• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Pretty sure AVB would understand tge club accepting a huge WR bid for Bale tbf

Do you have confidence that we will reinvest the money? No excuses when it comes to getting the Soldado deal done now. Even with this injection of cash, I still don't see us replacing him adequately.

Do you have confidence that we will reinvest the money? No excuses when it comes to getting the Soldado deal done now. Even with this injection of cash, I still don't see us replacing him adequately.
So right. Which world class player is going to come. No CL. It makes a massive difference when you pay poorly compared to others. We need a Cazorla or a Mata as a minimum. But we'll get far less I'm afraid.

brick this page has escalated!!

Two weeks ago I said he was going absolutely nowhere in work. Damn you media!!!!

If, and its a big "if" we have to sell Bale and we invest the money wisely, could we end up with a better overall team? Any fee over £90m has to be worth consideration, especially if Bale has decided that he wants to go?

If they offered £100m plus I would find it very hard to be angry at Levy for accepting. Very tough decision... would not like to be in his shoes right now.

Always in the past it has been easy. I mean we were never going to sell Modric for £30m plus Alex to a major rival, and getting £35m for Modric the following summer was bread and butter for Levy. Now we're talking ludicrous sums for one player. Sums that could put us a long way to playing in a new stadium or that could completely renovate the squad with 3 or 4 major signings over the coming windows.

So I can envisage him going back on his words from the 'letter to the fans'. But it will take a good deal more than £85m I think - probably why that's Madrid's opening bid (at least officially).

Despite all the unfathomable amount of zeros being touted about I don't want to see Bale go :(

I remember being stood on the High rd before a much forgettable league game against Middesbrough during the even more forgettable 2003/04 season. On the highroad billboard there was a picture of Theirry Henry advertising the new FIFA, at first I thought that it wasn't the best place to put a picture of an Arsenal player but then I thought to myself

"I wish one day we have a like that or better"

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

BUT ANYWAY, HE AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE :twisted:

If, and its a big "if" we have to sell Bale and we invest the money wisely, could we end up with a better overall team? Any fee over £90m has to be worth consideration, especially if Bale has decided that he wants to go?

It's not black and white. ATM our whole squad is suited to Bale. We aren't going to replace him, so we will need to at the same time sign talented replacements and adapt our squad to a slightly different playing style. These replacements and alterations will cause a lot of disruption, which will last for at least half a season. For that reason we also aren't going to sign all the replacements in one window, which will make the transition to life without Bale even longer. In which time Sandro et al could be pushing for an exit.

Of course it is possible, but we will have to be absolutely on fire after January because it will take time. As things stand, if we sign Soldado, we will be set to hit the ground running next year, get that CL qualification and build further. We have had enough disruption over the recent years, I think stability should be valued and we should not sell.

That said, £100m could quicken the recovery process nicely... Literally no one has ever had a war chest like that to recover with. Problem is every man and his dog will know we have that money burning a hole in our pocket and we could end up paying £30m for players worth £15m and regress dramatically. Ideally we wouldn't risk it...

When valuing a player you have to take into account how many points their goals and assists win and the value in money (placings, el or CL) and also the value of the brand and how much the club can make through image rights, merchandising and advertising. When you take all of that into consideration for Bale, then 80 million isn't so huge.
Being a person who reacts badly to people trying to bully me into things, I'd tell RM to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Must be incredibly tempting for Levy to accept these ridiculous sums, still think it'll be the wrong decision though. With Bale in our current team (and by that i mean with Soldado/new forward) we have the potential to realistically challenge for major honours this season, so why sell? After all the end goal of this 'project' is to attain major honours in the end is it not? We'd still be able to sell him for the same amount next season so it is not as if we are losing on that front. We have all pretty much accepted that he'll leave next season, so the logical thing to do would be to keep hold of Bale's services for one more year and have a go at a major trophy and then initiate a bidding war with the likes of Monaco, City, Madrid and PSG next summer and try to bump up the price even more.

It's not black and white. ATM our whole squad is suited to Bale. We aren't going to replace him, so we will need to at the same time sign talented replacements and adapt our squad to a slightly different playing style. These replacements and alterations will cause a lot of disruption, which will last for at least half a season. For that reason we also aren't going to sign all the replacements in one window, which will make the transition to life without Bale even longer. In which time Sandro et al could be pushing for an exit.

Of course it is possible, but we will have to be absolutely on fire after January because it will take time. As things stand, if we sign Soldado, we will be set to hit the ground running next year, get that CL qualification and build further. We have had enough disruption over the recent years, I think stability should be valued and we should not sell.

That said, £100m could quicken the recovery process nicely... Literally no one has ever had a war chest like that to recover with. Problem is every man and his dog will know we have that money burning a hole in our pocket and we could end up paying £30m for players worth £15m and regress dramatically. Ideally we wouldn't risk it...

Seems like every season is a transtional season for Spurs.

Yup, I think Bale wants to leave, I think thar his head has been turned by Real Madrid's interest. Who can blame him?

We comment, and speculate, as Spurs fans but for Bale, his link to the club is more as an employee albeit one who has developed a liking to the club, he is still unlikely to possess the same bond to the club as we do.

I despise Real Madrid for the way that they have approached this transfer. I do, however, appreciate that, in terms of club reputation, Real Madrid are living a rung up the ladder from us even if this has, at least partly, been achieved using ill gotten gains.

I think all that's left is a showdown between Real Madrid & Levy and whether an appropriate sum can be found. I fully expect Bale to have left within the fortnight and the bid to be circa £90 million.

We'll move on as a club and we'll finish strongly in spite of the loss. Soldado will sign on Thursday, and we'll have 2 new players join the club within a week of Bale's departure.

All this is my opinion, no facts, but it's the way I see this going down.

Back