• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

He worked really hard lastnight, he didnt have his best night but you cant say he didnt put a shift in because he did

He worked really hard lastnight, he didnt have his best night but you cant say he didnt put a shift in because he did

I'm glad a few people are noticing this. tinkles me off how my twitter timeline was full of Ade bashing for the whole game. Typical brick of he doesn't care, he's rubbish now he's got his contract and plays when it suits him. My point is why would he purposely play brick? All players would want to play well all the time, why would they play when it suits them? He's just going through a bad patch and needs to capture some form

Some people on here don't seem to know the difference between form/ability and work rate.

Coventry at home in the cup is the only time i thought Adebayor didn't put in the required work rate - other than that he has been playing poorly but not without effort and i'll argue that point all day long.

im with you on this. He is out of form but still tries to get involved in the game

Until he start scoring goals, he will always get slammed. When he scored against Reading, thought he will go on a goal run. But he has not looked like scoring since then.

im with you on this. He is out of form but still tries to get involved in the game

It's a team game. Our last games before he went to Africa 4-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-0. When he was in Africa we only mustered 1 a game.

2-1, 2-1 since his return.

I did not criticise Defoe whilst we were winning and he was not scoring and nobody else did.

Until he start scoring goals, he will always get slammed. When he scored against Reading, thought he will go on a goal run. But he has not looked like scoring since then.

You make it sound like it's been a long time since the Reading game. Last night was only his second start since that game.

Ironic considering your comments on Dawson in general

While I have on occasion pointed out the flaws in his game and stated that I rate our other CBs higher, I don't take to every thread to troll about his selection in the team like we see with Lloris/Friedel, Adebayor, Gallas, Dempsey.

Yes, he worked "hard", but his problem is that he is stupid, (in football)
He cant move before the ball is passed, he dont have a clue where the best place to run is and when to start, if the ball aint on its way...

This is why he can work all day and he wont be a top scorer. I would go as far and say we would be a better team witout him in the team.

He worked hard off the ball as he generally does(contrary to popular opinion) but his quality on it seems to have fallen off a cliff. I'm sure the guy used to be pretty powerful, gave defenders a tough time and was something of a cool and competent finisher. Now he kind of just floats around aimlessly, laying off harmless passes here and there. I was a big big fan of his last season but deary me ... he's becoming like Torres.

For strikers it is all about confidence. A couple of goals can kick start a good run. Defoe being a prime example.

I'd be tempted to give Ade a pass last night because he did work reasonably hard and did actually make a few decent runs. He flashed one reasonable chance wide but other than that the crosses were either blocked or not that close to him. He was still hovering around the right spot to score I thought. With a better service and a bit of luck he can can kick on for the remainder of the season. We've all seen what he can do when on song so lets get behind the chap.

. I would go as far and say we would be a better team witout him in the team.

At the moment? No i disagree - He is the best choice for the team of those available to play up front (Defoe/Dempsey - assuming both are fit) offers far more to general play than either

His movement was his downfall last night. I was there, and so was able to watch his movement quite closely, and whenever the ball was at the feet of our midfielders he just wasn't giving them an option. He would just be immobile in front of a defender and so there was a never a ball on for him to get on the end of. I agree he worked hard off the ball, but I'd happily exchange that for a bit more hard work when we're on the ball.

Yes, he worked "hard", but his problem is that he is stupid, (in football)
He cant move before the ball is passed, he dont have a clue where the best place to run is and when to start, if the ball aint on its way...

This is why he can work all day and he wont be a top scorer. I would go as far and say we would be a better team witout him in the team.

No, he isn't stupid mate, he's lacking in confidence and also adapting to playing a team role. Last season his MO was 'score goals'...this season, his MO is wider in remit (literally) and it is as much about helping create space around the box as anything else. As for a 'better team without him in the team' sadly the stats prove this is simply not the case...his confidence is certainly wavering, and once this issue is addressed, all will be well again on all fronts. Personally I think he is a very very important member of the squad (and side)...

His movement was his downfall last night. I was there, and so was able to watch his movement quite closely, and whenever the ball was at the feet of our midfielders he just wasn't giving them an option. He would just be immobile in front of a defender and so there was a never a ball on for him to get on the end of. I agree he worked hard off the ball, but I'd happily exchange that for a bit more hard work when we're on the ball.

In fairness, if he takes off quickly when Parker has the ball, by the time he receives it he's offside! The main problem for him right now, is that our central midfield simply isn't shifting the ball quickly enough when they receive it. Parky's pirouettes could form a highlight reel, and Dembele tends to dribble/lay off more than seek out a killer forward ball, thus what you're asking Ade to do in that situation is virtually impossible right now.

In fairness, if he takes off quickly when Parker has the ball, by the time he receives it he's offside! The main problem for him right now, is that our central midfield simply isn't shifting the ball quickly enough when they receive it. Parky's pirouettes could form a highlight reel, and Dembele tends to dribble/lay off more than seek out a killer forward ball, thus what you're asking Ade to do in that situation is virtually impossible right now.

it is called bending your run and being aware of where the last man is. Ade (and defoe) are the worst at this in the league and have been for the last couple of seasons. That is a skill that can be taught - and drummed into him in practice if necessary.

The excuses for Ade on here are just outrageous. He has it all in his armoury he just needs to apply it. It really is down to him.

It's a team game. Our last games before he went to Africa 4-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-0. When he was in Africa we only mustered 1 a game.

2-1, 2-1 since his return.

I did not criticise Defoe whilst we were winning and he was not scoring and nobody else did.

did you conveniently forget the brick 0-0 at QPR before he went. just admit it Mrs Ade, your bloke has been well off this season.

Ade needs to be the main target man I reckon. JD and Ade - JD got confident and got a little too greedy. Ade and Bale - Well Bale is on a high and will shoot (probably a good thing) however he assisted more last season (and probably why they had that dodgy dance together) :D Ade - Dempsey - no opinion as of yet but thought it could work.

He did work harder last season (perhaps) and his confidence needs a boost - goals and fan support. He's not exactly a brick player is he? This whole Togo issue probably didn't help either.

Back