• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

didn't an Ajax fan sign up shortly after Eriksens arrival and downplay Fischers ability/potential when his name was mentioned?

I think it was more him saying that at that moment in time, Eriksen was a far better player, in response to someone claiming that Fischer was already better than Eriksen. He's 19 year old and a winger. You're not going to get consistency there.

I think it was more him saying that at that moment in time, Eriksen was a far better player, in response to someone claiming that Fischer was already better than Eriksen. He's 19 year old and a winger. You're not going to get consistency there.

That's what I remember too. He was talking about ability, not potential.

I've yet to see anyone here say that they regularly watch Ajax (or Denmark) and that they think Fischer is better than Eriksen at this point in time.

That's what I remember too. He was talking about ability, not potential.

I've yet to see anyone here say that they regularly watch Ajax (or Denmark) and that they think Fischer is better than Eriksen at this point in time.

I watch Ajax regularly (bet365). He's the bollox. Better than Eriksen? Certainly at 19.

I still think we should go for him though, he'll be cheaper now than he would at 21. Although I guess that depends on Ajax, if they let his contract run like they did with Eriksen we'd get him for peanuts. If anything, just loan him back out to Ajax or whatever for his development.

I watch Ajax regularly (bet365). He's the bollox. Better than Eriksen? Certainly at 19.

I still think we should go for him though, he'll be cheaper now than he would at 21. Although I guess that depends on Ajax, if they let his contract run like they did with Eriksen we'd get him for peanuts. If anything, just loan him back out to Ajax or whatever for his development.

Was Eriksen good enough to be a starter for us at 19? Was Eriksen better than Chadli is now at 19?

He will only be cheaper now if Ajax aren't aware of his potential, his contract is running short or if he himself wants to leave now and insists on a move.

If he's a reasonable dude like Eriksen looking to make smart decisions about his future there's no need for him to rush to a bigger league and thus no need for Ajax to sell him. They would be much better off keeping him around, benefiting from his ability and then cashing in for him later on.

Was Eriksen good enough to be a starter for us at 19? Was Eriksen better than Chadli is now at 19?

He will only be cheaper now if Ajax aren't aware of his potential, his contract is running short or if he himself wants to leave now and insists on a move.

If he's a reasonable dude like Eriksen looking to make smart decisions about his future there's no need for him to rush to a bigger league and thus no need for Ajax to sell him. They would be much better off keeping him around, benefiting from his ability and then cashing in for him later on.

No for the first question (then again, we had VDV and Modric) and yes for the second.

Great start for kid. =D>

ericnutsr8u8h.gif

ericnuts2slowee34ui6.gif

ericappg5um5.gif

What i enjoy about Eriksen is that he makes the other players look good. Siggy will no doubt be spurred on to player better thanks to the two goals and our general play will improve if the players believe that with the added quality we can beat any team. I know alot of people have been hoping for that missing link to tie up the pieces that was our squad and i truly believe Eriksen can become that piece that makes the whole picture complete.

What i enjoy about Eriksen is that he makes the other players look good. Siggy will no doubt be spurred on to player better thanks to the two goals and our general play will improve if the players believe that with the added quality we can beat any team. I know alot of people have been hoping for that missing link to tie up the pieces that was our squad and i truly believe Eriksen can become that piece that makes the whole picture complete.

Agree. Players are much more likely to make runs if they know there is someone who is capable of delivering them the ball. And not only capable, but willing. I'm sure Soldado is not expecting a delivery when Andros "go get my rebound" Townsend is in possession.

Yeah, reminded me very much of Modric. Does the simple things brilliantly, has a high, high awareness of everything around him and is completely calm and confident on the ball. He'll make us tick, has the confidence to do so. Sig and Holtby lack that assurity.

He replaces Modric AND Van Der Vaart at the same time. Which makes room in the midfield for the magnificent Paulinho. Exciting times.

[video=youtube;JNh2HEAGj_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JNh2HEAGj_g[/video]

I think Sig is more a finisher than a provider, and Eriksen will make him shine imo.

Hopefully Soldado will get more service too!

Really encouraging performance on his debut from Eriksen. He is only 21 and can only get better from now. But you have to wonder how long we can keep him if he goes on to do really well this season. Hope he won't see us as a stepping stone to move to a bigger club in 2 or 3 years time.

Made Garth Crook's team of the week, along with Rose and Sigurdsson: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24104026

A most impressive debut crowned by the most exquisite of passes for Gylfi Sigurdsson's opening goal against Norwich.

The former Ajax favourite appears comfortable on the left or right side and has enough Champions League experience to be a major asset for Tottenham's European campaign and all for a mere £12m at the tender age of 21.

Did you know? Eriksen has already assisted four goals in five league games in 2013-14 (for Ajax & Spurs).

Really encouraging performance on his debut from Eriksen. He is only 21 and can only get better from now. But you have to wonder how long we can keep him if he goes on to do really well this season. Hope he won't see us as a stepping stone to move to a bigger club in 2 or 3 years time.

Live for the moment and worry about that next year or in 2 years time.... we have only had him 5 minutes!!

"That pass" was so good... yet it was only 3 yards along the floor.

This is what some of our English kids need to learn...football is not all about power, pace, lashing it and chasing... it is also about what not to do, and about the simple things.

There were a couple of times where Eriksen could have taken on his man, but there was another behind him and another after that, so he stopped and waited for support and laid it off, rather than just ploughing into the melee and losing the ball

he does have a wicked whipped in corner too - that's going to be worth a few goals once the guys get used to its speed and trajectory. i'd imagine paulinho or capoue powering through to meet those with relish.

Back