• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Because we're winning in spite of him and could replace him with a striker who offers a goal threat.

Honestly, football forums do make me laugh sometimes. I have yet to meet a Spurs fan in real life either at the games or just in general that actually believes he is playing well at the moment and doesn't need to get his act together. I know people like a debate but I don't see how people can make a case that he's playing well.

Not being awkward for the sake of of mate, but I guarantee you that if you knew/saw the regular away support you would absolutely hear the majority of them saying that on telly his work isn't seen properly. No-one denies he needs to score, no-one denies he needs to score and that his confidence is low, but he is doing a lot of work up there...I've been to a few away games this season (distance prevents me from going to all of them!) and my mates go home and away every week.

Bale seemed happy to take responsibility last night :) Must have had close to 10 shots in the game.

Apart from the miss, and it was a bad miss, I thought Ade did alright again last night. Not a lot of service, especially in the first half, fought hard against a tough team and got himself involved. Seemed to close down fairly well and work pretty hard. He also didn't let his head drop after the miss from what I could see on the telly, if anything he looked more determined to close down to make up for his mistake.

THIS 100%. I predict that he will score for us in our next home game!!

I've already made a predo with Steff that he wont score again this season.
Im looking very good so far after last nights showing!!
Come on JD please return to fitness and take the waste of space' spot in the starting XI

Not being awkward for the sake of of mate, but I guarantee you that if you knew/saw the regular away support you would absolutely hear the majority of them saying that on telly his work isn't seen properly. No-one denies he needs to score, no-one denies he needs to score and that his confidence is low, but he is doing a lot of work up there...I've been to a few away games this season (distance prevents me from going to all of them!) and my mates go home and away every week.

I think his work rate has been good at times, but still not good enough. I don't mean I want him to run around like Tevez for 90 minutes because that's not his game, but a bit more movement would be welcomed. Granted we don't have a passer who can open defences up, but he doesn't exactly make that many good runs either. The Coventry game summed it up for me. I'd say it was his worst performance in a Spurs shirt, but people weren't even surprised when he kept losing the ball or miscontrolled it, almost like they expected it from him.

Bale seemed happy to take responsibility last night :) Must have had close to 10 shots in the game.

Apart from the miss, and it was a bad miss, I thought Ade did alright again last night. Not a lot of service, especially in the first half, fought hard against a tough team and got himself involved. Seemed to close down fairly well and work pretty hard. He also didn't let his head drop after the miss from what I could see on the telly, if anything he looked more determined to close down to make up for his mistake.

I will agree he isn't getting lots of chances, but even when he does get one, he never looks like scoring which is worrying. He isn't creating chances or even half chances for himself like Defoe can do on occasion.

He never bloody missed when he played for Arsenal in North London derbies.

Because we're winning in spite of him and could replace him with a striker who offers a goal threat.

Honestly, football forums do make me laugh sometimes. I have yet to meet a Spurs fan in real life either at the games or just in general that actually believes he is playing well at the moment and doesn't need to get his act together. I know people like a debate but I don't see how people can make a case that he's playing well.

Not until the summer. Support him.

I've already made a predo with Steff that he wont score again this season.
Im looking very good so far after last nights showing!!
Come on JD please return to fitness and take the waste of space' spot in the starting XI

:lol:

I stand by my prediction that the only egg near my face come May will be on a fork heading into my cakehole sunshine!!!

:lol:

I think Ade was a lot better than recently but still far from enough to earn his wages.

Strangely for the last few minutes of the match (after the winning goal) he was able to control the ball, hold off defenders, lay it off to teammates, etc.

Injury time we played like Barcelona

I will agree he isn't getting lots of chances, but even when he does get one, he never looks like scoring which is worrying. He isn't creating chances or even half chances for himself like Defoe can do on occasion.

He never bloody missed when he played for Arsenal in North London derbies.

He's creating for others instead.

If he doesn't look like scoring, that's far better. :p

In all honesty i do not look forward to Defoe coming back. The number of shots he takes from range is too many. We currently have Bale who is far better at it. There's only really room for one selfish player in the team imo.

He's creating for others instead.

If he doesn't look like scoring, that's far better. :p

In all honesty i do not look forward to Defoe coming back. The number of shots he takes from range is too many. We currently have Bale who is far better at it. There's only really room for one selfish player in the team imo.

Creating for others? You jest of course

Yeah, don't think he's really the answer we're looking for with the games that we've got coming up, hope he proves me wrong though of course

Yeah, don't think he's really the answer we're looking for with the games that we've got coming up, hope he proves me wrong though of course

Surely it's better to have options for AVB to be able to use. If Ade misfires (?) then JD could make an impact from the bench.

this might just be me, and I expect i'll get labelled with having an agenda as I was critical of him in the last 2 match threads, but Dembele has been a bigger let down for me than Ade this season

i'm seeing the Adebayor we've played against, i'm not seeing the Dembele we've played against (remember that 4-0), yet one is being vilified hourly and one is getting good reviews, one of them also cost 3 times as much as the other (not that transfer fee's are necessarily relevant to a players ability), I worry he could be another Jenas and not do his ability justice

Two clear chances created against Lyon away.. which is recent.

Kind of clutching at straws isn't it? He was poor in the other game against Lyon and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Agreed were not creating as many chances as last season, but his movement isn't good enough right now, I don't see him making runs, except against Lyon, and when he does get a chance, he fluffs it.

Lets be honest, we all knew he would go to the ACN and score goals, then come back to England and dry up again didn't we lol?

Back