• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

are we counting Chelsea - Munich, we shouldn't really as it hasn't happened yet?

i'm gonna say 4 if we don't, 5 if we do

are we counting Chelsea - Munich, we shouldn't really as it hasn't happened yet?

i'm gonna say 4 if we don't, 5 if we do

This season's Final will be the 6th time:

1975 Bayern Munich 2-0 Leeds United
1977 Liverpool 3-1 Borussia Monchengladbach
1980 Nottingham Forest 1-0 SV Hamburg
1982 Aston Villa 1-0 Bayern Munich
1999 Manchester United 2-1 Bayern Munich
2012 Chelsea v Bayern Munich

UEFA European Cup & UEFA Champions League Finals 1955-56 to 2010-11

Monday 30th April 2012:

Which club has won the most Football League Championships without ever winning one in the Top Flight of English Football?

Clive Allen got 49 for us in all competitions and Dixie Dean got 60 in the league alone so I'm guessing those 2 are part of the answer. I won't even bother googling to check in case the precious people here get offended.

The answers are all on Statto's website. Why don't you just go on there and tell us the answer?

No I go on there once I've had a guess. I then keep the answer to myself so that other posters can have a guess too without me giving away the answer before they've had a chance. I guess I'm just considerate that way.

And plus it's a brilliant site that Statto has.

No I go on there once I've had a guess. I then keep the answer to myself so that other posters can have a guess too without me giving away the answer before they've had a chance. I guess I'm just considerate that way.

And plus it's a brilliant site that Statto has.

Yes it is.

The fact Statto though hasn't had any input on this "debate" isn't going to resolve it either. It's his quiz, maybe he wants people to find answers by utilising his site or maybe he is dead against people surfing for the answers. Either way not your call is it, you say considerate I say you can stop scrolling once you see the question. It's like you are saying if someone does know the answer off the top of their head they shouldn't post it so others don't see the answer and have it spoilt for them.

Yes it is.

The fact Statto though hasn't had any input on this "debate" isn't going to resolve it either. It's his quiz, maybe he wants people to find answers by utilising his site or maybe he is dead against people surfing for the answers. Either way not your call is it, you say considerate I say you can stop scrolling once you see the question. It's like you are saying if someone does know the answer off the top of their head they shouldn't post it so others don't see the answer and have it spoilt for them.

not going to debate this. Just read through the last couple of pages and you'll find its not my call.

not going to debate this. Just read through the last couple of pages and you'll find its not my call.

It's just a bit of fun guys!

If people want to Google the answer (or use my site) that's up to them, but I think it's better to have a genuine guess at it.

In any case, there's really no need to get upset over it.

Tuesday's answer: William 'Dixie' Dean (Everton, 63 goals 1927-28 ), Clive Allen (Tottenham Hotspur, 49 goals 1986-87) and Ian Rush (Liverpool, 47 goals 1983-84).

All-Time Top European Club Goalscorers

Wednesday 2nd April 2012:

Which England National Team manager had the best winning percentage in competitive matches?

Back