• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I personally think there still will be a large amount of people wearing masks
Be interesting to see what supermarkets and that will do, say if Tesco's says masks and Aldi says no masks a lot of people won't go to Sainsburys
Having thought about it for a few days If a shop is mega busy or I'm on the tube/train or I don't feel too great I would put one on as people have said it's not the worst thing in the world to have to do and it's thinking of others
Anything outside though I will not be wearing a mask anymore

This is it. Just opening up but keeping masks would have been the 100% correct thing to do... but this is Boris innit.

It would be the correct thing if we were trying to keep the number of new cases down. We're not. At least not during the summer. The government has said it expects cases to be 50,000 a day by july 19th and may rise to 100,000 a day. We want the wave in the summer not the winter. Restrictions such as masks will just delay the wave. Which is the opposite of what we want.

It would be the correct thing if we were trying to keep the number of new cases down. We're not. At least not during the summer. The government has said it expects cases to be 50,000 a day by july 19th and may rise to 100,000 a day. We want the wave in the summer not the winter. Restrictions such as masks will just delay the wave. Which is the opposite of what we want.
Sshhh. You're saying the quiet bit loud.

Certain people who were blaming BAME people for rising infections are quiet about this one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57754938

Although...in true BBC fashion, the "fact" they supposedly have is that men were 30% more likely to test positive. However, they have then completely invented that it could be "because of watching the Euros", and then made their fictional musing the headline :)

It would be just as factual to say women were 30% less likely to be positive due to spending most of the time in the kitchen, or something equally as sexist.

(That's not to complain at you, just I'm tired of the lack of media standards the past few years)

Seems a very risky strategy if you are dealing with a fast mutating virus, which covid looks like it is.

Although...in true BBC fashion, the "fact" they supposedly have is that men were 30% more likely to test positive. However, they have then completely invented that it could be "because of watching the Euros", and then made their fictional musing the headline :)

It would be just as factual to say women were 30% less likely to be positive due to spending most of the time in the kitchen, or something equally as sexist.

(That's not to complain at you, just I'm tired of the lack of media standards the past few years)

It has to be anecdotal so you are right. But my main point was that some racists claimed BAME people didn't follow the rules of socially distancing and certain people shared it on here and then hid when challenged on it.

The reality is that men watching the Euros are a pretty protected species regardless of what the right wing snowflakes claims. Whereas minorities will be blamed for all ills by the likes of the Sun and the Mail and live with the consequences for years to come. And it sucks. When certain people share lies it contributes to the hate. And it winds me the eff up.

Mask wars are starting.

I was in a shop yesterday and another customer was shouting at anyone in the shop not wearing a mask.

Then last night in a restaurant, the staff were asking people coming in to wear masks whilst walking to their table, entire parties were claiming asthma (maybe they all played for Liverpool too?), one family were honest enough just to say “we don’t wear masks”, stupid, but honest.

This government's decision making during this pandemic (bar the vaccines) have been nothing short of appalling, if they are saying that they want wave in the summer we should absolutely question it, and as i have said, it's a risky strategy with a fast mutating virus

It amazes me how many people give the government a free pass. I mean for the first month of it all fine. But they have been awful since then as well.

Some news from Australia, where Sydney will face harsher Covid restrictions after a surge in cases showed current measures had not worked to stop the spread of the virus.

Australia's largest city reported 44 new cases on Friday, and said a high number of people in the community had been exposed.

Residents are banned from travelling more than 10km (six miles) from their homes.

Outdoor exercise is limited to groups of two, and only one person from each household can go grocery shopping.

Funeral gatherings have also been limited to just 10 people.

The New South Wales state government on Friday acknowledged the rules were "shocking" but said the increased number of cases after the city was put in lockdown on 26 June had made it necessary.

Most Australians - around 90% of the population - remain unvaccinated

Seems a very risky strategy if you are dealing with a fast mutating virus, which covid looks like it is.

Yet it is a strategy most european countries are following. Nearly all are removing restrictions. We are about a month ahead of the rest of europe in our vaccination programme.

The delay of a month has allowed all over 40's to be offered both jabs.

We've seen cases in scotland and the north west start to fall. The rest of the country should soon follow.

Yet it is a strategy most european countries are following. Nearly all are removing restrictions. We are about a month ahead of the rest of europe in our vaccination programme.

The delay of a month has allowed all over 40's to be offered both jabs.

We've seen cases in scotland and the north west start to fall. The rest of the country should soon follow

Which is all good news, but there is a risk of a mutation taking hold that can evade vaccines. It may not happen and I absolutely agree we need to open up our economy now, but the wearing of masks and testing of arrivals from or returning from other countries should still continue. In the scheme of things these are minor inconveniences which guard somewhat (not completely) against a catastrophic mutation that will put us back into lock down.

Which is all good news, but there is a risk of a mutation taking hold that can evade vaccines. It may not happen and I absolutely agree we need to open up our economy now, but the wearing of masks and testing of arrivals from or returning from other countries should still continue. In the scheme of things these are minor inconveniences which guard somewhat (not completely) against a catastrophic mutation that will put us back into lock down.

There will always be a risk of a mutation taking hold that can evade vaccines. Masks didn't stop the other variants. With pubs, nightclubs stadiums open. I don't see how wearing masks on the tube will stop a new one.

There's a risk of a mutation that sprouts hands, picks up an AK-47 and shoots our kids in their faces.

Let's restrict our concerns to that which has a reasonably possibility of happening, shall we?

Back