• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

Now he's getting up to speed a bit more, how do people compare his attributes to Richarlison?
What things is he better than Richarlison and at what things is Richarlison better?

Now he's getting up to speed a bit more, how do people compare his attributes to Richarlison?
What things is he better than Richarlison and at what things is Richarlison better?

He's a better presser (it's executed better)
He's more physical (very rarely gets knocked down, pushed off)
His anticipation is elite, he moves before the play, he gambles
Hold up play looks better

For Richi
Really good in the air, haven't seen that yet from Solanke (not saying he's brick, Richi's good)
Ability to play wide, he can cover Son, don't see that from Solanke

The other differences is really the space they play in, Richi is capable of playing in box, but is more wide, if in center, on the edge of box (again similarities to Son in the space occupied). Solanke is a box predator, he wants to be inside the 6 yard box

Both look like they will run themselves into the ground for the team.

For Richi
Really good in the air, haven't seen that yet from Solanke (not saying he's brick, Richi's good)

The other differences is really the space they play in, Richi is capable of playing in box, but is more wide, if in center, on the edge of box (again similarities to Son in the space occupied). Solanke is a box predator, he wants to be inside the 6 yard box

This is definitely true. Solanke is proactive in the press. A lot of players tend to follow other teammates in pressing, but reactive pressing is too slow. We seemed to never have faith in our pressing but that seems different with Solanke automatically executing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-4-2 against certain teams (in reality, it'll be a 2-6-2).

For Richi

Wishful thinking but lets hope for this extended period Richi is out whether it be for injury or mental issues, he can return and demonstrate some form of fitness. Because him and Solanke is actually great options for CF, as they are both good quality and actually both fit Ange's style of play as the CF with their pressing.

Solanke edges it for me, he has more of a natural CF instinct and hold up play better but Richi would be a fantastic option to rotate him with as Solanke will need a rest with how hard he works....

Well someone sold Kane yesterday
That's when you threw our goals away
You act as if you just don't care
You look as if you're sailing somewhere

But if you can convince the Shelf
That we can score with someone else
And if big Dom can play that part
Then you can mend my broken heart

So lanke
So lanke
So lanke
So lanke

So lanke
So lanke
So lanke

So lanke
So lanke
So lanke

So lanke
So lanke

For Richi

I think Richarlson is great at attacking crosses, few players are now, Solanke looks better at competing for ball in air as he uses his body well to disrupt defender without giving away a foul and draws some.

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but (posted by yours truly on 7th August)....

"I'd suggested Solanke as a potential signing for us a few times over the past 6 months or so.... Looks to have all of things that Postecoglou would want from his centre forward.

I'm not sure I could think of another striker who would be more guaranteed to fit our way of playing and to get a decent amount of goals compared to Solanke."

;)

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but (posted by yours truly on 7th August)....

"I'd suggested Solanke as a potential signing for us a few times over the past 6 months or so.... Looks to have all of things that Postecoglou would want from his centre forward.

I'm not sure I could think of another striker who would be more guaranteed to fit our way of playing and to get a decent amount of goals compared to Solanke."

;)

Cool. Can you give more details again as to what things he brings that makes him good for a Postecoglou team?
Would love to hear how he compares/differs from Richarlison (both positively and negatively).

Ta!

;)

Hope in a few years you can repost it and pat yourself on the back. Still early days though but does look promising.

Back