• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

( . Y . ) Tottenham v Chelsea | OMT ( . Y . )

I wonder if Poch bringing Sissoko on was a message to LEvy that he needs better players RIGHT NOW. All I saw him do was elbow Alonso in the gob.

Why on earth did Wanyama play the full 90? He was clearly not readly for this game. Was Poch watching the game?

Lloris also too often makes mistakes in big games.

When we get the equaliser, we also need to slow down a bit. A draw is okay. No need to go gung ho looking for the winner. Too hectic.

You have to credit Conte, he set up his team brilliantly to stifle us and catch us on the break.

But I'm not too down about the defeat, we showed enough out there to suggest we will be up amongst the challengers once Wanyama, Trippier and the rest are back to full match fitness.

I hope to G@d if we reach the League Cup final or FA Cup semi and we end up playing Chelsea the FA move it to the Olympic Stadium, but we just dont seem to be able to get anything against them at f#ckin Wembley

Every team will set up to play the same way against us. Sit deep pack the centre of the pitch. Hit us on the break. Rather than criticise their approach we need to devise a strategy/tactics to counter this approach.

We need better wide players. A better ball player in the DM - not Wanyama. More pace later in the game for the counter attack.
And we also need to recognise that playing a pressing game for 90 minutes on the Wembley pitch might not be feasible.

That was an absolute howler from Lloris. Less so from Wanyama - he gave away possession absolutely needlessly - but that was unforgivably bad from Hugo. Throws it to him in the first place - not a low throw, but a high, arcing ball that Wanyama had to control. Then he utterly fudges up what should have been a routine near-post save. And he cost us the game.

Sigh.

To be fair, we were pretty turgid and dire in the second half anyway. We only ever looked like scoring for ten minutes at the end of the first half - and it was a bitter disappointment to see how flat and uninspired we were in the second.

Positives -

Erm....Dembele looked good. Alli looked good.

Negatives -

The rest of the team, again, barring ten minutes at the end of the first half, were desperately uninspired.

This was our very best chance to beat them - they won't be weaker than this all season, and we could have gotten off to a perfect start. But we failed. Simple as that. We failed.

And now this stupid Wembley monkey will persevere.

What games were you watching? We battered them second half too. Penned them in for most of the half.

fudging gutted. This Wembley factor is going to hurt us unless we're better away than last season. We'll beat the Swansea, Southampton type sides at Wembley but we may struggle against the top 5.

Can someone explain to me why goalkeepers are trained to save shots like Alonsos with their hands instead of just putting a leg there and beating the shot away? It's twice as fast to do and gives you a hell of a lot more chance to save the shot than throwing yourself down to save it with hands
I swear on my life that I would have saved that shot with my leg and I don't have one min of professional football experience.

From an amateur perspective, I was always told to try with your hands because you have absolutely no idea where the ball will go if you just stick a leg out at it.

But then, I was always told that the near post is yours in any situation - you cannot get beaten at the near post as easily as Hugo was.

Every team will set up to play the same way against us. Sit deep pack the centre of the pitch. Hit us on the break. Rather than criticise their approach we need to devise a strategy/tactics to counter this approach.

We need better wide players. A better ball player in the DM - not Wanyama. More pace later in the game for the counter attack.
And we also need to recognise that playing a pressing game for 90 minutes on the Wembley pitch might not be feasible.
Regardless of any tactics we can't give the ball away like we did today - with Wanyama being the biggest culprit. The fact that we took the game to them in the second half bodes well and you can be sure Poch will not be happy with the defeat and many aspects of the performance. Hopefully we can catch Huddersfield.

Decent performance. We played better than I've seen us play last season in some phases of the game. Our passing and the way we broke down a stubborn defence were good.

But we lacked composure. At the start when we gave away one too many fouls, our runs and finishing - again just small fractions - and at the end when we were too desperate and whipped up by the occasion. Verts and Hugo looked nervous. I was nervous at kick off, not surprised the players were too.

We were good enough to beat Chelsea on footballing ability and we gave a fair account of ourselves, but one of the worst games ultimately because of this and the result.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back