• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Costa Rica are deserved winners of this game this far.

The referee should have awarded a penalty to Costa Rica. Ridiculous decision for him not to award the penalty!!!

England are out, so what, England deserve to be out.

So who do you think the post-Wow mucho mucho mercenary will be? Then afterwards perhaps Tony Pulis will have developed into a safe choice.
I think that Roy should and will keep his job. Getting out of this group was always going to be a tough task. The young players have come on well under him and the team are improving. He should be given until the next tournament to see the job through.

i'm not sure what will be funnier. england anhilating costa rica, or costa rice beating england.

If Costa Rica win today they are guaranteed to go through. What happens in a dead rubber of a game isn't going to be of particular interest.

my take on the england situation is that with the exception of russia who also looked poor in their game, none of our squad play abroad, every other team here has had players playing in other leagues, on the world cup stage, thats invaluable experience, yes we have a lot of foreigners in the PL but its the difference between learning french in the classroom and actually living in paris.
Our players just dont have the nous and subtleties that get picked up when you play in other leagues, they're not used to seeing different formations, playing styles etc. And its always been this way, I dont know if its still the Ian Rush mentality of they dont speak english and i can get fish and chips there or if foreign teams dont think they can mold an english footballer into their team unless its an amazing talent like bale of course.

my take on the england situation is that with the exception of russia who also looked poor in their game, none of our squad play abroad, every other team here has had players playing in other leagues, on the world cup stage, thats invaluable experience, yes we have a lot of foreigners in the PL but its the difference between learning french in the classroom and actually living in paris.
Our players just dont have the nous and subtleties that get picked up when you play in other leagues, they're not used to seeing different formations, playing styles etc. And its always been this way, I dont know if its still the Ian Rush mentality of they dont speak english and i can get fish and chips there or if foreign teams dont think they can mold an english footballer into their team unless its an amazing talent like bale of course.
I raised this point in the Tom Ince thread when he turned down the chance to go to Milan. I think that it would do our players good to play abroad but why would they do this when (in the most part) they can earn more at home?

I said at the time of Hodgson getting the job that his appointment would set the England team back years, and thats exactly whats happened. The FA appointing a dinosaur of the game who was in his 60's and whose (little) success came decades earlier, when claiming that they were "looking to the future" was simply ludicrous. He seemef to get the job solely on the basis that he was A) English and B) not Harry Redknapp. Anyone can see that the England team has gone backwards.

People complained when Sven didnt get to the semi finals of tournaments. Now England arent even getting out of the group. Its nothing more then the FA deserve.

England are rotten to the core from top to bottom. Of course, Roy wont be sacked and this shambles will carry on and qualifying for the next euro's will be seen as some kind of "achievement" (even though its not"). Then the same circus will happen again at the next tournament.

Sack Roy, retire the old guard players who have continued to fail at big tournaments, blood the talented new youngsters coning through, and get a manager in who KNOWS the modern game. At least that would be a start.

italy have looked really poor in this game, they are so one dimensional, dunno how much the heat has affected them

Back