• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

My player of the season kane second

I agree.

For me whilst Kane gets all the plaudits for his goals, I think Rose has been more consistent at a high level and Kane didn't really feature in the PL for a good two/three months. Its obvious Kane will get player of the season but for me Rose has been our best player over the course of the season....

I agree.

For me whilst Kane gets all the plaudits for his goals, I think Rose has been more consistent at a high level and Kane didn't really feature in the PL for a good two/three months. Its obvious Kane will get player of the season but for me Rose has been our best player over the course of the season....

His progress has been notable for two reasons

- He was awful at times last year, and really Davies was bought to be #1
- I think even in our fans, people don't understand how difficult a position being a FB at Spurs is, due to the complete lack of protection from the wide players in front of them.

He's done well. I wouldn't put Rose above Kane (maybe because I always felt he could perform at this level).

Poch has brought Kane, Rose, Bentaleb and possibly Mason on a lot. Credit is due. Rose was for the scrap heap apparently. Poch did what was required, and got him focused. But we need a whole team firing on all cylinders, and confident. You can see why Mourinho likes to keep a small squad. Poch had to deal with a large squad this season. Can he get team-wide results next season, with some key players like Rose and Kane now in place? Encouraging signs.

Last edited:
Kane > Bentaleb > Rose for me this season. But Rose has done very well for sure.

Hope he can push on again next season and keep performing at a high consistent level.

He's done well. I wouldn't put Rose above Kane (maybe because I always felt he could perform at this level).

Poch has brought Kane, Rose, Bentaleb and possibly Mason on a lot. Credit is due. Rose was for the scrap heap apparently. Poch did what was required, and got him focused. But we need a whole team firing on all cylinders, and confident. You can see why Mourinho likes to keep a small squad. Poch had to deal with a large squad this season. Can he get team-wide results next season, with some key players like Rose and Kane now in place? Encouraging signs.

By scrap heap you mean in Spurs fans eyes? Because he was given a new 5 year contract at the end of the year and has been really highly regarded at the club and every manager we have had over the past few years.

Kane > Bentaleb > Rose for me this season. But Rose has done very well for sure.

Hope he can push on again next season and keep performing at a high consistent level.

Bentaleb > Rose?

Bentaleb leaves for the ACN and we have our best spell; Rose is injured for a couple of games and we are total shambles... it guess it is quite apparent who is more indispensable!

Bentaleb > Rose?

Bentaleb leaves for the ACN and we have our best spell; Rose is injured for a couple of games and we are total shambles... it guess it is quite apparent who is more indispensable!
More to the point Rose has been consistently at a high level throughout the season.

Bentaleb has had a few stellar performances,but nowhere near Rose in terms of consistency which is to be expected of a player at his age...

Bentaleb > Rose?

Bentaleb leaves for the ACN and we have our best spell;

This is rewriting history a little bit. Bentaleb played in the 5-3 win against Chelsea, then he left for the ACN in which these were our results:

FAC: Burnley 1-1 Spurs
EPL: Palace 2-1 Spurs
FAC: Spurs 4-2 Burnley
EPL: Spurs 2-1 Sunderland
COC: Spurs 1-0 Shef Utd
FAC: Spurs 1-2 Leicester
COC: Shef Utd 2-2 Spurs
EPL: West Brom 0-3 Spurs

Then his first game back was the 2-1 win over Arsenal.

This is rewriting history a little bit. Bentaleb played in the 5-3 win against Chelsea, then he left for the ACN in which these were our results:

That's not how it works here, you have to spout bollox like its true.

Cheers Yoof. Saved me some time looking that up.

One of the journalists on the latest Sunday Supplement was pretty convinced that Rose " will be sold ".

Is there any substance to this?

Can someone say again,sorry why he was sub and not playing against Stoke on Saturday???

Commentator on tv claimed he was not fully fit, wouldn't be able to manage 90 mins.

I assume when we went 2-0 down (while looking poor), Poch decided not to risk him for a game that at best we might drag a draw out of.

By scrap heap you mean in Spurs fans eyes? Because he was given a new 5 year contract at the end of the year and has been really highly regarded at the club and every manager we have had over the past few years.

Yes. And the club brought in Davies too don't forget. I didn't think Rose did too badly last season. You could see his ability but lacked discipline. But 90% on here were scathing. Rose was the anti-Christ.

Back