• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

It was weirder years ago when they used to stand still for minutes. Can't remember why they stopped doing that, presumably a rule change.

Infact most of the track events are a bit random but great to watch.

120 lap ominium isn't quite as exciting

Infact most of the track events are a bit random but great to watch.

120 lap ominium isn't quite as exciting

When someone tries to lap the field for bonus points its pretty good, otherwise only worth watching every 10 laps.

attempting to watch it now, anyone summarise the points system? completely lost atm

There a sprint every 10 laps winner gets 5, 2nd gets 3, 3rd gets 2, 4th gets 1.
If someone laps the main field they get a bonus points. I think the bonus is 10.

There a sprint every 10 laps winner gets 5, 2nd gets 3, 3rd gets 2, 4th gets 1.
If someone laps the main field they get a bonus points. I think the bonus is 10.

Ok I understood it after much research from wikipedia. Just didnt get how Clancy went from 1 point in the standings to 11 in the standings i.e. placed fourth

Ok I understood it after much research from wikipedia. Just didnt get how Clancy went from 1 point in the standings to 11 in the standings i.e. placed fourth

He came 1st in the Flying Lap event this morning and got 1 point. Then he finished 11th in the Points Race and got 11 points. So he has 12 points after 2 events.
The guy currently leading got came 4th in the Flying points (4 pts) and 2nd in the Points Race (2 pts). So he is leading with 6 points and Clancy is only 6 points behind.

Just your £25k

http://www.factorbikes.com/astonmartin/ownership.html

Aston-Martin-Factor-limited-edition-one-77-factor-cycle-3.jpg

Anyone else find it weird that Laura Trott is one of the only riders in the Omnium that wears an aero helmet? Moat of the other riders wear standard road lids.

I've just seen there is a UK revolution track cycling series, I know its not new but I've enjoyed watching the olympic cycling. They are going to have one event in London a year from next year sometime with 1 in Glasgow and 2 in Manchester per year. I'll make sure I try and go to one of them.

OK chaps, in need of some input -

I've been inspired to get back on my bike after the Olympics and I have my heart set on a road bike.

I'm going to treat myself and maybe spend up to £1,250-ish... so help me spend my money! I don't know what bike to get..?

The 'default' choice seems to be the Boardman Team Carbon; seen good reviews (mostly).

Been offered a price of £1,200 for a 2012 Specialized Roubaix, down from £1,600 as they're getting the 2013 models in soon.

Both of these are carbon frames, but from the research I've done, the Boardman seems to have the better kit.

Also looked at some Giant and Bianchi models, but they seem to be aluminium frames at around that price.

So, any tips? What do you ride? What would you recommend for that kind of money? I've had a good look at Evans, Chain Reaction, Wiggle etc, but getting overwhelmed by the choice! Any other good stores out there?

I'm in Herts, so have checked out Cycledealia in Hitchin (mostly Giant), Kinetic in Welwyn (mostly Specialized) and obviously Halfords for the Boardman. Going to TriSports in Letchworth next weekend.

Thanks in advance for any words of advice!

Maybe you should wait until after the summer to invest in a bike, hotshot? Surely there might be some sales popping up in late september time?

How easy is it for a business to be put on the cycle to work scheme? Do they have to pay anything for the privilege? I ask this, because I might get a new bike next summer, and currently work for my father's company. If I could save a lot of money for minimal hassle, then it might be worth a go.

How easy is it for a business to be put on the cycle to work scheme? Do they have to pay anything for the privilege? I ask this, because I might get a new bike next summer, and currently work for my father's company. If I could save a lot of money for minimal hassle, then it might be worth a go.

Was going to ask exactly same question

Back