• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

David Nugent, I believe? Came on once as a late substitute in '07, scored a goal off a deflection from a Defoe shot and never pulled on an England shirt again? Can't remember who it was against, although Moldova seems to spring to mind for some reason.

David Nugent, I believe? Came on once as a late substitute in '07, scored a goal off a deflection from a Defoe shot and never pulled on an England shirt again? Can't remember who it was against, although Moldova seems to spring to mind for some reason.

Nugent played 11 minutes for England as a Preston North End player against Andorra in March 2007.

But there are five players who had shorter England careers than him.

I just saw the answer - Statto, the question is slightly 'deceiving' in its wording

Shortest in terms of full-caps or in terms of playing time?

Last edited:
I just saw the answer - Statto, the question is slightly 'deceiving' in its wording

Shortest in terms of full-caps or in terms of playing time?

Shortest in terms of playing time - the five players in question were all on the field for 10 minutes or less.

Nugent played 11 minutes for England as a Preston North End player against Andorra in March 2007.

But there are five players who had shorter England careers than him.

Ah. I'm stumped, then. Frazier 'Black Zorro' Campbell? He came on fairly late in the recent Netherlands game, and I believe doesn't possess any other caps, though I don't know for sure. I believe there are probably a few players from the early days who had shorter careers, but remembering who they were is nigh on impossible.

Ah. I'm stumped, then. Frazier 'Black Zorro' Campbell? He came on fairly late in the recent Netherlands game, and I believe doesn't possess any other caps, though I don't know for sure. I believe there are probably a few players from the early days who had shorter careers, but remembering who they were is nigh on impossible.

Yes, Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland, 10 minutes v Netherlands 2012).

Four more to get...

Martin Kelly, Brian Marwood, Frazier Campbell, Lee Hendry & Jay Bothroyd?

Steve Perryman didnt get much time either IIRC.

Martin Kelly, Brian Marwood, Frazier Campbell, Lee Hendry & Jay Bothroyd?

Steve Perryman didnt get much time either IIRC.

Martin Kelly - the shortest England career of all - (Liverpool, 2 minutes v Norway 2012) and Brian Marwood (Arsenal, 9 minutes v Saudi Arabia 1988 ) are both correct.

We've had Fraizer Campbell already.

Two more to get...

Last edited:
So one cap wonders? Like Kevin Davies and Chris Sutton?

There's plenty of players who only won one cap for England.

But the missing two players are Peter Ward (Brighton, 6 minutes v Australia 1980) and Jim Barrett (West Ham, 8 minutes v Ireland 1928 ).

Barrett is interesting because he started the match and got injured - there were no substitutes back then and England played the rest of the match with 10 men but still beat Ireland 2-1.

Back