• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB Press Conference

Very impressed with what i've seen of him around the club. Theres a real buzz in the build up to the season. Title talk is not making us look like mugs, its changing the mentality of the club, hes a winner and will bring in winners, and make winners of us!

COYS!

Its often been said we lack mental strength and the belief, maybe AVB is the man to instill that at the club finally

wish he'd stop with the title talk. it makes us look like mugs when we trail off the top teams after xmas. a bit like the mind the gap t shirts this season.

also CLEAR YOUR fudgeIN THROAT ANDRE jesus it drives me mad when i hear him talk. makes me cringe.

Nothing wrong with stating that Spurs have a serious ambition to win the title. Why shouldn't we?

If we always aim for nothing more than 3rd or 4th, we will never have a chance of winning the title.

The thing that impresses me is that he isn't about to come in here rip everything up and start again. He praised redknapp and said it's important not to lose what he built but build on it. Makes me think we might not necessarily see this huge shift in tactics that many are talking about - evolution not revolution ? Also sticks two fingers to all those on here obsessed with comparing him to Redknapp in a childish ' if you love AVB you must have hated Redknapp and vice versa" kind of way

The thing that impresses me is that he isn't about to come in here rip everything up and start again. He praised redknapp and said it's important not to lose what he built but build on it. Makes me think we might not necessarily see this huge shift in tactics that many are talking about - evolution not revolution ? Also sticks two fingers to all those on here obsessed with comparing him to Redknapp in a childish ' if you love AVB you must have hated Redknapp and vice versa" kind of way

This is precisely what I have said all along. I do believe AVB is more organised and will instill a 'base' system from which to play, but that it will naturally align quite closely to what Harry left behind.

Rather than ripping up and starting again, it will be taking Harrys leaving point and building upon that...

Yeah he doesn't need to make wholesale changes, just a few tweaks here and there. He'll probably change the formation slightly but I reckon we'll go for it in home games against every team like we always do. I just hope we are a bit more positive in away games. I would prefer that we played like we did in home games in every game!

Judging from what he's saying about Modric, Levy must have agreed to let Modric go.

I like that he remained upbeat about it. No need for a mass panic. I'm sure we'll spend the money we get for him and get a replacement for him.

To be honest IMO one of Harrys greatest achievements was our Away record. It doesnt get picked up on much, but the change in us under him was triffic

this is true, and in general the team became much more solid and organised which helped in all games. We were rarely taken apart by opposing teams

If this guy had gone to Italy, Spain or Germany he would have been well out of our reach in a couple of seasons I reckon. Obviously extremely ambitious and driven, wants to win the top prizes, knows how to win at the top level. I'm feeling quite optimistic but he's got to get time and patience.

Nothing wrong with stating that Spurs have a serious ambition to win the title. Why shouldn't we?

If we always aim for nothing more than 3rd or 4th, we will never have a chance of winning the title.

because when our inevitable slide starts the earlier goading becomes embarrassing.

Something something....aim high...something something something.. even failure...something something...echo of glory...

If it were up to lennon,I'm guessing it would be failure failure aim high failure failure failure even failure failure failure echo of glfailureory.

I like our new aim. After aiming for only top 4 for the last 20 years or so, it is good to know we are aiming for league title now. It doesn't matter if we are capable of winning it or not. The important thing is we should try to win it. We should change our mentality from a top 4 team to a team who are challenging for the league title.

Now you can see why Levy removed Redknapp. Don't think Redknapp ever talked about going for league title. His aim was always finishing in 4th. Hopefully AVB will bring us to that next level. Even if we fail under AVB, we can always be proud of the fact we did try. Well done Levy !=D>

Back