• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2020

Surely that’s worse? How could you dictate that to someone? What is likely one of the biggest moments of their life? They must have a say. And it would have been discussed and practise in training — if not, that is if a failure of management.

I’m assuming the manager would pick the players who can handle it.

Not knowing that of course is a failure of management.

I'm sure the players volunteer, quite right too, but Southgate must come up with the order. The fifth penalty is always likely to be decisive, very odd to send such inexperience up in that situation.

I’m assuming the manager would pick the players who can handle it.

Not knowing that of course is a failure of management.

Players miss penalties. It’s a fact. How can you expect Southgate to predict that? If they discuss it and a player says “I want to take one”, then in most cases you let them.

I'm sure the players volunteer, quite right too, but Southgate must come up with the order. The fifth penalty is always likely to be decisive, very odd to send such inexperience up in that situation.

I agree with this.

The worst part about it is he played for penalties and we missed 3 out of the 5 fudging penalties.

We have been brick to watch throughout this tournament. Look at the teams we have played, take away Germany and every team we should have beaten up until the final. We were tinkle poor and Southgate was to blame, where were the positive subs in thr 90 minutes?

Yes he’s a fraud . He’s not a top level manager as proven in his club career.

The style of football , game management and more says that to me . He has a wealth of talent at his fingers and picks on name and favouritism.

He was a kick of the ball away from delivering something for England that literally no one else has.

He was a kick of the ball away from delivering something for England that literally no one else has.

Think a lot of managers would have got a lot more from this group of players. Southgate is a suit for the FA. Again he’s not a top level manager.

It was all pre-planned. Southgate wasn't able to observe what was going on live and react to it. You could see Rashford was itching to get on. Could have come on from about 70mins fresh. Was standing on the sidelines all extra time, then comes on with Sancho specifically to take a pen. Was bizarre, wasteful and showed a lack of courage and belief from the manager himself.

Italy won that for one reason alone - their togetherness. As a team they pulled it through, not because they were better footballers, but because they fought for it as a team.

Back