• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

It may have had an effect
We don’t know
Don’t think it’s why he passes so slowly and regularly he has done on corners
Interesting he thought better of his tweet too. Maybe he realised he may look like a taco after conceding another goal where he was a HUGE player in it

Edul also says he was feverish, which if true would explain the slow passing/delayed reactions.

As for why he deleted/un-retweeted it, that's possible. Or he just doesn't want to get in trouble with Postecoglou or the club, who knows.

I’m worried from the post above that we may soon have players complaining the showers aren’t hot enough, the grass isn’t green enough and the lights are too bright
Heaven forbid the players actually do the basics right

Welcome to the modern game mate. You can complain about it, or you can meet the players where they are, because they now expect these things as standard.

Mourinho complained about modern players and their demands and needs for constant support and validation. Got him nowhere. The game has changed from the days when you expected players to handle themselves.

Edul also says he was feverish, which if true would explain the slow passing/delayed reactions.

As for why he deleted/un-retweeted it, that's possible. Or he just doesn't want to get in trouble with Postecoglou or the club, who knows.
Feverish
That means he was unwell
And you can’t blame that on levy/enic/ange
But I don’t think he had anything wrong with him other than what’s between his ears that makes the decisions. Some good, some bad
I thought his defending outside of the corner was great. His passing was so slow

Welcome to the modern game mate. You can complain about it, or you can meet the players where they are, because they now expect these things as standard.

Mourinho complained about modern players and their demands and needs for constant support and validation. Got him nowhere. The game has changed from the days when you expected players to handle themselves.
Its weird that I only heard last week a guy talking about how good everything is at the club for the players
They even installed a BBQ for the Latin players in the training facilities
But again, I don’t expect players to handle anything. They are typically strange beasts. I would however expect a club leader to raise the issue before he puts it on twitter. That’s what grown ups do

Yes. Gaston Edul says we are the only Premier League team to not bring our players back ourselves, and this is in part why Romero is unhappy.

Tom Barclay above also confirms -

"...but some clubs do organise private travel at their own cost to get their players back quicker. Spurs generally don't do this and I understand they felt it was unnecessary to rush Romero back given he played Weds and Thurs was a day off for the squad (2/2)"

I thought PL clubs often pool resources and share planes to get people back on time. Plenty of other Argies in their squad, should have shelled out for a plane. Could be in the air 3/4 hours after the final whistle.

Yep. Check Page 104.

That's what Tom Barclay is talking about above - some clubs fly players back post-international breaks at their own expense, to get them fit, give them more rest, etc. We generally don't.

Romero is complaining that he had to organise a flight back home himself, and that this is part of a larger lack of attention to detail that is why we lose games like this.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

I thought PL clubs often pool resources and share planes to get people back on time. Plenty of other Argies in their squad, should have shelled out for a plane. Could be in the air 3/4 hours after the final whistle.
We have done that before
Nor sure how many traveled this time

I'm sick of Romero. Seriously.

He's not playing for us anymore. He's playing to get away from us. And doing a fine job of it. Just a few more brain farts away from deliberately driving down his price to 'can't say no' levels for Real or PSG to swoop in and lowball the schit out of us while he claims he needs to get away to be challenging for titles.

Time to bring in Dragusin - another potential trouble maker with that agent of his - and consign Romero to the bench. Of course, that will only make him play worse. But there's no point in coddling him anymore.

Fright quankly, we're fcuked at RCB until fresh talent can be signed.

Has he been feverish since the start of the season? He's been at fault for the majority of the goals we've conceded and that's purely down to him, not any crap about flights etc.

yeh I love Romero and his game when he's at his best, but I think he needs to be dropped and has to earn his spot back (via Europa / cup games?). He's been accountable for multiple goals this season. Dragon man has looked really good on his rare outings and deserves a go!
I would honestly bite the bullet with him, I'm not dismissing his quality but if we can get a top fee from Real for him we could get another CB in the VDV bracket and have enough left over for another purchase. For all his positives he is often costly, so lets not pretend he is a Bale/Kane type who is literally irreplaceable.....

I would honestly bite the bullet with him, I'm not dismissing his quality but if we can get a top fee from Real for him we could get another CB in the VDV bracket and have enough left over for another purchase. For all his positives he is often costly, so lets not pretend he is a Bale/Kane type
who is literally irreplaceable.....
He's went from a card magnet to a someone who can't concentrate.
As for the delayed passing and pointing I've been calling that out for a season, good to see others catching on.

Surely these players get paid enough to sort their own flights out, and nutrition fitness and health experts.
Spurs are right not to keep them in a permanent state of infantilism and other clubs are plain wrong in this regard.

Madrid are not gonna pay a big fee for him
They don’t pay big fees anymore now
They want him and he is a great fit but they will wait for his contract to favour them

I always thought the South American players were never in a rush to get back, and enjoyed the chance to have that extra time with families and friends before returning? I've never heard of players complaining they weren't getting back quickly enough (other than flights after CL games when there's a chance to get back to their own homes instead of sleeping in a hotel etc)

Blimey. Did you type all that in 10 mins or have it auto-saved ready to go?

He has a book full of them ready to type in here when we lose a game, the one thing you can be sure about is that Dubai will always be here when we lose and we all know it will generally be a dig at Levy or the way we are run.

If this is true, it's a joke and sends a message to the players.

Whoever determined that because 'Thursday is a day off' means it doesn't matter that he flies that day is an idiot. A travel day is still work, and is still taxing, even if at the front of a commercial plane. If the club wanted to, they'd have set up a private flight for a couple of hours after the game. He gets on a private flight at 11.30pm Bogota Wed, he arrives in London at 3.30pm Thursday. If he takes the one direct flight a day back from Bogota to LHR at 11.25pm on Thursday, he gets in 3.35pm Friday. He cannot get that commercial flight after the game because even with VIP statuses, 90 mins still isn't nearly enough time to get it done. Private he would literally drive up to the FBO, be checked as a passenger of two or three (given he would likely have an assistant/travel buddy) and be immediately wheels up. It is a difference of 24 hours, plus a far easier travel/flying experience.

Details...

Back