• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He did play on the right for Roma (being a Roma fan, I watched pretty much all of their games last year), but he has switched towards that position late in some games. Totti said he was his natural replacement, I think Baldini said he was a number 10 too. I believe that was his position at River, could be wrong though.

His future is, I believe, right there BUT I am afraid for him to start his Spurs career in earnest there unless we can provide proper width to decongest the centre…I would rather introduce him gradually from a wide position and play Sigg in the hole...

Let him recover with the Danish team's medical department. Considering the cases of Rose's 'innocuous' toe injury, Capoue's 'two week' layoff and countless others, if he's placed back into our sick bay (cursed as it is), six weeks will turn into nine months.

On the one hand it will narrow down AVB's choices for #10 so someone might get a regular run out and time to build a relationship with Soldado (and the players around them). On the other hand it will probably mean AVB rotates Holtby, Siggy, Lamela, and someone I haven't thought of yet in that position.

Hopefully Eriksen will make a quick recovery. Ankle ligments can be difficult to treat though. So might be a while.

We looked excellent in a 4-3-3 in the second half against Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Eriksen coming a little deeper alongside Paulinho with Sandro holding. I was hoping we would see more of that. Hopefully Holtby will slot in alongside Paulinho in a similar formation and we'll see a similar 4-3-3 against Emirates Marketing Project. After that it shouldn't be too long before Eriksen is back and Holtby is a good player anyway so I think we'll be fine.

We looked excellent in a 4-3-3 in the second half against Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Eriksen coming a little deeper alongside Paulinho with Sandro holding. I was hoping we would see more of that. Hopefully Holtby will slot in alongside Paulinho in a similar formation and we'll see a similar 4-3-3 against Emirates Marketing Project. After that it shouldn't be too long before Eriksen is back and Holtby is a good player anyway so I think we'll be fine.

Lamela not mentioned once....are you AVB?

Lamela not mentioned once....are you AVB?

Not sure what your point is, but I'll reply.

I'm not sure if he's right for a central midfield role away against City at this point.

I would like to see him start games in the role he did so well in in the EL, wide right with the freedom to roam. Finding a bit more space perhaps and being a bit easier to pick out himself.

Not sure what your point is, but I'll reply.

I'm not sure if he's right for a central midfield role away against City at this point.

I would like to see him start games in the role he did so well in in the EL, wide right with the freedom to roam. Finding a bit more space perhaps and being a bit easier to pick out himself.

Lamela could play in the 433, he'd just play as a wide-forward, right?

--------lloris
walker--kaboul--vert---rose
---------sandro
-----holtby---paulinho
---lamela---soldado---sig

or something.

Please give it a rest KD

why are you telling HIM to give it a rest?

he's championing one side of the topic, just cause there are some that champion other sides that might be considered happy and good looking doesnt mean they should get the platform for longer

personally i dont think lamela has been mentally or physically ready for starts in the league......but KD does and AVB seems to be getting on his tits about it, Naturally you would want to vent no?

he's championing one side of the topic, just cause there are some that champion other sides that might be considered happy and good looking doesnt mean they should get the platform for longer

personally i dont think lamela has been mentally or physically ready for starts in the league......but KD does and AVB seems to be getting on his tits about it, Naturally you would want to vent no?

Perhaps he just thought that this wasn't the place to repeat said argument seeing as this is the Eriksen thread and that we have 4-5 relevant threads at least and seeing as my post was at most tangentially relevant to a Lamela discussion seeing as Lamela could easily play as a wide forward in the 4-3-3 I listed.

I agree with KD that Lamela should get more game time, but there's a time and a place. I for one appreciate that the mods try to keep the discussions somewhat where they belong and I can't see why you would assume that this is milo being biased towards "happy good looking sides of the argument".

Perhaps he just thought that this wasn't the place to repeat said argument seeing as this is the Eriksen thread and that we have 4-5 relevant threads at least and seeing as my post was at most tangentially relevant to a Lamela discussion seeing as Lamela could easily play as a wide forward in the 4-3-3 I listed.

I agree with KD that Lamela should get more game time, but there's a time and a place. I for one appreciate that the mods try to keep the discussions somewhat where they belong and I can't see why you would assume that this is milo being biased towards "happy good looking sides of the argument".
because guys throw avb and townsend and whoever agendas in every thread. hardly as if KD is the first. he's just vocal

Please can you PM me if you'd like to discuss how I moderate the forum.

On Eriksen him being out injured is a bugger because i really rate him. I would play siggy behind soldado now and have townsend left and lamela on the right with holtby and sandro in the middle.

And with regard to Lamela and the issue of his hitherto-lack-of-gametime, I'd say there are two alternative viewpoints:

a) AVB has just been delivered a superstar record signing but is clueless about how and when to use him;

b) AVB knows a bit more about him by now than anyone on here and he's still just being carefully matched.

I tend towards b at this point, personally. If there is a sudden spike in the number of minutes Lamela appears to get in the league, it probably ought to ring a few alarm bells for Holtby just now.

On Eriksen him being out injured is a bugger because i really rate him. I would play siggy behind soldado now and have townsend left and lamela on the right with holtby and sandro in the middle.

I'm a huge fan of Siggy but he's never done it for us in that position. He always has his better games roaming in from the left. Maybe he roams to much goes missing in the number 10 role. Holtby does the same thing as well.

I'm a huge fan of Siggy but he's never done it for us in that position. He always has his better games roaming in from the left. Maybe he roams to much goes missing in the number 10 role. Holtby does the same thing as well.

Nobody does well in the #10 role for us because we play inverted wingers and congest the middle, which is easy to defend against.

Even Steff admitted AVB congests the middle on this very page, so perhaps we should spread play out more and allow the #10 a yard to shine. They are all decent players.

Back