• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I think Liverpool will win all five remaining PL games, which means we must win at least five games too to overtake them. One draw and five wins will do.

They might take their eyes off a PL game or two if they proceed in the CL, but I don't bet on that. On paper all our games bar City look very winable too though.

I can't see Manure dropping four points in the league - their only tricky game is against Arse, but they won't lose. Maybe away against West Ham could be hard if the spammers are in a relegation battle (not likely), but they would really have to slip up properly for us to finish second.

Anyways; as usual all we can do is to take one game at a time and see where it takes us...
If form plays out, Yanited might just drop 4 points, even if they are not playing top 6 opposition. They've been fluking it and it's gotta catch up with them at some point. Of course we were saying the same of Leicester a couple of seasons ago, so maybe they'll just see it out.

Realistically 2nd looks out of our reach now but 3rd is still in our hands. I actually think we need to beat Emirates Marketing Project next week as Liverpool play Bournemouth at home then WBA away which you would fully expect them to take 6 points from. They have the advantage of us not playing next weekend also. Would be nice if we can get 3rd and amass at least 80 points again.

Realistically 2nd looks out of our reach now but 3rd is still in our hands. I actually think we need to beat Emirates Marketing Project next week as Liverpool play Bournemouth at home then WBA away which you would fully expect them to take 6 points from. They have the advantage of us not playing next weekend also. Would be nice if we can get 3rd and amass at least 80 points again.

City drawing against West Ham reduced the pressure on us considerably.

I don't think Pool is going to run the board, the mid-week CL game is going to be a big hurdle for them, win/lose with Salad struggling re injury, I could see them getting a draw in one of those two.

I do agree, we should go for it, and 3rd is probably as high as we are likely to get

I will be disappointed if we don't finish in 2nd place this season. We are still only 4 points behind the 2nd place. We should still aim for the 2nd place even if there are only 6 matches left.

I will be disappointed if we don't finish in 2nd place this season. We are still only 4 points behind the 2nd place. We should still aim for the 2nd place even if there are only 6 matches left.

I'm certain we are aiming to finish as high as possible and that we have our sights on 2nd place. But we are reliant on Utd dropping points. We just need to be on their heels in case they do.
But if for whatever reason we *only* finish 3rd or even 4th, it will still be a great achievement, nothing to be disappointed about.

Well, we do now have a scenario, albeit quite a long shot, where we can be in the CL by Weds morning.

If Chelsea lose today and we win v City and Brighton, its a double whammy, 4th place guaranteed and London's Top club once again.
With our GD even a draw at St Marys later would be enough, although not mathematically confirmed

2nd place would be unbelievable playing at Wembley all season and I am sure it is still the clubs aim, heck, while its still mathematically possible, finishing top should be. But bearing in mind we are 'on tour' I dont think we should be disappointed with 3rd or even 4th.
I would only be disappointed now if we finish 5th

2nd place would be unbelievable playing at Wembley all season and I am sure it is still the clubs aim, heck, while its still mathematically possible, finishing top should be. But bearing in mind we are 'on tour' I dont think we should be disappointed with 3rd or even 4th.
I would only be disappointed now if we finish 5th

I agree. At the beginning of the season most of us would've bitten our arm off for a top four finish.

I agree. At the beginning of the season most of us would've bitten our arm off for a top four finish.

Too right.

1st 3 games matches at home, 2pts from Chelsea,Burnley and Swansea, I was fearing something like 7th-10th, but we adapted to our new surroundings admirably.

Hopefully we have a better start in our new home next season. Think we may need a little help from the fixture generator with the opening trio of matches on new turf

Too right.

1st 3 games matches at home, 2pts from Chelsea,Burnley and Swansea, I was fearing something like 7th-10th, but we adapted to our new surroundings admirably.

Hopefully we have a better start in our new home next season. Think we may need a little help from the fixture generator with the opening trio of matches on new turf

I was always confident that we would but form in the second half of the season and was happy as long as we were in the chase at Christmas. It's panned out like that too but a top four finish playing the whole season away from home is a huge achievement, if we can add a cup to that too, we should be very pleased.

We won't catch Utd now, but we can still finish 3rd. 3 consecutive top 3 finishes would be an excellent achievement. Win the FA Cup and it's a fantastic season.

We won't catch Utd now, but we can still finish 3rd. 3 consecutive top 3 finishes would be an excellent achievement. Win the FA Cup and it's a fantastic season.
4th and no FA Cup would be a fantastic season considering we haven't had a home and we only got 2 points from our first 9 !!

I was always confident that we would but form in the second half of the season and was happy as long as we were in the chase at Christmas. It's panned out like that too but a top four finish playing the whole season away from home is a huge achievement, if we can add a cup to that too, we should be very pleased.

Of course the whingers will find a way to tell us all it is not good enough...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back