• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Lots of bashing of the British Empire going on too.

People would do well to remember that without it, we would not have gained delicious hot tea.

Also, many countries would not have benefited from learning how to play Football and Cricket, or to count and measure using the imperial system.

I know your post was jokingly in tone. But I have said many times all empires are bad, which is why I dislike the EU. The is a growing trend of anti English sentiment which if it were aimed at others would be heavily criticised.

Or white people lecturing people of colour on what is or isn’t racist based on their experience and how they should behave when they are faced with it :D

Surely we should have a set of laws that everyone has to follow and anyone falling foul of it gets punished as with every other area of life. Pretty simple really.

Unfortunately race and environmentalism are the two burgeoning world religions.

Surely we should have a set of laws that everyone has to follow and anyone falling foul of it gets punished as with every other area of life. Pretty simple really.

Unfortunately race and environmentalism are the two burgeoning world religions.

Agreed. However when laws and regulations are enforced in a manner which disproportionately affects one (or sometimes more) group of people, the end result is almost always the use of force to promote change, as history has shown us. This isn't a 'white person' problem, its a systemic issue globally which is always being addressed. At this moment in time it is at the forefront of a lot of political and socio-economic discussion and most prominent in the westernised nations. I believe this is because we are the frontrunners when it comes to ensuring everyone has a 'fair shot'. A lot of progress has been made but still a helluva long way to go.

I know your post was jokingly in tone. But I have said many times all empires are bad, which is why I dislike the EU. The is a growing trend of anti English sentiment which if it were aimed at others would be heavily criticised.
I’ll be honest, I’ve no idea what anyone is arguing about anymore.
I just came here for some good and fashioned, relaxing, Coronavirus chat. But instead found it’s turned into a hybrid of Prisoner Cell Block H, and Mississippi Burning...

To get the thread back on track, I have very tenuous ITK that we may be going back to Lockdown 2.0 at midnight. A friends brother's friend was in a ministerial meeting or something.

To get the thread back on track, I have very tenuous ITK that we may be going back to Lockdown 2.0 at midnight. A friends brother's friend was in a ministerial meeting or something.

Think you are more than likely correct.

As soon as Hanrooster mentioned a mutation (has it mutated anywhere else?) it was happening.

Drakeford jumped on it straight away as to why the firebreak didnt work.

What are the indications of the mutation?

More contagious, more virulent, has it drifted genetically enough to cause second infections??

What's causing the extra worry? Compared to other strains being around?

More contagious, more virulent, has it drifted genetically enough to cause second infections??

We won't know until the data is released but this has been the prevent strain in some European countries and hasn't appeared to be more infectious or virulent there.

The mutation is the excuse to do what was obviously common sense all along.

Johnson, as ever, didn’t want to lead or take a potentially unpopular decision.

Everything I've read suggests it's just more contagious. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
We won't know until the data is released but this has been the prevent strain in some European countries and hasn't appeared to be more contagious there.
Was the various strains and its geographical movements laid out in that Reuters tweet someone posted earlier?

Anyway, is this just being used as a vehicle for 'disappointing' news as if this new strain isn't any more contagious then it matters little what strain it is?

Was the various strains and its geographical movements laid out in that Reuters tweet someone posted earlier?

Anyway, is this just being used as a vehicle for 'disappointing' news as if this new strain isn't any more contagious then it matters little what strain it is?

I posted a link to the prevalent strains in different countries after Hanrooster mentioned it in the Commons earlier in the week.

I would wait to see the data before drawing any conclusions about the reasons for stronger measures but it is clear that relaxing the measures earlier in the month has resulted in a dramatic increase in case numbers in the SE

With the Vaccine upon us I wanted to break my self imposed ban to just ask one hugely hypothetical question to gauge a mood on here.

If after the Vaccines have been administered to everyone and normality resumes but the vaccine isn't full proof BUT they could get deaths into a stable number between 10,000 and 50,000 annually like seasonal flu BUT it means life is back to pre Covid would people accept that or would you be wanting to see restrictions for as long as it takes to get annual loss of life as close to 0 as possible?

I'm not going to post again but its just a question that's been on my brain since all the talk of Vaccines so I'm interested in the wide spectrum of views

Back