• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

For Vlad maybe harsh, i mean there is a world of amateur football out there he could get into perhaps combine it with a career delivering post.

For Ade however, i think its a brilliant solution.
I know these are just throw away comments but I wouldn't wish that on anyone really.

However I will say that that picture of those gooners is rather offensive and should be removed

I'll add another vote for removing the back-page images before posting, at least. They're what take up most of the extra space, and the last thing I want is to be screamed at by horrid red-top headlines, especially about goons; I usually go out of my way to avoid them.

Er.........Stoke are signing Afellay.
What the actual **** is happening in Stoke?!
Afellay is a very decent player. I know he usually plays the wing but I saw him line out as CM for Holland there a few months back against someone I can't remember now and he was brilliant. Free transfer too isn't he?

Stoke are doing some good business. Nzonzi will be a loss though. I rate him highly.

Anyone brought up the Callejon rumours?

Plays on the right IIRC, wing forward/striker. Apparently we have had a bid rejected by Napoli.

Afellay is a very decent player. I know he usually plays the wing but I saw him line out as CM for Holland there a few months back against someone I can't remember now and he was brilliant. Free transfer too isn't he?

Stoke are doing some good business. Nzonzi will be a loss though. I rate him highly.

We'll see if their window pays off. Personally I'm not so sure.

It really reminds me of when we signed Giovani Dos Santos and all our fans (myself included) lost their brick. Yes, a massive talent a few years previously, but his career - as with most of Stoke's signings - had stalled since.

Certainly a good strategy for Stoke to pursue - they can't really do any better - but whether it'll pay off is another question.

Seventh would be a brilliant showing from them. It's certainly achievable and would provide the platform to give Liverpool a bit of a scare in 2017 :D

Afellay was a very good player, he would have played more for them but he did his ligaments in - I remember him getting the assist to knock Arsenal out of the CL a few seasons back.

Also Bojan was excellent up until his injury as well so was working out previously.

Good to see a few more flair players in the league, at least Hughes is trying to get something going and should be entertaining to watch.

Bayern Munich complete £28m signing of Arturo Vidal from Juventus after Chile star joins on four-year deal

We were interested in Hjolberg (sp), a deep CM at Bayern. Young, Danish lad who has great technique and is highly thought of at Bayern but has recently been out on loan. The rumours said that Bayern wanted to keep him but that he wanted a route to first team football and knew he was worth more than just a bench place at Bayern. With Vidal now signing on there it will knock him down the pecking order so will we now make a move for him??

A poster on here (or maybe someone quoting something from COYS) had a friend that said we were still in for him in a big way and what with our delegation out in Germany, this could be an unknown link that the journo's haven't picked up.

Last edited:
Looks like Benzema is on his way to the scum, he's left the Madrid tour and posted something about "next stop the future"

Really good buy for them if he goes.

Odd as they don't have any other back up strikers pretty much. Ronaldo could play up front but with Hernandez back at UTD they only have Jese I think. Guess they probably won't have any trouble signing anyone.

If Benzema is going to the scum, I seriously fear the could win the league...:( But the next question is: Who are RM going to replace him with? Higuain? Llorente? I dont think they will go for a galactico this summer..

If Benzema is going to the scum, I seriously fear the could win the league...:(

Indeed!! They would be light years ahead of us...

But the next question is: Who are RM going to replace him with? Higuain? Llorente? I dont think they will go for a galactico this summer..

My guess is that Benitez will play Ronaldo as striker with Bale, Rodriguez and Isco behind him... and just get Llorente as a backup. They will never admit they were wrong to sell Higuain.

Back