• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Tuesday 16th October 2012:

Which club's players have won the most England caps under Roy Hodgson after his first 10 matches?

Gerrard, Hart and Rooney?

EDIT: read the question wrong - it would then have to be Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool?

Gerrard, Hart and Rooney?

EDIT: read the question wrong - it would then have to be Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool?

Going into the Poland match, players from Emirates Marketing Project have won 29 caps (25 starts, 4 substitutes) followed by Manchester United (23 + 4) and Liverpool (19 + 8 ) both with 27 caps.

Individually, Joleon Lescott has played for the longest time under Hodgson with 729 minutes and winning 9 caps.

England National Team Squad Minuted played under Roy Hodgson

What about which club has provided the most players? Still City?

We'd be close you'd think.

Since England played its first match in 1872, Aston Villa have provided the highest number of players.

Under Roy Hodgson, 7 different Liverpool players have won caps (Carroll, Downing, Gerrard, Henderson, Johnson, Kelly & Shevely) with Chelsea and Manchester United having 6 players each and Emirates Marketing Project & Tottenham Hotspur with 5 players each.

Legend.

Can I ask, is that site your full time job? Or just a hobby?

Do you make money from it?

I must go on there every other day, I'm sure you'd get a bit of traffic.

Legend.

Can I ask, is that site your full time job? Or just a hobby?

Do you make money from it?

I must go on there every other day, I'm sure you'd get a bit of traffic.

It started-out as a hobby but has gradually taken-up more of my time.

Everything on the site is freely available (no subscription fees), so any revenues generated only come from advertising and sponsorship.

These just about cover the costs of running the site with a bit of beer money thrown-in for good measure.

Venables.

I'm not sure I read the question correctly: either Chelsea or Spurs player managing either Chelsea or Spurs?

Nicholson and Rowe both fit that question. So does Cameron. (All Spurs players and manager)

Danny Blanchflower managed Chelsea.

Last edited:
Venables.

I'm not sure I read the question correctly: either Chelsea or Spurs player managing either Chelsea or Spurs?

Nicholson and Rowe both fit that question. So does Cameron. (All Spurs players and manager)

Danny Blanchflower managed Chelsea.

Danny Blanchflower (Spurs player, Chelsea manager) and Terry Venables (Chelsea & Spurs player, Spurs manager) are both correct.

One more to get...

Danny Blanchflower (Spurs player, Chelsea manager) and Terry Venables (Chelsea & Spurs player, Spurs manager) are both correct.

One more to get...

Can you rephrase the question so Rowe, Nicholson and Cameron are not correct answers.

One more to get...

Can you rephrase the question so Rowe, Nicholson and Cameron are not correct answers.

George Graham played for Chelsea, I believe.

George Graham played for Chelsea, I believe.

Indeed he did - George Graham (Chelsea player, Spurs manager).

André Villas-Boas managed both clubs but never played for either of them.

Thursday 18th October 2012:

How many of the 16 Africa Cup of Nations Finalists 2013 have previously won the competition?

Back