• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Warm Up Thread

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
The 24 teams will be drawn into six groups of four teams each. The finals will start on Friday 10 June 2016, with the showpiece taking place at Stade de France on Sunday 10 July.

The draw takes place Saturday 12 December at 5pm.

2305914_w3.jpg

CUC55GrWUAAR8U0.png

The six group winners, six group runners-up and the four best third-placed teams play the round of 16 in single leg knockout matches.

I don't think you want Italy from pot 2. They can be good at tournament play even when playing poorly beforehand.

I also don't think anyone wants Wales as a fourth seed. They have players to cause damage and would be a particularly dangerous opponent for England.

The draw shouldn't be a problem for the top seeds to qualify, with the possible exception of getting Italy and Wales. That's the problem with the expanded format, it takes away that competitive element from the start which was what made it a good tournament. Now its just a world cup-lite.

I don't think you want Italy from pot 2. They can be good at tournament play even when playing poorly beforehand.

I also don't think anyone wants Wales as a fourth seed. They have players to cause damage and would be a particularly dangerous opponent for England.

The draw shouldn't be a problem for the top seeds to qualify, with the possible exception of getting Italy and Wales. That's the problem with the expanded format, it takes away that competitive element from the start which was what made it a good tournament. Now its just a world cup-lite.
My thoughts as well, but they're not the Italy of old. It really wouldn't surprise me if Wales go all the way. They just need a kind group.

Less than 2 minutes gone - and that draw ceremony already bores me.

Why cant they just go straight to the draw?

Group A: France, Switzerland, Romania, Albania

Group B: England, Russia, Slovakia, Wales

Group C: Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Northern Ireland

Group D: Spain, Croatia, Czech Republic, Turkey

Group E: Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Ireland

Group F: Portugal, Austria, Hungary, Iceland

Great draw for Wales, will easily top the group, second place will probably come down to which team concedes the least Bale goals.

Crap. The chance of Ireland qualifying from the group stages was always going to be slim, no matter what the draw. But Belgium, Italy and Sweden? That's just unfair!

Crap. The chance of Ireland qualifying from the group stages was always going to be slim, no matter what the draw. But Belgium, Italy and Sweden? That's just unfair!

'Look Ireland are just gonna get knocked out.........get over it' ...........as a great man once said :)

Back