• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

He is not Pele but he seemed adequate on the pitch so perhaps it is a lack of effort in training or some off-field issue we don't know about (attitude or personal).

He is not Pele but he seemed adequate on the pitch so perhaps it is a lack of effort in training or some off-field issue we don't know about (attitude or personal).
Mobility is my guess. On the ball he's not too bad actually but he is as slow....as ....molasses.

Benjamin Stambouli has refused to rule out leaving Tottenham this summer but says he won’t return to France.

According to French daily L’Equipe, Marseille made a formal offer for the 24-year-old on Tuesday but even if Spurs accept, Stambouli is not interested in returning to his homeland.

“I am aware of what’s being said, and I think no, I won’t be coming back to France,” he told French radio station RMC (via GFN).

“I am thinking about getting a bit more game time in England. I chose England for lots of reasons, and so I will stay. It is there that I want to succeed. Maybe one day I will return to France. But today, my head is here. I have a month of holidays to recharge. I will see what I do. But if there is something it will be in England. My priority is to succeed at a Premier League club.”

Stambouli has made just four league since arriving from Montpellier last summer and doesn’t appear to be in Mauricio Pochettino’s plans. Clearly he wants to stay this side of the channel but it remains to be seen if any other Premier League clubs are interested in Stambouli. There remains an outside chance he could be used as a makeweight in a bid for Morgan Schneiderlin, while Swansea were said to be keen last summer before he joined Spurs…

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015...ority-is-to-succeed-at-a-premier-league-club/

Hmmm...if true he's off to Watford, then he REALLY was Levy's LIDL substitute for Schneiderlin?

<<..Awaits DubaiSpurs postings..>>

tumblr_l4g3ijyuaT1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Just need official confirmation now.................................

.....................nah. :p As far as I'm concerned, we're all far, far more committed to seeing the club we love succeed than we are to being proven right or wrong on an internet forum. I don't think anyone believed Stambouli was ever going to be as good as Schneiderlin, or that he was anything other than a bargain bin signing, whatever his qualities (and he has some great ones: committed, apparently an extremely hard worker, seemingly a decent guy): the disagreement, as far as I can recall, centred around whether or not his signing constituted 'backing' for Poch. From that perspective, it doesn't matter if he goes or if he stays and becomes a smashing success: the intent behind his signing is what matters, and I doubt the arguments over that point will go away, whatever happens to Benji himself. And that's really quite alright in my book. :p

Back