• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Blimey. Did you type all that in 10 mins or have it auto-saved ready to go?
He writes it in his notes ready to go
I have no issue with anyone posting including the knob depressed bloke or what his name is
But I have a talk problem with people waiting to jump on after it turns bad
At least some stick to it though but it’s odd behaviour
I’m not sure what they think they ever gain or achieve

He writes it in his notes ready to go
I have no issue with anyone posting including the knob depressed bloke or what his name is
But I have a talk problem with people waiting to jump on after it turns bad
At least some stick to it though but it’s odd behaviour
I’m not sure what they think they ever gain or achieve

Catharsis. ;)

Come on man
It can’t be good for you

Believe me, it is mate. I get it out of my system and then I'm unburdened and serene until the next weekend. ;)

Anyway, don't see what's got you hot and bothered - I'm just giving examples to show why Romero's insinuation of unprofessionalism at the club doesn't surprise me. Fits a pattern.

Believe me, it is mate. I get it out of my system and then I'm unburdened and serene until the next weekend. ;)

Anyway, don't see what's got you hot and bothered - I'm just giving examples to show why Romero's insinuation of unprofessionalism at the club doesn't surprise me. Fits a pattern.
I’ve never seen those accusations
Did you post them?

I’ve never seen those accusations
Did you post them?

Yep. Check Page 104.

That's what Tom Barclay is talking about above - some clubs fly players back post-international breaks at their own expense, to get them fit, give them more rest, etc. We generally don't.

Romero is complaining that he had to organise a flight back home himself, and that this is part of a larger lack of attention to detail that is why we lose games like this.

Typed it out mate
Just for the record, I disagree with your negative slandering of our club, but can't be arsed to type out 6 pages of discussion.
Spurs are not perfect, but you swoop down at any loss and massively magnify the negatives.

PS Glenda's Legs is a lady.

Yep. Check Page 104.

That's what Tom Barclay is talking about above - some clubs fly players back post-international breaks at their own expense, to get them fit, give them more rest, etc. We generally don't.

Romero is complaining that he had to organise a flight back home himself, and that this is part of a larger lack of attention to detail that is why we lose games like this.
I’d be more worried that his country doesn’t organise it considering it’s their job. We have done it before though. Was even talked about clubs sharing the fare

TBH … and it’s an I’ve reaction
I’d sell him and replace him
He ain’t offering what he could or should for the level he could be at

I’d be more worried that his country doesn’t organise it considering it’s their job. We have done it before though. Was even talked about clubs sharing the fare

TBH … and it’s an I’ve reaction
I’d sell him and replace him
He ain’t offering what he could or should for the level he could be at

The country doesn't have Spurs' interests in mind - nor should they. They only care that their player is fit for Argentina (in this case). How they get back afterwards is between them and their clubs.

If we wanted him to get an extra few hours/day of rest, training, etc. in, it was on us to get him on a private plane and get him home early. Other clubs do it - we generally don't (though, as you say, there has been the occasional exception).

Re: selling him, agreed. But more because he's simply in a system now that exposes more of his weaknesses and fewer of his strengths. In a team like Madrid, he'd look like the best in the world. Slugging it out with the lot we have, he looks more humdrum. Not a good fit for where we are right now.

Just for the record, I disagree with your negative slandering of our club, but can't be arsed to type out 6 pages of discussion.
Spurs are not perfect, but you swoop down at any loss and massively magnify the negatives.

PS Glenda's Legs is a lady.
Thanks. But I have no problem with “mate”.
I like being called a lady though! It probably doesn’t fit with some of the language coming out of my mouth today (and that was just at the half-and-half scarf sellers and wearers before the game) but it makes me feel good.

The country doesn't have Spurs' interests in mind - nor should they. They only care that their player is fit for Argentina (in this case). How they get back afterwards is between them and their clubs.

If we wanted him to get an extra few hours/day of rest, training, etc. in, it was on us to get him on a private plane and get him home early. Other clubs do it - we generally don't (though, as you say, there has been the occasional exception).

Re: selling him, agreed. But more because he's simply in a system now that exposes more of his weaknesses and fewer of his strengths. In a team like Madrid, he'd look like the best in the world. Slugging it out with the lot we have, he looks more humdrum. Not a good fit for where we are right now.
Did other clubs fly back their players?

Did other clubs fly back their players?

Yes. Gaston Edul says we are the only Premier League team to not bring our players back ourselves, and this is in part why Romero is unhappy.

Tom Barclay above also confirms -

"...but some clubs do organise private travel at their own cost to get their players back quicker. Spurs generally don't do this and I understand they felt it was unnecessary to rush Romero back given he played Weds and Thurs was a day off for the squad (2/2)"

Yes. Gaston Edul says we are the only Premier League team to not bring our players back ourselves, and this is in part why Romero is unhappy.

Tom Barclay above also confirms -

"...but some clubs do organise private travel at their own cost to get their players back quicker. Spurs generally don't do this and I understand they felt it was unnecessary to rush Romero back given he played Weds and Thurs was a day off for the squad (2/2)"
So the clubs logic is sound then
Why fly him back for a day off

So the clubs logic is sound then
Why fly him back for a day off

That's your opinion mate. Not fact, and clearly Romero disagrees. There must be a reason every other club flies their players back while we let them figure out their own way back - we're not being smart by being the only ones not to do something everyone else sees as standard. Edul suggests it contributed to Romero being more tired than he otherwise would have been.

That's your opinion mate. Not fact, and clearly Romero disagrees. There must be a reason every other club flies their players back while we let them figure out their own way back - we're not being smart by being the only ones not to do something everyone else sees as standard. Edul suggests it contributed to Romero being more tired than he otherwise would have been.
It may have had an effect
We don’t know
Don’t think it’s why he passes so slowly and regularly he has done on corners
Interesting he thought better of his tweet too. Maybe he realised he may look like a taco after conceding another goal where he was a HUGE player in it

Back