• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group F - Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Argentina and Bosnia and Herzegovina

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Argentina and Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina and Nigeria

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina and Iran

• Bosnia and Herzegovina and Nigeria

• Iran and Nigeria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny how you're sitting on £75 if Argentina score one more goal but they don't look like doing it!!

BqNVYCJCIAEV-NW.jpg

Good win for Argentina but Bosnia made it hard for them. If Bosnia get out of the group, which I think they will, they'll do well for themselves. Very impressed with Bosnias defence, also very impressed with Pjanic. Happy for Messi too, that goal was very important for him.

Another great game at this World Cup, no still draws.

What's more...so many key players are already on the scoresheet...

Neymar, Sanchez, Balotelli, Van Persie, Messi, Benzema have all netted already. It's shaping up to be a very good World Cup!

Still no draws. Traditionally the first group games are timid affairs where the teams just don't want to lose. Instead we've had teams all gunning for a win (well, except Spain)

What a tournament so far!

What's more...so many key players are already on the scoresheet...

Neymar, Sanchez, Balotelli, Van Persie, Messi, Benzema have all netted already. It's shaping up to be a very good World Cup!

Excellent point. Just need CRonaldo to razzle dazzle tomorrow and it looks as like the worlds best are here to play.

There are some conspiracy theories around on how Argentina all but eradicated their black population once slavery was abolished and of course their connections to Germany during WWII

Not forgetting the thousands of people tortured and killed by the military junta during 'dirty war' plus the allegations of match fixing at the 1978 World Cup finals.

ESPN | While the world watched -- World Cup brings back memories of Argentina's Dirty War
At the same time Argentina hosted the 1978 World Cup, the nation's dictators were waging their "Dirty War" of repression, kidnappings and torture. As the tournament again draws near, ghastly memories are flooding back.

...THERE'S ANOTHER REASON the memory of the '78 World Cup brings shame in Argentina. Although as a crime, match fixing doesn't compare to the torture and murder committed by the ruling junta, Argentina may have rigged a crucial victory over Peru, according to the testimony of a former Peruvian senator before an Argentine court in 2012. His assertions were deemed so credible that FIFA opened an investigation, which is ongoing.

The dictators didn't care about sports -- General Videla, the thin, mustachioed leader nicknamed the Pink Panther for his build and gait, was said to have never attended a football match in his life until the World Cup, when he attended seven -- but they cared about projecting an image of power to their enemies at home and abroad. Argentina needed to beat Peru, a tough opponent, by four goals to advance to the final. Before the match, Videla and the former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who had openly supported the dictatorial regime, visited the Peru locker room. The Peruvian keeper Ramon Quiroga was born in Argentina, and although he steadfastly denies rumors of corruption, Argentina scored against him over and over, winning 6-0. At the exact moment the fourth goal went into the net, a bomb exploded in the home of a government minister who'd criticized the expenditures of the general in charge of the tournament. Journalists would eventually uncover more than $50 million in aid given to Peru.

Argentina's 1978 World Cup win against Peru was fixed in a brutal political deal, former senator says - Yahoo Sports

“With what I know now, I can't say I am proud of my victory,” said Leopoldo Luque, an Argentinean striker in 1978. “But I didn't realize, most of us didn't. We just played football.”

“There is no doubt we were used politically,” midfielder Ricky Villa said.

Last edited:
There are some conspiracy theories around on how Argentina all but eradicated their black population once slavery was abolished and of course their connections to Germany during WWII

So, you're saying that John Terry is part-Argentinian?

Back