• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

( . Y . ) Tottenham v Chelsea | OMT ( . Y . )

wanyama hasn't had a good game imo, on top of losing the ball when rolled out to him by lloris, he didn't track back to cover marcos alonso for the second goal - and lloris should have not been beaten at his near post

chavs scored all three goals

apart from that we played alright i thought, chavs just sat back and hit us on the counter
Our Achilles heel for sure.

Reports won't tell you how we absolutely dominated the second half and it will all be a Chelsea masterclass. Played like they were Burnley!

We really need a ball playing CM for teams exactly like this.

I said it last season...Lloris a good keeper over 38 games, but he chokes on the big occasions. Wanyama...well he was crap from the start. Again we outplayed these clams, but come away with nothing.

Wanyama looked off the pace all day - sloppiness interspersed with his usual beastly brilliance. I was surprised when Dier went off (even though he was on a yellow) and not Big Vic.

Ahhhhhh Victor, ahhhhhh Hugo. You are both much better than that.

Still, the good thing is, we played well. We created. They didn't create too much. When we played Monaco and Bayer last season we were terrible and never got going. This is not that. Wembley isn't going to be that much of a factor.

We just can't make those errors. Wanyama was off the pace all game. He had improved in possession but he was really bad with the ball today. Such a shame.

That was an absolute howler from Lloris. Less so from Wanyama - he gave away possession absolutely needlessly - but that was unforgivably bad from Hugo. Throws it to him in the first place - not a low throw, but a high, arcing ball that Wanyama had to control. Then he utterly fudges up what should have been a routine near-post save. And he cost us the game.

Sigh.

To be fair, we were pretty turgid and dire in the second half anyway. We only ever looked like scoring for ten minutes at the end of the first half - and it was a bitter disappointment to see how flat and uninspired we were in the second.

Positives -

Erm....Dembele looked good. Alli looked good.

Negatives -

The rest of the team, again, barring ten minutes at the end of the first half, were desperately uninspired.

This was our very best chance to beat them - they won't be weaker than this all season, and we could have gotten off to a perfect start. But we failed. Simple as that. We failed.

And now this stupid Wembley monkey will persevere.

Lloris neeeded to be calm throws early to counter. Wanyama did not check his shoulder basic stuff . Poor keeping near post 3 mistakes. Still think we will be just fine at Wembley this season

Can someone explain to me why goalkeepers are trained to save shots like Alonsos with their hands instead of just putting a leg there and beating the shot away? It's twice as fast to do and gives you a hell of a lot more chance to save the shot than throwing yourself down to save it with hands
I swear on my life that I would have saved that shot with my leg and I don't have one min of professional football experience.

I said it last season...Lloris a good keeper over 38 games, but he chokes on the big occasions. Wanyama...well he was crap from the start. Again we outplayed these clams, but come away with nothing.

I don't think that was choking, his position was just wrong for their second

Hugo leaves me seething

Boys worked hard but looks like Hugo has been reading the Joe Harte new book on 'great goalkeeping'

We will forgive by the next game ........

Back