• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Idk it seems to me they get good info and then tack a lot of opinion on top as well - AG in particular

AG has a lot of columns to file each week, I don't think that he sensationalises though. He definitely gets info from within the club and not just from the press office either. He was almost exactly right on our transfer targets last summer.

So what are the new reporting lines then. Who does the DoF report to and who does the new manager report to? Does this mean the new manager is a de facto coach? Is this a New Manager-Paratici-Levy triumvirate, (in which case who is Pompey).

Being profoundly pessimistic by nature I always see the DoF/manager arrangement as a recipe for miscommunication, confusion, blame and unnecessary aggro (not necessarily in that order). I prefer football management by dictatorship - providing we get a benign despot that actually knows what they are doing - unlike the last one.

As for Paratici, have we had peak Paratici (like Mourinho) or is he still at the top of his/the modern game?

So what are the new reporting lines then. Who does the DoF report to and who does the new manager report to? Does this mean the new manager is a de facto coach? Is this a New Manager-Paratici-Levy triumvirate, (in which case who is Pompey).

Being profoundly pessimistic by nature I always see the DoF/manager arrangement as a recipe for miscommunication, confusion, blame and unnecessary aggro (not necessarily in that order). I prefer football management by dictatorship - providing we get a benign despot that actually knows what they are doing - unlike the last one.

As for Paratici, have we had peak Paratici (like Mourinho) or is he still at the top of his/the modern game?

It's about workloads and separation of duty

- Whenever a company gets to a certain size, you need to delegate, you need to have "more specialized" people in certain roles.

CEO, PR, HR, DoF, Coach this is how every company works, and yes every company has office politics and people who like/don't like each other, it still functions for the most part.

I hope that the details will be announced when he is formally appointed. It looks like he will work alongside Hitchen, so we need clarification on who does what there. If he is General Manager, it looks like he will run the football side of the club, let's hope Levy gives him the space to do it.

This is the way that most football clubs are run now. If he is good and Levy lets him do his job, we should have nothing to fear and this is a really positive step.

Idk it seems to me they get good info and then tack a lot of opinion on top as well - AG in particular

It’s all Chinese whispers. Levy to a press officer to a journo - who in AG just a crazed fan like the rest of us. the meaning can become exaggerated.

From, say ‘we had positive talks with Conte and we want to make it happen’....to it’s all done and to be announced.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's about workloads and separation of duty

- Whenever a company gets to a certain size, you need to delegate, you need to have "more specialized" people in certain roles.

CEO, PR, HR, DoF, Coach this is how every company works, and yes every company has office politics and people who like/don't like each other, it still functions for the most part.

I understand the model for corporations. And in a major corporations external talent sourcing is usually done via executive search/senior exec input/nomination committees. I am not sure that translates easily into a football scenario. Player acquisition and senior exec appointments seem to require different processes even though both take place within the same club.

It seems more like the old Hollywood studio system with a director, studio head and a captive roster of talent. What happens in other team sports - American football/basketball/ice hockey/cricket/rugby/cycling in terms of division of responsibilities, especially around player identifications and acquisition? Is there a particular model that dominates or a lot of variation?

I hope that the details will be announced when he is formally appointed. It looks like he will work alongside Hitchen, so we need clarification on who does what there. If he is General Manager, it looks like he will run the football side of the club, let's hope Levy gives him the space to do it.

This is the way that most football clubs are run now. If he is good and Levy lets him do his job, we should have nothing to fear and this is a really positive step.

I really hope so.

I understand the model for corporations. And in a major corporations external talent sourcing is usually done via executive search/senior exec input/nomination committees. I am not sure that translates easily into a football scenario. Player acquisition and senior exec appointments seem to require different processes even though both take place within the same club.

It seems more like the old Hollywood studio system with a director, studio head and a captive roster of talent. What happens in other team sports - American football/basketball/ice hockey/cricket/rugby/cycling in terms of division of responsibilities, especially around player identifications and acquisition? Is there a particular model that dominates or a lot of variation?

Watch moneyball will give you an idea of how the us sports model works. Brad pitt being the dof.

Came in to this thread last expecting there to have been a genuine statement, given how everyone is talking. Widely reported and officially confirmed are not the same thing, as we should know by now.

Appreciate this probably will happen and I'll look pedantic in hindsight.

Is anyone willing to pay the money though?
We'll get north of £100m for him.... maybe even as much as £140m I suspect we'll see the words 'special relationship' get mentioned or 'key to this deal was us getting <insert unwanted player(s) from buying club'

Watch moneyball will give you an idea of how the us sports model works. Brad pitt being the dof.

Is he available?

[I enjoyed Moneyball, also the Big Short - and the book Liar's Poker is worth checking out if you haven't already]

Came in to this thread last expecting there to have been a genuine statement, given how everyone is talking. Widely reported and officially confirmed are not the same thing, as we should know by now.

Appreciate this probably will happen and I'll look pedantic in hindsight.

Since when did someone not actually having joined/signed ever prevent us from establishing exactly how the signing was definitely going to end in tears!

I'm pretty sure supporting Spurs is responsible for my glass half empty tendencies. And possibly not good for my mental health. [In fact I feel a class action coming on.]

Juve fans on reddit think that Patricia will do well spotting young talent and the same breath criticise him for failing to shift deadwood and assembling a balanced squad for several years know.

Yeah I know, sounds perfect for us already.

https:// www.reddit.com /r/Juve/comments/nqolzc/from_a_spurs_fan_how_goodbad_was_fabio_paratici/

Is he available?

[I enjoyed Moneyball, also the Big Short - and the book Liar's Poker is worth checking out if you haven't already]
I have played a few games of liars poker on the trading floor.... Must confess that I didn't really have the stomach (or the bonuses!) to make a go of it....

The big short is a good story that provides a decent insight into the sub-prime debacle. It was disappointing when they took that book and turned into something of a comedy for the film.

Juve fans on reddit think that Patricia will do well spotting young talent and the same breath criticise him for failing to shift deadwood and assembling a balanced squad for several years know.

Yeah I know, sounds perfect for us already.

https:// www.reddit.com /r/Juve/comments/nqolzc/from_a_spurs_fan_how_goodbad_was_fabio_paratici/
I'm actually strangely optimistic....

If the DoF has the right relationship with the manager then the manager should ensure that he is requesting the DoF to go after specific positions/types of players and the DoF being a good talent spotter should take care of the rest. The point about not shifting deadwood is interesting seeing as Juventus seem to operate a reasonably low (compared to size of club) transfer budget? Maybe the fact that they are one of the highest salary payers in Europe makes it difficult for them to shift unwanted players? I do envisage us having the same sort of problem with many of ours (who I don't think will count the big boys amongst their suitors) so we'll then need Levy to sanction the greasing of a fair few deals via payoffs I think.

Back