• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I think that you must be the only Spurs fan in the world who is unhappy with the way we are developing young players.

You don't think hawking around our youth players on the final few days of the transfer window shows a lack of planning to what coaching they should be getting at that age?
It will be the same in a months time.

You don't think hawking around our youth players on the final few days of the transfer window shows a lack of planning to what coaching they should be getting at that age?

Isn't the loan window to the Championship and League One clubs extended beyond the normal PL transfer window?

It also seems rather reasonable to be aiming to secure favourable loan deals closer to the end of the transfer market when the clubs looking for loans have done most of their permanent business and know more about what they need. In some cases the early days loan makes sense, if the player and club are an obvious fit, but I'm guessing that's more the exception than the rule.

Also. You want young players given a chance, right? So giving them the chance to prove themselves during pre-season then loaning out those that aren't proving themselves ready for us at the end of that surely makes sense, no?

I really don't get this criticism. But I might of course be wrong. If this really is fair criticism please point me towards a club that does this better than us in your opinion.

No I don't. Youth players benefit massively from getting competitive games and the Football League loan window runs after the main window has closed. Besides, it seems like a good idea for the best prospects to spend as much of pre-season with the first team squad and coaches as they can.

Whats the point in the new training ground when we are sending players out to any team that will take them.
Meanwhile we fill our squad to while mediocre overpayed crap like Capoue and Chiriches so we have a squad big enough to play in the Europa League.

When you go on loan and play against physical players where wins mean points you lean something you cannot get playing in a high tec training facility. Just ask Harry Kane. Ali has battled for points and so has Pritchard, it can give you a better development than playing under 21 football

He pretty much was forced to play Kane. Kane scored 3 on the last 6 games at the end of the season before. Why was he waiting for Kane? He was 21 throw him in. Why only give him 96 league minute in 10 games before starting him while at the same time he was banging in goals week after week in the Cups (9 in 8 games)?

Maybe after seeing score 14 league goals in half a season he was hoping Ade would "man up" and continue that rich vein of form

Ryan Mason sums this whole thing up we loan our young players out until they are 23?

That had nothing to with the current manager so the point is irrelevant

hy did Poch waste the end of last season playing the likes of Paulinho, Stambouli, Chiriches in those meaningless games instead of giving a game to ANY of our young players.

Maybe he was evaluating them in the last chance saloon and why he is now happy to get rid this summer. They failed to "man up" and prove that their experience meant something

Carroll is the same age as Christian Eriksen ffs.

And Eriksen is more talented than Carroll so what point are you making exactly?

Last edited:
Modric how negative have you become. Almost every thread you seem to be moaning about something or other.

I personally thought he looked great to begin with, lost his way a bit but ultimately really excited by him. I'm certain he'll stay in be one of the four midfielders in the squad.

Last edited:
Madrid bow negative have you become. Almost every thread you seem to be mailing about something or other.

I personally thought he looked great to begin with, lost his way a bit but ultimately really excited by him. I'm certain he'll stay in be one of the four midfielders in the squad.

He is doing everything he can and he could potentially be a starter come The new year

He has the physical capability and footballing brain of a much older player

There was a passage of play where he linked up with Kane and it almost resulted in a great goal. Unfortunately the Producer switched to the drone cam and we didn't see the move in the quality it deserved but Alli was central to it.

For me he's in the first team squad. No chance of a loan and I reckon with the right introduction he will be gunning for a first team spot before the season is over.

Where's the relation to Hudd? Hudd could strike a ball so cleanly and a great long passer. Dele Alli seems more of a dribbler, maybe he'll become a better version of Jenas....
Did you not see him spraying passes left right and centre last night. Watch the video.

It nice to have a miserable contrarian like you around just to reinforce how correct the opposite view is.

Townsend was 'broken' by being sent on-loan so many times?? Really?

Or he is just an aveage player with pace and we were hoping game time of any sort might develop him where sitting in the U21s at the club wouldn't and he has just plateaud and will never have an end product of note because he just ain't all that?

Yeah, must be all the loans and the club's fault.

Indeed. On the contrary, he generally impressed on loan, probably because he was mainly used as a conventional winger in his time at Orient et al., and he looks quick relative to the median in those divisions. He just doesn't have enough else in his locker to stand out at the elite level, and that is what will count against him in the end.

Did you not see him spraying passes left right and centre last night. Watch the video.
Yes I did watch the game, to say he was spraying Hudd style passes left right and centre is a bit of a stretch. Most good CMs can spray long passes, Hudd differentiates himself by the way he strikes a ball so purely. Just don't see the comparison, sorry....

I have to say I song see him as a long range passer but that maybe a side of his and I've just never seen

I still see him very much as a Viera type. Technically very good, a ranger runner and a late runner Into the box for his goals

Either way he has a lot of tools in the box and will be a valuable signing in an area where we have shifted a lot of dross

I think he has way too much in his locker to go on loan, at the very least he should be starting in Europa and league cup matches this season.

This kid is just 19, he is a midfielder and he has 19 goals in 62 league appearances in the football league. Not shabby at all

Back