• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Round of 16 - Fixtures in 1st Post

Well done to Costa Rico for making it to the Quarter Finals for the first time in their history. Thought they will beat Greece comfortably but Greece made them work hard and the red card didn't help their cause. But they did well to force the penalty and it was all well-taken penalties. Hope Costa Rica will step up their game and beat the serial cheaters Dutch in the quarter finals.

This is why I hate the Dutch ! They are traditional cheaters ! All the teams dive at some times but the Dutch dive all the times. They are serial master divers. Really annoyed to see Robben diving like a frog to win the penalty to beat Mexico. Even more annoying to see him unshamedly admitting he dived 2 times against Mexico. Surely, FIFA should take action against him now that he admitted to diving. Since they banned the serial biter Suarez using video evidence. they should use the admission of serial diver Robben to ban him atleast for 1 match.

I thought he admitted to only one.

But that's not the main reason I replied. I'm confused as reports I have read say he admitted to a dive in the first half. My memory has that as the incident where he was clearly fouled twice. That should have been a penalty, although as usually the case he could have stayed upright if he wanted to. Then there was an incident in the second half where he slipped, got up and flopped, which I thought was a half-hearted attempt to dive. I though this was the one he admitted to until reading about it being in the first half.

BrYtvPvCQAAsc9k.png

I thought he admitted to only one.

But that's not the main reason I replied. I'm confused as reports I have read say he admitted to a dive in the first half. My memory has that as the incident where he was clearly fouled twice. That should have been a penalty, although as usually the case he could have stayed upright if he wanted to. Then there was an incident in the second half where he slipped, got up and flopped, which I thought was a half-hearted attempt to dive. I though this was the one he admitted to until reading about it being in the first half.
Yep, he admitted to one, although the Dutch say he was misquoted though and he actually said he went down too easily. Dunno if it was that double tackle where the guy broke his leg he was referring to though.

As much of a swan dive as it was, seems a bit harsh to single out one diver over all the others. Diving, pretending you're more hurt than you are, time wasting, waving imaginary yellow cards about, basically any form of gamesmanship to get an edge that some little **** can come up with is completely endemic to football (mens football that should be, the women don't flop about as much), and there's absolutely no will to try and alter it from the governing bodies or the players.

The same people having a go at Robben for his dive can be found on the BBC every week using super slow mo to look for the tiniest contact so they can reel off the "every right to go down there" ********. That side of the game is a cretinous joke, but you just have to put up with it sadly, or stop watching football.

France have really come to life inside the last 10 minutes. Cabaye was very unlucky that his strike didn't find the back of the net.

What a save!! From Enyema (sp.)

There we go... Pogba opens the scoring for the French, it was coming and it comes courtesy of Pogba's head. France lead Nigeria by a goal to nil.

Enyema was at fault for the goal, I think. In spite of his performance up until the goal, for Enyema to come and not clear the ball well cost his side the goal. Enyema left his goal unguarded and so Pogba only needed to find the open net to score.

I did note the total lack of comment on the first half :) Hopefully Nabil et al are better later.

I was dozing on the sofa, the game was that good! To think that I'm staying with family, I have chosen that the football goes on and yet I end up watching a snooze fest.

Before this game, I was certain that France would win the World Cup, now I'm :oops: realising that it won't happen.

2-0 to France... Griezmann sealing France's passage through to the Quarter-Finals.

And yet another late goal, there seems to have been a few goals scored recently within the last few minutes of games!

Looking at the highlights of Enyema, he is a good shot stopper but flaps like crazy at crosses! For that reason, I can't see any club in the Premiership pursuing him.

This is why I hate the Dutch ! They are traditional cheaters ! All the teams dive at some times but the Dutch dive all the times. They are serial master divers. Really annoyed to see Robben diving like a frog to win the penalty to beat Mexico. Even more annoying to see him unshamedly admitting he dived 2 times against Mexico. Surely, FIFA should take action against him now that he admitted to diving. Since they banned the serial biter Suarez using video evidence. they should use the admission of serial diver Robben to ban him atleast for 1 match.

As for Mexico, they have only themselves to blame. As soon as they scored, had the feeling they will lose this match. They simply scored too early. For all their talents, Mexico don't have the mental strength to defend a lead against a big team for too long. They would have won this match if they had continued attacking as the Dutch were shyte until then. But they stopped playing and gave the momentum back to the Dutch. It was really stupid of the Mexico coach to take off goal scorer Dos Santos with 30 mins to play. Dos Santos did well to score with a great shot and should have played the whole match. He is Mexico's most influential player and to take him off was really stupid. Even worse Mexico had to play with virtually 10 men when the useless Hernandez came on for the last 15 mins. Almost all the defences have been shyte in this WC. Only a few like Mexico defended really well. So, it is really disappointing to see them lose by conceding 2 late goals.

You'll just upset Gutterboy with comments like that

Back