• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

its funny how not one person here mentioned Benteke last summer when he moved from Genk

whats funny is the fact that if someone DID mention him last summer, they'd have been ridiculed and been asked how many times theyve actually seen him and stop playing football manager and the rest of the flimflam that comes from someone who doesn't watch anything outside the premier league.

:ross:

For real? Ha! Maybe he's Kinnears nephew or something.

He started Belgium's last game, the rest of his caps have mainly been as a sub. It wasn't in place of Fellaini either as he played(and scored). Chadli only started as Dembele and Hazard were both rested.

I think this is my first post in this thread, I just can't believe some people aren't convinced about this player?! He has absolutely everything in his locker, and for some to think we should turn our nose up at him or not pay what £20-£25m in todays market when he is a rare commodity?! Forget about the fact he can score goals, he is an absolute beast and even if he somehow lost his goalscoring touch he would provide a shedload of chances for Bale et al. Defenders dont like playing against him, get him in....

Are you really that surprised? xx% of the posters on this board have no idea what they're talking about because they're so quick to bash on players, even after we end up signing them (see Dempsey thread). Some people are just haters/whiners.

I'm not saying there should only be one opinion, but hey, FM taught me everything I need to know about the game so I'm obviously a pro and can comment on such things.

Chadli isn't keping Fellaini out of the national team or anyone else for that matter, so if that was his opening line I'd be inclined to disregard the rest.

I believe the journo actually said that he had more minutes in the qualifiers than Fellani. I think stinkyfeet just redtopped the comments.

i Mean how damning can you be...

Lukaku told Sport Wereld: 'There is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach.
'It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me.
'Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.
'In training, he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches, I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing!

Turfed out: Andre Villas-Boas became unpopular at Stamford Bridge with players and fans
'I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...las-Boas-Chelsea-treatment.html#ixzz2YgKt3D41

I believe the journo actually said that he had more minutes in the qualifiers than Fellani. I think stinkyfeet just redtopped the comments.

I might have been paraphrasing somewhat. 8-[

tbf I was only half listening as I was making a brew whilst whistling the theme tune to Dempsey and Makepeace.

I might have been paraphrasing somewhat. 8-[

tbf I was only half listening as I was making a brew whilst whistling the theme tune to Dempsey and Makepeace.

So now you're some kinda of ITK now saying Dempsey will make peace with Fulham or something.
;)

That guy on talkbrick sounded drunk to me and he is apparently an expert!!!!

Were coming to a point where the club has to weigh up options

1. Sign a proven but expensive player who may/may not settle in th league and will realistically command a decent salary to entice him to join e.g soldado
2. Sign a relatively unproven player who has shown signs of potential and brilliance combined with immaturity on and off the pitch, however no cheaper than above in FedEx but significantly cheaper in salary and better for long term cash benefit
3. Unearth an unknown cheaper option that may no keep the fans happy but could, could turn out to be a gem. The success. This way is rare as chickens teeth as 99% of the capable players are known to Everyman and his dog but if you can find that player your a bloody hero

We need a player who first and foremost wants to join us. Secondly we need to able to afford him. Then we can review the qualities and make the judgment call.

I personally think Benteke has all the potential to bo our Drogba but i do not believe we will pay £25M for him. If, and its a big if we do sign him it will be for an undisclosed fee and also with plenty of add ons and I think a loan or two. I'm 50/50 as to whether we're serious but I'm not thinking of an alternatives that spring to mind that we haven been linked with

Right know I'd take Osvaldo who I think could be perfect for us however I think with Baldinis knowledge of his situation we would have him on board if we wanted him and could afford him.

he is Belgium, they are all the rage atm...... what can possibly go wrong

he'll spurn a few chances, the crowd will groan and complain, he will feel the weight of expectation and in true spurs fashion he will become a brick player over night?

even though i really don't think he's that good anyway.

It's very interesting to read on here how many people think that we need a Drogba style forward to play a 4-3-3, when actually the reverse is true. That's if we truly are looking to play a 4-3-3 and not a 4-5-1. We need more of an Aguero, Eto'o up front than a Drogba if we play 4-3-3. We need a forward who has a lot of pace, can beat a man in a dribble to get through on goal, have accurate long shooting when not much else is on and one who is very good at running onto diagonal through balls from the two inside forwards.

Drogba was a great player, but I don't think he is the style of player that AVB is seeking as his forward. Unless we do intend to play more negatively sit deeper and have that significant gap between the midfield and the forward.

I said he reminded me of. Combination of Ferdinand in prime (Newcash/QPR) and Drogba. But everything you've detailed is in his locker IMO.

not straight line pacey but enough to get ahead of his marker by any means.
gary linker would be perfect for us now.

Back