• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

anyone here agree with robbie savage's point about not sending buffon off even if it was a penalty?

i thought he was talking utter nonesense

Spain = Deep lying playmakers.
England = Wingers/wide players
Brazil = Attacking midfielders
Italy = Centre backs
Germany = Used to be know for the amount of powerful players they produce but now i think they're main strength is the amount of creative ball playing midfielders they're managing to produce.
Holland = Strikers.

Far Eastern players are yet to make a true impact in the PL.....

Even if they don't fit your definition of 'making a true impact' both Kagawa and Park have shown a lot of quality in the PL.

I think Honda on the cheap could be a fantastic signing for whoever picks him up, and I think he would fit us perfectly.

I remember seeing Honda for Moscow a few years back thinking he was really good. He plays in a more advanced position though, no?

I remember seeing Honda for Moscow a few years back thinking he was really good. He plays in a more advanced position though, no?

From what I've seen he can play multiple positions, both as a deeper playmaker type and as a more advanced attacking midfielder. For Japan in this tournament he seems to be a part of a 3 man midfield, but as the most attacking of the 3.

I think he could play wide as well if asked to. Seems to work really hard, plenty of running combined with some real quality on the ball. But I've only seen him for Japan, not sure if he's as enthusiastic for his club side, or how he would do on a cold night in Stoke ;)

Reina, Azpilicueta, Albiol, Sergio Ramos, Monreal, Javi Martínez, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Villa and Torres.

Great to see Forlan score a goal on his 100th cap. Pirlo did the exact same!

Cavani really is dogbrick for Uruguay, wonder what it is? I remember how toss he was at the 2010 World Cup too before his move to Napoli and we were linked him with weeks after the competition and came close to signing him and he got ridiculed saying he wasn't good enough.

Great to see Forlan score a goal on his 100th cap. Pirlo did the exact same!

Cavani really is dogbrick for Uruguay, wonder what it is? I remember how toss he was at the 2010 World Cup too before his move to Napoli and we were linked him with weeks after the competition and came close to signing him and he got ridiculed saying he wasn't good enough.

I thought he looked alright yesterday, worked his socks off as always and unlucky not to score. Got himself into some great positions, a couple of close (although correct) offside decisions.

If my memory serves me he spent most of the 2010 World Cup playing on the right (and on the bench?) as Forlan and Suarez were the main men. Based only on the Confederations Cup and knowing that Uruguay are struggling in the WC qualifiers I think they have real problems putting together a functioning team with their three top front men all in it. I think Cavani's poor record for Uruguay is a result of him playing different positions and the team not really working as a unit.

Re Ginola, yep, Suarez looked very average in that game.

Braineclipse, not sure, Cavani worked hard but Spurs fans would be slaughtering him for those chances he missed, at least two were really inexcusable misses.

Re Ginola, yep, Suarez looked very average in that game.

Braineclipse, not sure, Cavani worked hard but Spurs fans would be slaughtering him for those chances he missed, at least two were really inexcusable misses.

When a player with his scoring record misses a couple (I don't think they were inexcusable myself) I think it's more down to coincidence than anything. He can obviously put the ball in the back of the net if given the right service, him getting into scoring positions for Uruguay is a very good sign for them I think and I think he did well to do so.

If they can keep that up he will start scoring regularly, that I'm quite confident of.

Brazil: Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Hernanes, Luiz Gustavo; Hulk, Oscar, Neymar; Fred

Or maybe not.

Back