• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

FA Cup a few years ago. I think Berba scored twice and Pav opened the scoring. We were knocking on the door the final 5 or so minutes to equalise.

are you ok? mentally i mean, are you ok? Do you not see how utterly ridiculous you sound?

You're bringing up a game that we won and you're deciding to ignore the end result but continuously bring up the fact that we were losing at one point.

Ok ummmm i'm disgusted with being 4-2 down against Gooners with the time approaching 90 minutes during the 08/09 season. i'll now totally ignore the fact that it finished 4-4 and focus solely at my disgust for being 4-2 down:ross:.

I'll make it even simpler especially for you:

1) IT WAS EMBARRASSING THAT WE LET A 3 (THREE) GOAL LEAD SLIP IN THE SECOND LEG AGAINST OPPONENTS WHO WERE ONE TIER BELOW US.

2) AFTER 90 MINUTES WE LOST THE GAME 3-0 AND WENT INTO EXTRA TIME DUE TO THE TIE (NOTE IT WAS A TWO-LEGGED SEMI-FINAL) BEING 4-4 AFTER OUR 4-1 WIN AT HOME IN THE FIRST LEG.

3) THE FACT THAT YOU COMPARE THIS TO OUR 4-4 AGAINST ARSENAL WHO WERE/ARE TOP FOUR CHALLENGERS MAKES YOU TGHE RIDICULOUS ONE :ross::ross::ross:

I'll make it even simpler especially for you:

1) IT WAS EMBARRASSING THAT WE LET A 3 (THREE) GOAL LEAD SLIP IN THE SECOND LEG AGAINST OPPONENTS WHO WERE ONE TIER BELOW US.

2) AFTER 90 MINUTES WE LOST THE GAME 3-0 AND WENT INTO EXTRA TIME DUE TO THE TIE (NOTE IT WAS A TWO-LEGGED SEMI-FINAL) BEING 4-4 AFTER OUR 4-1 WIN AT HOME IN THE FIRST LEG.

3) THE FACT THAT YOU COMPARE THIS TO OUR 4-4 AGAINST ARSENAL WHO WERE/ARE TOP FOUR CHALLENGERS MAKES YOU TGHE RIDICULOUS ONE :ross::ross::ross:

wow you really are slow.

1) Who cares if we let the lead slip at some point in the game when the end results is that we won the tie and went through. At the time we could care but what fool 3/4 years after the event talks about how embarrasing it was to let a 3 goal lead slip when we won the bloody game. I've never known anyone to reminece about part of a game and use that as evidence in his argument whilst totally ignoring the rest of the game.

2) So the tie wasn't finished..and when it was..we won. Thanks for clearing that up.

3) Why are you a slow human being? i'm not comparing the teams i'm comparing the scenario. If you don't get it then i worry for you.

wow you really are slow.

1) Who cares if we let the lead slip at some point in the game when the end results is that we won the tie and went through. At the time we could care but what fool 3/4 years after the event talks about how embarrasing it was to let a 3 goal lead slip when we won the bloody game. I've never known anyone to reminece about part of a game and use that as evidence in his argument whilst totally ignoring the rest of the game.

2) So the tie wasn't finished..and when it was..we won. Thanks for clearing that up.

3) Why are you a slow human being? i'm not comparing the teams i'm comparing the scenario. If you don't get it then i worry for you.

I've said what I need to say on the Burnley game. You talk as if you dont ever review previous games we have played (i'm sure many of here would vouch for you on that - NOT), but i'm not going to waste any more time on this as clearly you are entertaining yourself with your very eloquent writing.
Carry on :-"

We only got AVB on a 3 year deal didn't we? I fear that's all we'll have him for(at most).

Starting to fear this too in a way, like he looks upon us as a good little project to restore his reputation before moving onto a super club again. I'd like to think that he would see making us title challengers as a challenge enough, and there aren't too many jobs that are going to become available that would immediately snap him up and that would be massive steps up from us, but it is a worry.

However, he does seem really into the games, the celebrations when we score etc certainly point to a man committed to seeing something through here.

I think we need to complete at least one season with AVB at the helm having had a top 4 finish and possibly a trophy before we start worrying about the length of AVB's contract..

I know it is impossible to play the way we did in the second half for the WHOLE game but it was still a game of two performances. First half we werent that good. We seemed to just labor about. The second half was SO much better and had we had a striker a proper top class striker we would have won that by three or four

I think we need to complete at least one season with AVB at the helm having had a top 4 finish and possibly a trophy before we start worrying about the length of AVB's contract..

This, and he's young, he can afford to give Spurs 5+ years before moving on to the next big risk option.

Think he's also learned it's not always better on the other side, so not so concerned

My expectation would be if he finished 4th this season, Levy would probably extend his contract over summer.

This, and he's young, he can afford to give Spurs 5+ years before moving on to the next big risk option.

Think he's also learned it's not always better on the other side, so not so concerned

My expectation would be if he finished 4th this season, Levy would probably extend his contract over summer.

My line of thinking runs more along the lines of:

'if he does achieve top four, then spurs are going to be the type of club he wants to be at. A champions league club.'

The better he does here, the better we are going to appeal to him.

We only got AVB on a 3 year deal didn't we? I fear that's all we'll have him for(at most).

