• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Friday 2nd November 2012:

Who were the last of the twelve original 1888-89 Football League clubs to be relegated?

Villa were very successful early on. Most of the league titles and cups are more than 100 years ago. So I'll guess Villa.

Yes, Aston Villa lost their Top Flight status at the end of season 1935-36 after a run of 44 consecutive seasons in the Top Flight of English Football.

Football League Alphabetical Positions by Clubs from Season 1888-89 to 2012-13

I love that chart. Am I misremembering or do you have another version in the order the clubs entered the league (i.e. original twelve first)?

One suggestion. It would be easier to see transitions between divisions if the background colors were coded by color instead of the text. You could indicate champions by a brighter shade of the same color

I love that chart. Am I misremembering or do you have another version in the order the clubs entered the league (i.e. original twelve first)?

One suggestion. It would be easier to see transitions between divisions if the background colors were coded by color instead of the text. You could indicate champions by a brighter shade of the same color

Yes, the same information is presented in chronological order here.

Saturday 3rd November 2012:

Who scored the most goals for England U-21s in the qualifiers for Israel 2013 UEFA Championships?

Saturday's answer: Craig Dawson of West Bromwich Albion with 5 goals.

Sunday 4th November 2012:

Which four clubs have had consecutive Top Flight runs of 50 seasons or more?

Just checked the answer and your page about top flight records. Love your disclaimer about Arsenal!

Arsenal (1919-20 to 2012-13, 87 seasons), Everton (1954-55 to 2012-13, 59 seasons), and Liverpool (1962-63 to 2012-13, 51 seasons) are all correct, but not Manchester United.

The obvious candidates have been named or ruled out. From your question a few days ago, Villa just missed out (1888-1935/36?). None of the recently succeswsful clubs have had long spells in the top flight (Leeds, Forest, Chelsea).

I suspect it must be a club with early success. Maybe Sunderland.

Back