• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Tuesday 24th June 2014:

What made Rob Rensenbrink's goal for the Netherlands v Scotland at the 1978 World Cup unique?

I think this was on the documentary of the '78 World Cup I watched recently. Was it the 1000th World Cup goal scored?

Wednesday 25th June 2014:

Who is the only player to appear for two different Nations at the FIFA World Cup Finals?

Ferenc Puskas (Hungary & Spain) - thank you BBC for showing the 62 finals film a week or two back.

On checking Di Stefano, he played for 3 nations, but his World Cup luck was out through non-attendance or non-qualification of those concerned, then an injury.

Alfredo Di Stéfano (capped by three countries: Argentina, Colombia & Spain) and Ferenc Puskas (capped by Hungary & Spain) are both good shouts, but incorrect.

Alfredo Di Stéfano (capped by three countries: Argentina, Colombia & Spain) and Ferenc Puskas (capped by Hungary & Spain) are both good shouts, but incorrect.

Puskas played 3 games (2 group and FINAL) for Hungary in Switzerland 1954

Puskas played 3 games for Spain in Chile 1962

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puskás_Ferenc which has to be read through as it's not the best laid out.

Sorry if this spoils the question.

Last edited:
Are we including countries that split/merged or two completely unrelated countries. I'd think half the Germany 1994 squad played for West Germany in 1990, and there'd be a few contenders for the Yugoslavians and Czechs.

Are we including countries that split/merged or two completely unrelated countries. I'd think half the Germany 1994 squad played for West Germany in 1990, and there'd be a few contenders for the Yugoslavians and Czechs.

No, this is two completely different countries, such as Portugal and Australia.

Puskas played 3 games (2 group and FINAL) for Hungary in Switzerland 1954

Puskas played 3 games for Spain in Chile 1962

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puskás_Ferenc which has to be read through as it's not the best laid out.

Sorry if this spoils the question.

Luis Monti for Argentina in 1930 and Italy in 1934, although Puskas is also a correct answer - my bad!

Thursday 26th June 2014:

Why did FIFA award the first World Cup Finals to Uruguay in 1930?

Back