I believe Chelsea appointed him on a 3 year deal as well. His comments about wanting a short managerial career, and early retirement, would appear to point to the fact that three years is probably at the upper limit of what we can reasonably expect from him. I'm sure it's a 3+1/3+2 type deal (extended after finishing 4th this season, or at Levy's discretion), but that's probably for compensation if someone else comes in for him.

So yes, 3 years, maybe 4 tops. I'm not overly concerned about it, though. Four years is plenty of time to drill his philosophy into the club, get us into the Champions League at least once and win a trophy or two. Which is what he's probably aiming to do as well, and which would set us up nicely for whoever takes over after him.

There is still a tiny hope in my heart that if he succeeds at the Lane,he'll love it here and spend the next decade perched, Moyes-like, on our bench. But it's just that, a hope.

but but but, we played badly for the first few games of the season, AVB must be brick?

sorry, cheap shot I know!

And according to that font of all knowledge ( jjetset) he is a fraud. Seriously though i have just got back from the game and its a long time since i have seen us dominate a Utd so much. I know we only got the draw but we were far more better then that, Utd were lucky that they got a point.

Michael Dawson says Andre Villas-Boas won his respect by making him Tottenham’s fifth-choice centre-back at the start of the season.

The news was a crushing blow, but the club captain was grateful for the honesty of his new boss Villas-Boas (right).

And Dawson is delighted he turned down a move to QPR, having won his place back in the Tottenham team ahead
of today’s clash against *Manchester United.

“The boss has got five top centre-halves at the club and he can only play two,” said Dawson. “He was honest and said he couldn’t guarantee me games.

“I respected him for that.

“At the start of the season when I wasn’t involved at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he spoke to me.

“Since then I have *respected his *decision, there’s no point moaning about it. The boss never once left me out of the group, he’s been great. Everyone’s got opinions and, hopefully, I’ve changed his opinion now.”

There is still a tiny hope in my heart that if he succeeds at the Lane,he'll love it here and spend the next decade perched, Moyes-like, on our bench. But it's just that, a hope.

I'm optimistic - maybe when he signed he thought we might be a stepping stone for him, but just look at our situation. We have an excellent squad that with a couple of additions is a title challenging side, a new state-of-the-art training facility, and a shiny new stadium on the horizon. If he can keep up how well he's done so far (both on and off the pitch) AVB will have the opportunity to become a huge part of the history - and the future - of the club. I would hope that would encourage most managers to stick around and see it through.

Ive been proud of the players under AVB for the best part of the season and have noticed these past couple of months now that AVB has got his ideas instilled, that we have been dominating our opponents for large spells during games.

Unlike a few others on here, I've not had the patience to defend the AVB project as for me it's been crystal clear, that we're playing a far more intelligent game under, AVB, than what we have done under any of our previous managers in the past 20 years.

Our possession is improving when teams sit back and like all Spurs fans I just wish we had more of a lethal goal threat. Also our defending to the counter attack, something I felt under, Harry we never really got to grips with is looking very good now. All to often, I felt the excitement many talk about in previous seasons, was due to many of our games being ding dong affairs and not wholly due to our own play. This is different , we are limiting our opponents to few attempts like I've not seen before. We have Lloris to thank for this due to his dominance of his penalty area and obviously the defensive coaching methods of the AVB management team . To change the back line on so many occasions and yet still put in these defensive performances is a credit to their training methods. We were conceding late goals earlier on in the season but hopefully that's all behind us now. Meanwhile our own counter attacking threat is one of the best in the premeirship so this all means we have become a very difficult opponent play against.

All that's needed is what a few on here have already said and that is for, Joe Lewis to prove just how much of a Spurs fan he really is and make a small gift to the club out of his 3.5 billion pound fortune. With the building of the new stadium to begin next summer, it's time to back the club by signing a couple of decent forwards whilst we have this astute management team in place. So I say to Mr Lewis & Enic, seize the moment and AVB along with his staff will repay your faith in them , of that I'm in no doubt.

COYS!

Last edited:
:lol: We've not been really brick for a few games (well apart from QPR) and suddenly we're a stepping stone. AVB is lucky to be at us, he knows that. If he does really well he'll get the typical Levy 3-4 year period before he gets bored and wants someone else to try and perform a miracle.

But another good display today. I'm glad the people who last season failed to understand that dropped points doesnt automatically mean its the managers fault now understand it (nothing to do with whos in charge or anything is it 8-[ ). But keeping in line with my unbiased view (one that doesnt mean i dont pick n choose where to be fair) we dropped points today but you dont blame the manager, if the teams plays well but we dont take our chances there is not a lot to criticise the manager about - I didnt do it last season when we went through at short spell of playing well but missing loads so I certainly wont with AVB (who personality wise is probably my favourite PL manager).

I hope certain people now understand my previous posts where I was adamant this team can play much better and we dont need Modric/Moutinho/Messi to do so.

I also dont think "when was the last time man utd were hanging on" type comments are overly relevant. For a start we have deserved a lot more against man utd going back to the Jol days, but if we dont win a game for the rest of the season then what good would it be making man utd hang on ? Its only relevant if we consistently over perform.

but but but, we played badly for the first few games of the season, AVB must be brick?

sorry, cheap shot I know!

It was a bit more than the first few games!!!

We were brick for a few months, now much improved since December. AVB seems the sort of be honest with himself, I'm sure he'll admit he didnt get it right straight away and has had to change a few things around to get us going.

Back