• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Love Miguel, he is going to clean up on the senior's tour !!!

Miguel Angel Jimenez is a gamer. He simply plays golf in a disarming manner, enjoying it in the same way that he savors everything in life. That conceals, occasionally at least, the tenacity of what he does and how he does it.

Jimenez made his Champions Tour debut at the Greater Gwinnett Championship. On Sunday, he completed his dismantling of the TPC Sugarloaf and those who would challenge him, including the class of the Champions Tour, Bernhard Langer and Fred Couples.

Jimenez shot a final round 67 for a 202 total, 14-under-par, and a 2-shot victory over Bernhard Langer, who posted three straight 68s. Jay Haas (67) claimed third with 206, followed by Fred Couples (70) another shot back.

“It shows my game is in very good shape now,” Jimenez said. “A very nice day, I played very solid, very well. It’s great to play in first Champions event and win.”

Jimenez made 15 birdies and an eagle at TPC Sugarloaf. He dropped shots on consecutive holes in the second round – a bogey at the third followed by a double-bogey at the fourth – before finishing with nine birdies on the final 32 holes. All three rounds were played with lift, clean and place rules.

Jimenez became the 18th player to win his Champions Tour debut and the second in two events. Jeff Maggert won the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic on March 23. It is the second time in Champions Tour history that golfers making their debut have won back-to-back. In 1980, the first two official events ever played on the Champions Tour were won by Don January (Atlantic City International) and Roberto De Vicenzo (U.S. Senior Open).

Jimenez also became the first player to win a European Tour event (Hong Kong) and a Champions Tour event in the same season.

Jimenez has a career-defining goal for 2014. One way or the other, he will be a member of Europe’s Ryder Cup contingent for the match in Gleneagles, Scotland, in September. He has already been named an assistant by Captain Paul McGinley. That’s nice but it’s not what Jimenez craves.

Just ordered my new vokey wedges, sand wedge and a lop wedge in chrome finish, they are a thing of beauty !!!

001_5F00_A_5F00_Vokey_5F00_SM5_5F00_Banner_5F00_2_5F00_16x9.jpg

Just ordered my new vokey wedges, sand wedge and a lop wedge in chrome finish, they are a thing of beauty !!!

001_5F00_A_5F00_Vokey_5F00_SM5_5F00_Banner_5F00_2_5F00_16x9.jpg

Vokey wedges, never been able to get on with them. Hit the same shot twice and get 2 different yardages. Dont think they have ever bettered the 200 series to be honest, the best of a bad bunch.

Hope you have more luck with them. They do have some good grind and bounce options in this series though.

My wedges arrived on friday, my irons and driver next tuesday and the 3 wood on wednesday, so hoping to get some time either on the range next weekend

Just been to the range for the 1st time to hit my new irons and driver, once id got over my trying to hit them too hard excitement and I swang nice and controlled they went lovely

THe driver goes like a rocket, the wedges are so soft feeling to hit, awesome gear, playing on monday cant wait

Great win by Kaymer at the Players Championship, almost let it slip on the bck 9 but held on, swung beautifully during the 4 days, he bunker play and putting fantastic too

Also Garcia, Rose, McIlroy, Westwood & Molinari in the top 6, brill for european golf

Miguel Angel Jimenez, my fav golfer, just won the Spanish Open aged 50, what a guy, he will celebrate with a rioja and a cigar, LEGEND !!!

Played 18 today with my brother in law at his course. £50 green fee, wasn't worth half of it, conditions were poor. Ok bogey golf, messed up two par 4s with a 9 and 10, 95 strokes.

Got a tournament coming up this weekend, 18.holes friday , Saturday and Sunday. Should be interesting.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

I played in work tournament yesterday in Goodwood, shot a solid 90 off 18 Hdp and won, bit windy but played the conditions well. For the first time I played a whole round within myself and didn't extend over a 3 quarter swing.

I had my first round with my new clubs on the course yesterday, played ever so well, course was quiet so was hitting 5 plus shots into greens, etc

Switched to a crossover putting grip a few days ago. Since then I have played two rounds of 9, with 15 putts each round, no 3 putts, scoring 43 and 42.

This could be a turning point in my career:)

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Switched to a crossover putting grip a few days ago. Since then I have played two rounds of 9, with 15 putts each round, no 3 putts, scoring 43 and 42.

This could be a turning point in my career:)

A large %'age of tour pro's are using this style of putting now, I use it for short putts, helps you not break or hinge your wrists

BMW PGA from Wentworth starts today, one of my old golf club pals is playing for the 3rd year in a row Jason Levermore, he had a hole in 1 last year, has made the cut the past two years

A large %'age of tour pro's are using this style of putting now, I use it for short putts, helps you not break or hinge your wrists

Agreed. I find it much easier not to manipulate the stroke with this grip and I find aiming easier too.

I did some interweb research and found an interesting piece on naturally open shoulders, which I have according to my naprapath, meaning my left shoulder is further back than my right. Quite common for a right handed person. You can test this by standing in a door frame and looking left and right and see which shoulder is furthest back in the frame.

Anyways, putting your right hand lowest on your putter will open your shoulders even more, which can result in trouble with aiming straight. Putting your left hand low will do the opposite and square up your shoulders.

I spent 2 minutes on the putting green with this grip before taking it out on the course. I'm getting better roll, aim and distance control. No interlocking fingers on the grip btw, felt weird, so I'm going with a baseball grip of sorts.

Good to see Rory win yesterday, knew Bjorn would blow it, he is one of the best 3 round players going, also Monty won his 1st major, well a Senior title

The main aim of the left hand low is not to keep the wrists from breaking, it is to square up the left (lead) shoulder to the target. I tried it for a white but I just couldn't get and feel with it. I'd love to be able to do it though.

The main aim of the left hand low is not to keep the wrists from breaking, it is to square up the left (lead) shoulder to the target. I tried it for a white but I just couldn't get and feel with it. I'd love to be able to do it though.

I tend to use it on shorter putts and go back to a normal grip on longer putts, I defo dont miss as many from 6 ft in as I used to which helps with the old score

Back