• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

Yes...if we get there...

..or are you talking Europa League as well?????8-[

Well Champions League if we get there, but honestly I would not care if we get Europa League, it's Europe. Look at Atletico Madrid and Bilbao in the final, you see how much it meant to them? the fans? I wish the majority of our fans and some of our players cared that much.

Only problem with them two was, it definitely made them suffer league wise.

Jesus fudging christ, stop moaning, we got 4th, and another exciting game to look forward to. This is not the time to feel sorry for ourselves! Can't believe it ...

Well Champions League if we get there, but honestly I would not care if we get Europa League, it's Europe. Look at Atletico Madrid and Bilbao in the final, you see how much it meant to them? the fans? I wish the majority of our fans and some of our players cared that much.

Only problem with them two was, it definitely made them suffer league wise.

Agreed. Worry is that we effectively threw that competition and STILL ****-up 3rd place. I don't think we seem capable of competing in a European competition and keeping a to 4 place.

Last edited:
Jesus fudging christ, stop moaning, we got 4th, and another exciting game to look forward to. This is not the time to feel sorry for ourselves! Can't believe it ...

Getting 4th isn't an achievement. Qualifying for the Champions League is an achievement.

It would be HIGHLY embarrassing if this were to happen. We would become the most laughed at/hated club in Europe.

UEFA, will just give us the hardest possible draw for the qualifier anayway.We knew the rules!!

You mean we might become unseeded and play the seeded teams who will actually be weaker than the seeded ones? Fine by me.

Hansen summed it up nicely just now.

We would have taken 4th last August but when we went into the game vs City on Jan 22nd we were being touted as league contenders and 3rd looked like the worst case scenario.

Hansen's a winner, how many league titles did he win with liverpool? He can see our failings while so many in this thread cannot.

We would have taken 4th last August but when we went into the game vs City on Jan 22nd we were being touted as league contenders and 3rd looked like the worst case scenario.

Hansen's a winner, how many league titles did he win with liverpool? He can see our failings while so many in this thread cannot.

Plus the fact that on-one else in the top 6 had a run of 1 win in 9. Well at least not the other top 4 teams anyway

but HANSEN is the winner.

who is the true 'winner' in our squad that turns up on a regular basis? not that many

its like micheal jordan making a statement and me using that to beat my amateur team over the head with. if we had players like hansen in our team then we'd win the league.

we are who we are, i'm not sure why people can't accept whats happened. for all intents and purposes...us doing what we did in the first part of the season was the REAL abnomaly

Fourth is great yes, but we should've been more productive in the January transfer window, when we still had an outside chance of the title. Third place was in our grasp and we ballsed it up no two ways about it. Fourth seems a scant consolation.

This......... and the window before that....anyway..roll on next season..lets hope we dont sell anyone.

but HANSEN is the winner.

who is the true 'winner' in our squad that turns up on a regular basis? not that many

its like micheal jordan making a statement and me using that to beat my amateur team over the head with. if we had players like hansen in our team then we'd win the league.

we are who we are, i'm not sure why people can't accept whats happened. for all intents and purposes...us doing what we did in the first part of the season was the REAL abnomaly

Oh I've accepted what has happened months ago when it happened, Feb 26th at the emirates. I'm just amazed that so many here can go on about how we should all be happy with 4th when that gurantees us nothing at the moment and we had 3rd so firmly in our grasp.

It's like being told you've won a rolls only to get a Skoda!

My point regarding Hansen is that he thinks big whereas so many fans on here do not. Of course if we do get into CL we can look on the season differently, it's notin our hands though when it so unequivically was several months ago.

But had we had another manager for the 4 or 5 months before that, we might not have been 3rd to begin with.

Of course it's natural to be disappointed with the last few months, and fair to look at why things went wrong, but it's not fair to ignore the success we had before that nor to deny Harry any credit for it.

Your first point is true, Harry has done well, but not lately, when players go off form you can drop them.

Harry got and deserved plenty of credit when things went well.

IMO he has not managed well for the last 3 or 4 months. it is possible we have had and seen the best of his management.

I

Bloody hell, you lot sound as if we've just been fudging relegated or became Liverpool. I think 4th is a great achievement considering the size of the clubs we are up against and the money swishing around them.
It really tinkles me off that the new era fickle fans who demand success cannot see the bigger picture.

Back