• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ACN - Ade goes but Benny stays

I think we will go back and close the Damiao deal...that's my hunch...

That would be the ideal solution. Someone able to play the lone role, but a bit more direct/a better finisher than Ade.

We are still short up-front, irrespective of the ANC. We need another striker.

Given that Falcao, Llorente and Damiao are out of our reach for a variety of reasons, I would prefer a young stiker that can play on the wings as well. Someone fast, strong and hungry - and can score goals. Is that Willian. I am not sure as I havent seen enough of him. Who else fits the bill?

Definitely not. Willian is a tricky little left winger who averages about 4 goals a season.

Isn't it about time all the clubs and UEFA got together and ask CAF to stop hosting this bloody tournament in the middle of the season? And every two years?

Isn't it about time all the clubs and UEFA got together and ask CAF to stop hosting this bloody tournament in the middle of the season? And every two years?

Not really.

I assume it's convenient for the african teams to hold it now, which makes perfect sense to me.

Why, because it's inconvenient to a few clubs?

While you're at it - let's scrap Copa America and the Asian Cup - bloody wasters who have fudge all to do with the mighty UEFA.

With the way their chairman carries on? Not likely...

I agree it would have to be something which we are making happen now, but I heard the eventual diff was only about 7 mill, not sure of that's actually true, but if so, I suspect we will make it happen. Of course, we would then have three top strikers and all capable of doing something different...

i wouldnt be surprised if Levy says that in Dempsey and Defoe we have enough to cope without Ade for 5 games

Because its a second rate tournament

Every two years to watch a bunch of brick countries play league one quality football is excessive

If they were any good they would play in the WORLD cup

5-6 of them do at every WC - that's the quota allocated by FIFA, nothing they can do about it

The tournament means a lot to the local people and contributes significantly to the local struggling econonmies with its sponsorship and temporary job creation - main one being Orange at the moment. It is well followed throughout the contient and has long history and rivarly - if you are not finding it interesting - doesn't mean everyone shares this notion

What an ignorant coment - wow.

Why, because it's inconvenient to a few clubs?

While you're at it - let's scrap Copa America and the Asian Cup - bloody wasters who have fudge all to do with the mighty UEFA.

There's noting wrong with having Continental Championships but there really should be a system in place to ensure that the fixtures don't clash with the European club season.

The African Cup of Nations is really the only one of the six Continental Championships which has an adverse effect on the European club season.

It hasn't helped matters that they decided to switch from odd year tournaments to even year ones, meaning we've had two in consecutive seasons.

Having the top African footballers play with European clubs can only help develop the overall standard of African football, but managers will think twice about signing players if they are going to be absent at a critical time during the season.

Perhaps reduce the quota to 2 and run one every 6 months then

Fix the real problem...don't make excuses

The real problem is that European clubs decide that they want to acquire players from all over the world despite their origins or what complications go with them. Tottenham knew before we bought Ade (even before we loaned him) that he was a Togo international and that the ACN is held every 2 years in January. If they don't like that, don't buy players from that region.

Fixes the problem and no excuses are necessary.

5-6 of them do at every WC - that's the quota allocated by FIFA, nothing they can do about it

The tournament means a lot to the local people and contributes significantly to the local struggling econonmies with its sponsorship and temporary job creation - main one being Orange at the moment. It is well followed throughout the contient and has long history and rivarly - if you are not finding it interesting - doesn't mean everyone shares this notion

What an ignorant coment - wow.

to be fair, if the African nations performed better at the world cups they probably would get bigger allocations. If for example 4 of those 6 got to the knock out stages I reckon FIFA would increase their allocation.

why is the ACN every 2 years. Ok every 4 years is too big a gap but why not have it every 3 years as a compromise

Seems to be a bit of elitism in here..

I fail to see why the world's football should all decide their schedule around Europe's.

It's not as if it's a new thing. Clubs knew what they were getting when they bought the players.

I fail to see why the world's football should all decide their schedule around Europe's.

It's not as if it's a new thing. Clubs knew what they were getting when they bought the players.

Exactly, some peoples views on this are rather insulting

i don't think it should be based around europe, there should be an international calendar based around the world cup

Back