• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

4-4-2

How do we know it's him that has done that and not the guy asking the question?

Er .... It's a direct quote! I know you can't trust what the press say, but you are really clutching at straws here.

PS I think Martha is a girl!!

The fact that he brackets him with Ade and Soldado is the telling point.

He's talking about calls for Kane to start in place of one of those two - who else would he group him with?

We have been talking about how Kane has been played in the cup competitions and the differences between 4231/4411 - not sure what the relevence of those quotes are in relation to that if im honest.

Cheers - Are there any quotes where he talks about how he has played Kane in the cups so far rather than how the supporters are calling for him to start in front of Adebayor or Soldado?

I don't hear many supporters calling for him to start INSTEAD of Ade or Solly. I think most would like him to start WITH either Ade or (preferably for me) Solly.

Poch says " Roberto and Ade have a lot of experience. The energy Harry brings is important - it is good for him to learn from Soldado and Adebayor "

No mention of him "learning" from Paulinho (!) or any other of our AMs!

Poch clearly sees him as a striker. Why would he then use him as an AM?

And maybe he was asked if Kane would be our starting striker?

What is the fascination with labeling players? Why is it so important to classify Kane as a striker? Kane hasn't been playing as a part of a strike duo, he has had a more withdrawn role and sometimes played wide. Maybe he's actually a really good AM, a more physical Sigurdsson.

He's talking about calls for Kane to start in place of one of those two - who else would he group him with?

We have been talking about how Kane has been played in the cup competitions and the differences between 4231/4411 - not sure what the relevence of those quotes are in relation to that if im honest.

The title of this thread is 442. I want Kane to line up WITH either Ade or Solly. In a two up front for the reasons I have continually explained and set out in this thread. Particularly at home against dross. This will increase our vertical penetration.

I know you want to retain a 3 behind a lone striker. I think this is hampering our goal threat at home. Liverpool, West Brom Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine has yielded a magnificent total of a two goals in four home games. Simply not good enough.

We need the vertical penetration of a second striker in my opinion.

What is the fascination with labeling players? Why is it so important to classify Kane as a striker? Kane hasn't been playing as a part of a strike duo, he has had a more withdrawn role and sometimes played wide. Maybe he's actually a really good AM, a more physical Sigurdsson.

He's a striker to me (who can do a good job in the AM role).

Then Poch would have said something along the lines that " we don't see Kane as leading the line and so he is a completely different player from Ade or Soldado. We see him more as an attacking AM" . But he didn't, did he? He plainly sees him as a striker. That is why I want him to start to support ourleading striker. This does not preclude him dropping deeper or going wider. Why would you think it would?

2 up top for weaker teams

1 up top against the "original top 4" + City. Obviously some flexibility in there about when to deploy this, but I don't want to see 1 Striker as the default for 99% of the games.

Then Poch would have said something along the lines that " we don't see Kane as leading the line and so he is a completely different player from Ade or Soldado. We see him more as an attacking AM" . But he didn't, did he? He plainly sees him as a striker. That is why I want him to start to support ourleading striker. This does not preclude him dropping deeper or going wider. Why would you think it would?

We don't know what the question was, but my guess would be something about Kane starting ahead of Soldado and Ade. In return Poch mumbles a few phrases that don't really say anything significant.

If Kane is a striker, are we ipso facto playing 4-4-2? Is that it?

The title of this thread is 442. I want Kane to line up WITH either Ade or Solly. In a two up front for the reasons I have continually explained and set out in this thread. Particularly at home against dross. This will increase our vertical penetration.

I know you want to retain a 3 behind a lone striker. I think this is hampering our goal threat at home. Liverpool, West Brom Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine has yielded a magnificent total of a two goals in four home games. Simply not good enough.

We need the vertical penetration of a second striker in my opinion.

P55, can you find some evidence that playing two up top creates more chances than a loan striker with three behind?

Can we stop saying vertical penetration please.

up.jpg

P55, can you find some evidence that playing two up top creates more chances than a loan striker with three behind?

Can you provide evidence that three behind a lone striker is better. The winners of the PL in each of the last three seasons have played two up top and scored hatfuls of goals. Liverpool with Suarez and Sturridge weren't too shabby either. Can't be all bad , can it?

We don't know what the question was, but my guess would be something about Kane starting ahead of Soldado and Ade. In return Poch mumbles a few phrases that don't really say anything significant.

If Kane is a striker, are we ipso facto playing 4-4-2? Is that it?

If Kane partners either Ade or Soldado and works in tandem wth them to form a striking partnership, then IMO we have a two up front. It doesn't matter, if Kane drops deep or goes wide, as long as his focus is on his strike partner and they work together to provide more "VP".

If Kane partners either Ade or Soldado and works in tandem wth them to form a striking partnership, then IMO we have a two up front. It doesn't matter, if Kane drops deep or goes wide, as long as his focus is on his strike partner and they work together to provide more "VP".

That is currently the role given to the 3 behind the striker - to link with and create for each other and the forward (see how Kane and Lennon swapped positions v Brighton and both got in to goal scoring positions/created for the forward similar to how Eriksen Lamela and Chadli have done). Kane is on top form in the cups against weaker opposition and as a result is scoring a lot of goals, but his role throughout the 90 minutes is no different to what we see in the league where you don't think we're playing two up top. I can't help but think it boils down to Kane being known as a forward rather than what he actually does over a full game for the team

The problem with the three AMs is that the sole striker often gets too isolated. We saw this under AVB and now under Poch. This results in them becoming less than effective and we score less as a result. With Kane as a striker used in support of our single striker I am sure we wil see more attacking combinations and less meaningless swapping positions across the AM's.

At the risk of incurring Rosarch's ire, this is what I mean by Vertical Penetration instead of Horizontal switching, which is so easy to mark against by a side parking the bus. Two goals in the last four home games should tell you all you need to know about the "virtues" of playing only one up top.

A real striking partnership is what we need to find.

That is currently the role given to the 3 behind the striker - to link with and create for each other and the forward (see how Kane and Lennon swapped positions v Brighton and both got in to goal scoring positions/created for the forward similar to how Eriksen Lamela and Chadli have done). Kane is on top form in the cups against weaker opposition and as a result is scoring a lot of goals, but his role throughout the 90 minutes is no different to what we see in the league where you don't think we're playing two up top. I can't help but think it boils down to Kane being known as a forward rather than what he actually does over a full game for the team

Exactly we'd played the same 4231 all season and pre season.
It was 4231 when Holtby played in the middle of the 3 in pre season and people said it was a 433 because Holtby it a midfielder.
It is 4231 when Kane plays in the middle of the 3 and people say its was a 442 because Kane it a striker.

The problem with the three AMs is that the sole striker often gets too isolated. We saw this under AVB and now under Poch. This results in them becoming less than effective and we score less as a result. With Kane as a striker used in support of our single striker I am sure we wil see more attacking combinations and less meaningless swapping positions across the AM's.

At the risk of incurring Rosarch's ire, this is what I mean by Vertical Penetration instead of Horizontal switching, which is so easy to mark against by a side parking the bus. Two goals in the last four home games should tell you all you need to know about the "virtues" of playing only one up top.

A real striking partnership is what we need to find.

The problem this season hasn't been the forward being isolated at all, although that is a very valid critique of AVBs side. IMV Adebayor has been drifting wide too often meaning it's easier for the opposition to mark out whichever of the three behind attacks the box - we need the CF to remain central more often and be more of a threat in the box. (Which is what we have seen from Soldado in the cups)

Back