target so he clearly knows the goal is. He needs a change of luck, a rest would be great and most importantly an arm round him form Poch telling him how good he is and will be

Great post and I do agree with the extra touch. I actually think the first-half chance was hit too hard, he was rolling those in last season, the second-half chance was unlucky. But yes, sometimes he is taking a touch more than he needs to...

Great post and I do agree with the extra touch. I actually think the first-half chance was hit too hard, he was rolling those in last season, the second-half chance was unlucky. But yes, sometimes he is taking a touch more than he needs to...

He needs to just chill the F out and play his game. He is making it harder for himself by trying too hard

We have seen that plenty of times with Lamella too

It's hard for inexperienced players to realise they need to play their natural game

Eriksen today did just that and was creatively a class above

Back