• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

He made a bad decision for that pass, but he made some outstanding saves too, including the one straight after that pass to Spence. In fact, both of their goals were unfortunately rebounds from great saves he made.

The pass is what Ange wants. Be brave and take risks, Ange will take the blame when it goes wrong. When it does do wrong, it looks really bad…but I think the pay off is there when it works.

These games are about fitness and ironing out faults, poor pass early in the game better get those out of your system in friendlies.

i can't believe that ange wants the goalie to pass to a player near the penalty spot, seems highly inefficient. just get the player further away so that the keeper has more options. vicario should have just shooed spence away instead of passing, and should have noticed the risk of the oncoming player.

one thing about vicario is he is a bit like pickford who is on an adrenaline rush the entire game. from my own observation these type of players are bound to make mistakes sooner or later from tunnel vision or overreacting.

Gomes was like that as well. Saved a penalty against Blackpool then immediately gave another one away because he was so amped up . Be pleased but be professional. Don’t charge around like a nutter.

i can't believe that ange wants the goalie to pass to a player near the penalty spot, seems highly inefficient. just get the player further away so that the keeper has more options. vicario should have just shooed spence away instead of passing, and should have noticed the risk of the oncoming player.

one thing about vicario is he is a bit like pickford who is on an adrenaline rush the entire game. from my own observation these type of players are bound to make mistakes sooner or later from tunnel vision or overreacting.
It's a good run from Spence imo. Takes a player with him, create space for others. But yes, if he's closely tracked by an opponent that's probably not going to be the right passing choice most of the time.

We were struggling in our deep buildup from the start, kept trying and that's good to see. But we didn't really find solutions. Luckily we have better ball players coming back for that kind of situation and even though Vic can be a bit tunnel vision at times it's rarely been a problem.

It's a good run from Spence imo. Takes a player with him, create space for others. But yes, if he's closely tracked by an opponent that's probably not going to be the right passing choice most of the time.

We were struggling in our deep buildup from the start, kept trying and that's good to see. But we didn't really find solutions. Luckily we have better ball players coming back for that kind of situation and even though Vic can be a bit tunnel vision at times it's rarely been a problem.

Yeh I think the players like Romero and VDV are clearly crucial to that system and others we have like Drag and Phillips will improve over time on it IMO. Hard to gauge anything in these games as its such a missmatch of players you don't know the true value of a player coming in as its 6 or 7 coming in so not really reflective of a season where someone comes in to cover one place and the better players around them elevate them, so its tough

The Vanderson link is strange, unless it is for inverted left back or something.
The key part of that Ange interview about Spence is "Maybe he's learned a couple of things over the last couple of years about himself and hopefully we can sort of bear the fruit of that."

Good to hear even though it seemed pretty obvious to be the case.

Excited to see what he can do and offers some cover on the left too. Will be interesting to see how vulnerable he is defensively, but no doubt he offers a real threat going forward.

Both a rotation option (that we clearly need), but also someone to bring on from the bench to change the game a bit and offer a different attacking threat down that side.

To me he's more similar to Udogie than Porro. Strong runner with the ball, good dribbler and likes to get really high up the pitch. Porro more of a passer/ball striker type and likes to stay slightly deeper.

We'll have to see where and how much Kulusevski will end up playing, but I think having Spence there instead of Porro could be really good for Kulusevski. Needs that movement around him and ahead of him.

Really good to hear positive stuff from Ange in yesterday's press conference about Djed.
No attitude issues, part of the considerations for Monday, pleased to have back up for Porro & Udogie in the squad and seeing strong application in training and integration within the group from Spence.

Good to hear even though it seemed pretty obvious to be the case.

Excited to see what he can do and offers some cover on the left too. Will be interesting to see how vulnerable he is defensively, but no doubt he offers a real threat going forward.

Both a rotation option (that we clearly need), but also someone to bring on from the bench to change the game a bit and offer a different attacking threat down that side.

To me he's more similar to Udogie than Porro. Strong runner with the ball, good dribbler and likes to get really high up the pitch. Porro more of a passer/ball striker type and likes to stay slightly deeper.

We'll have to see where and how much Kulusevski will end up playing, but I think having Spence there instead of Porro could be really good for Kulusevski. Needs that movement around him and ahead of him.

Think he's a bigger potential goal threat than Udogie, in preseason he got in really threatening positions.

Got all of the physical attributes of a good football player ... hope that he has matured mentally and up for the tough ride ahead to make it in the big time ... big time

Back