• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

The reason I say he is a 5-6/10 player is he doesn’t do anything really badly but he doesn’t excel at anything either. He’s ok defensively and he’s average-below average going forward. Sometimes you need a reliable backup player and he has been that IMO, but he’s miles behind Rose and BAE at the minimum.
I cant think of a better crosser we've had at the club during his decade here.

Definitely much better than Tramezzani and Atouba, certainly also a lot better than Edman and Taricco. I would say better than Ziege at Spurs - he was already over the hill when he arrived at WHL. About as solid as BAE, and much longer of course. Lots of other names here: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2143657-ranking-tottenham-hotspurs-last-15-left-backs (a bit of a nonsense list with Bale at no. 7, but a list composed it seems at the moment Davies arrived at Spurs).

With 2 replacement hips, knackered knees and overweight I'm definitely better than Tramezzani and Atouba. The highlight of Atouba's Spurs career for me was when he scored against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Bobby Robson could be heard on TV shouting send him in side to his defence and he promptly scored with his swinger.

The reason I say he is a 5-6/10 player is he doesn’t do anything really badly but he doesn’t excel at anything either. He’s ok defensively and he’s average-below average going forward. Sometimes you need a reliable backup player and he has been that IMO, but he’s miles behind Rose and BAE at the minimum.
Goes without saying you are entitled to your opinion mate, but can't agree. Hes definitely better than ok at defending - despite his lack of pace there weren't many times the opposing winger gave him a real hiding, he was a good defender at the very least. And going forward he was effective, but his style was unspectacular so wouldn't get the plaudits of a more marauding, pacier full back....

Pretty sure Davies played more games than Rose when we got 86 points and came 2nd, which is the best Spurs team I've seen by a long way. Underrated and an incredible pro.
who's to say that maybe if we could have won something if we had upgraded on him. a team is as strong as its weakest link?

Pretty sure Davies played more games than Rose when we got 86 points and came 2nd, which is the best Spurs team I've seen by a long way. Underrated and an incredible pro.

Same no. of starts looking on wiki - 18 each

Galatasaray are reportedly plotting to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Ben Davies before the transfer window shuts.

The Turkish giants have until 13 September to make further signings, and the club are monitoring the Wales international as an option.

Read all about it - in Turkish - here:

That his thread was all the way on page 4, kinda says it all. If we can get a few bob for Davies, we should. And he’ll get some regular games. He would be missed.

I’ve been highly critical of Davies over most of his Spurs career. But he has matured well. He’s a better player now than he’s ever been imo. His defensive game is a little underrated and Davies isn’t dissimilar to Royal in real terms. But both are not suited to us anymore unless playing CB and even then their passing isn’t up to scratch really.

Hope Davies has a Turkish swan song, would be an exciting place to ply your trade with avid fans and a stunning country.

Galatasaray are reportedly plotting to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Ben Davies before the transfer window shuts.

The Turkish giants have until 13 September to make further signings, and the club are monitoring the Wales international as an option.

That his thread was all the way on page 4, kinda says it all. If we can get a few bob for Davies, we should. And he’ll get some regular games. He would be missed.

I’ve been highly critical of Davies over most of his Spurs career. But he has matured well. He’s a better player now than he’s ever been imo. His defensive game is a little underrated and Davies isn’t dissimilar to Royal in real terms. But both are not suited to us anymore unless playing CB and even then their passing isn’t up to scratch really.

Hope Davies has a Turkish swan song, would be an exciting place to ply your trade with avid fans and a stunning country.

We only have 3 other CBs and 1 other LB. No way he goes anywhere till Vuskovic arrives.

I think he'll sign for Swansea on a free in June.

Be a massive risk for us until January

To @Gutter Boy's point, super light, Ben is effectively backup on two positions plus both the CB/LB roles will need some rotation in cup games.

Unless we plan to pull an Academy player or play Gray

Be a massive risk for us until January

To @Gutter Boy's point, super light, Ben is effectively backup on two positions plus both the CB/LB roles will need some rotation in cup games.

Unless we plan to pull an Academy player or play Gray
Gray has to be our midweek RB now that we've not named Spence. And we've no youth team FBs anywhere close

Playing devils advocate Spence, Gray, Dragusin are probably all ahead of Davies. So we’d need 4 injuries to our back line before the Welshman gets a game.

I agree it would be better to keep him until Jan and we shouldn’t underestimate Davies experience in a relatively young squad.

Playing devils advocate Spence, Gray, Dragusin are probably all ahead of Davies. So we’d need 4 injuries to our back line before the Welshman gets a game.

I agree it would be better to keep him until Jan and we shouldn’t underestimate Davies experience in a relatively young squad.

We'll be having 2 games a week for most of the season. Our back 4 will need to be rotated, they can't play every game. Any injuries we'll struggle to do that without davies. Especially if bissouma is out for a while.

Edit - also spence is not in the europa squad.

Last edited:
Back