• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yang Min-Hyeok

Welcome. Please be really good at football.

Seems like another proper talented. In an area where we already have Moore, but not the kind of abundance of very talented young players like we seemingly have in midfield at the moment. Seems like a good, smart signing and at a very reasonable cost as well.

Both can play either wing. It's not anges way but would love to see us play like we did under redknapp. With bale and lennon swapping wings during a game and totally confusing the opposition.

Quote from Gangwon director

“It is true that another Big 6 PL team that recently won the UCL had also enquired about Yang. That team had nice plans about Yang’s development and had approached us earlier than Spurs. But what I didn’t realize at the time was that Yang had his heart set on Tottenham. I even asked him if he wanted to go to that other club, but Yang straightly refused, saying he wanted to only join Spurs. To make it clear, it was Yang, rather than Gangwon, who made the choice to pick Tottenham as his next club. I respected the player’s wish.”
Sounds like this guy might be the real deal - if his development works out. Clearly very highly rated.

Before he's 31 i believe. Unless he wins a major trophy with the national squad then he might get an exemption. Nothing to worry about.
They need to serve by 28. It's really weird why they would set an age where athletes are at their peak and not make it 35 or thereabouts.

They need to serve by 28. It's really weird why they would set an age where athletes are at their peak and not make it 35 or thereabouts.
Actually it seems quite reasonable to me. They want their citizens young and healthy when they do their national service. Besides by 35 one is more likely to have started a family.

You are focusing on athletes when the rule is for all citizens. It makes perfect sense to me.

In Naija, everybody that goes into higher education (university/polytechnic etc) has to serve one year of national service before they can get a job. When you subsequently apply for a job, along with your academic qualifications you have to produce evidence of having served your NYSC (National Youth Service Corp).

Because they want soldiers at their peak?
The handful of athletes that get deferments won't make much of a difference if they serve at 28 or at 35. And if there's a war everyone would be called, regardless of what their age is or whether they have a deferment. Having them at their peak just for military training doesn't make much sense.

The handful of athletes that get deferments won't make much of a difference if they serve at 28 or at 35. And if there's a war everyone would be called, regardless of what their age is or whether they have a deferment. Having them at their peak just for military training doesn't make much sense.

The rule is for everyone. They don't make exceptions for your profession or status or how rich you are. You serve your country, who are still officially at war.

Back