• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

Was Stalteri in fact, dispossessed by Ade on the right touchline.

That was Gooners away and that was a blatant foul.

Home game was when King put us ahead with a bullet header before Robbo flapped at a cross which landed to Pires who tucked it away.

Does any of us know what Sherwood's role involves or have any way of judging whether he is any good at his job?

Arranging loaning players to Swindon and trying to keep his Arsenal tattoo covered up?

I'm surprised he's still here now that Baldini's come in over his head. As well as first team transfers, you'd think Baldini would be keen on taking a firmer grip of the youth, scouting and medical structures.

Arranging loaning players to Swindon and trying to keep his Arsenal tattoo covered up?

I'm surprised he's still here now that Baldini's come in over his head. As well as first team transfers, you'd think Baldini would be keen on taking a firmer grip of the youth, scouting and medical structures.

If that's what he does he should be at The Emirates.

Home game was when King put us ahead with a bullet header before Robbo flapped at a cross which landed to Pires who tucked it away.

Absolutely, though I never forgave Stalts for not getting up and taking him down!!!!!!

He'd make a good pundit too.

Tim Howard was also good as co-commentator on the United game on NBCSN.

I wonder if American sportsmen are better media trained, or just from a more articulate class than our ones.

I wonder if American sportsmen are better media trained, or just from a more articulate class than our ones.

I think we're just used to listening to the game being dumbed down. Once you hear someone who is more articulate it stands out from the usual bland crap. Eidur Gudjohnsen (spell?) was a another good speaker if I remember right. And for pure Spurs bias there is Erik Thorstvedt :)

It's this. Our golfers, tennis players, rugby players, etc are (on the whole) far more intelligent and articulate.

Who do we have on our televisions giving their opinions? People like Paul Merson and Ian Dowie. I can't stand watching any analysis of football anymore because of the phrase 'top, top player'. The only reason they repeat the word top is because they are too ignorant to know any synonyms. Sky Sports, and to a degree MOTD, have been dumbing down for the past few years, by having thick people on the show.

Seriously record MOTD tonight and watch back counting how many tired cliches are used. Really irritates me. Should have journalists on these shows, much like the Guardian podcast or Revista De La Liga, that way you will see real analysis, not some overweight, philandering alcoholic talking about how the game was different in his day

Dowie managed to get himself a degree in engineering so he's certainly not thick.

Dowie managed to get himself a degree in engineering so he's certainly not thick.

I read Engineering. There were a number of people on my course who ended up with degrees who whilst not being "thick" exactly, could hardly be mistaken for thinkers either.

Personally I get scared by some of the stuff Hoddle comes out with on Sky.

It's a talent in itself to be able to explain something in an easy to understand way without dumbing it down too much.

It was a masters and he worked at British Aerospace :eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...74118/Sports-stars-with-degrees.html?image=13

Footballer and manager Iain Dowie was rejected by Southampton Football Club as a 16-year old before going on to study at the University of Hertfordshire for a Masters in Engineering. After graduating he took up employment with British Aerospace while continuing with football at non-league level before being spotted by Luton Town Football Club and giving up the day job.

Did not know that, fair play to the guy.

Yeah, like "Dawson for England" just before the City game. Ouch.

Yeah and they also showed what his Spurs team would be if he were in charge and it was a 352 with Townsend behind Defoe and Soldado or something.

Sunderland away though when we let in a last minute equaliser and they got one of the lowest points tallies ever that season.

Back