• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

Well I still think he could do a job for us and I hope that he is still here next season and gets a proper chance. And I think Cochise ^ has made a good point.

Along with the dude behind him in that pic?

Edit: Ignore. I see that's a done deal already!

He will only ever "do a job for us" in the cups, therefore if we can break even on him then shift him on and find somebody who can push for first choice.

I think he will do well there, better than Capoue. Stambouli just needs more games consistently to get used to the PL pace

He was decent. I still remember him at home to Man Utd. Him and Mason absolutely bossed it, especially in the second half. I was hoping that he'd get a good pre-season under his belt (something he never got with us last year) and get some minutes playing in his favoured position (and not centre half like post season, although looked good).

But I guess it's not to be and Pochettino clearly has better players lined up.

Well I still think he could do a job for us and I hope that he is still here next season and gets a proper chance. And I think Cochise ^ has made a good point.

The problem is the phrase "do a job for us" screams "average" to me

I think with a year in England he could do well next season, you can't have 22 superstars and he's not a bad player by any means just not good enough to be first choice but is a decent enough fill in. Good signing for Watford.

I think he will do well there, better than Capoue. Stambouli just needs more games consistently to get used to the PL pace
With his lack of pace he'll really need to read the game better than most or get left for dust. His lack of playing time at Spurs won't help him in that regards so I would predict a slow start (no pun intended) for the first few months and improving more as the season goes on.

I'd like to see us keep him if our CM signing this summer isn't a proper DM.

I would have liked to have seen him play alongside Bentaleb more last season he would have made us look more secure through the middle, still lets hope Poch has someone in mind who can give us more stability in that area.

I liked him the more I saw of him and am happy to have him around. As Mumorn said, he was quality against United and did steadily improve as the season went on.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him in the pre-season pictures too, which players like Kaboul and Lennon have not been seen in.

I suspect our other business will determin if he stays or goes.
I think we'll have five CMs; Nabil, Mason, Alli, Dembele/Stambouli, AN Other.
So its Dembele or Stambouli to go if we get one in. That is likely to be Stambouli.
Maybe both - still seven weeks for Levy to work his magic.

As I have said before I was hoping to see him play a run of games because he would add to our CM, if we are unable to bring in a more defensive CM this window I hope we keep him.

local newspapers don't tend to get involved with hearsay rumors, so id wager there's a good source behind this

Back