• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's perhaps fair, but, IMO, he shouldn't be playing. We bang on about this Young Lions ********, but don't back it all the way by keeping that midfield anchor (in the big weight sense of the word) in the team, as captain, and unsubstitutable too.

An equally fair point…I felt sorry for Hodgson in so much as he lost Walnut a while back and then lost Chamberlain a few weeks ago. I think he'd have made a big difference.

For our record to be as bad as it is though there must be systemic problem with the national side. But rather than the cuts at the FA doing something about it like Germany did after their failures in the noughties all we get is same old same old. We will always fail unless we change radically.

For our record to be as bad as it is though there must be systemic problem with the national side. But rather than the cuts at the FA doing something about it like Germany did after their failures in the noughties all we get is same old same old. We will always fail unless we change radically.

Can you imagine Woy demanding the changes that Klinsmann got from the German FA?

An equally fair point…I felt sorry for Hodgson in so much as he lost Walnut a while back and then lost Chamberlain a few weeks ago. I think he'd have made a big difference.
He doesn't help himself by playing two deep lying midfielders yet still conceding 2 goals in both matches.

[tweet]479738033672306688[/tweet]

In case you're only seeing squares:

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Agree up to a point. The immediate issue is a weak manager, who has gone with an almost exclusively Lancashire team, ignored what worked and what didn't in the first game, failed to react promptly when it went wrong.

I was deperately dissapointed after this game..I dont think Hodgson was the right man for the job.
England played well up to the Rooney goal..and should have pressed home while we were ahead...
I had a sneaky feeling Saurez would score if he was in on goal..
its easy for me to say in hindsight...but the defence should have had an eye on him...

who said England are more frustating than supporting Spurs though?

now there has to be a fine line drawn there...LOL..although I can see the parellel........

not that I expected much, but that's thoroughly spoiled football for me now, I've watched pretty much every minute of every game so far, I was excited by Switzerland France earlier, now, meh

stuck my head into sn&v just now and don't give a toss about that either

****ing football

I dont think Hodgson was the right man for the job.

i've been thinking exactly this for a number of years now. in my opinion, hes been one of the worst england managers of the past decade. he's got massively lucky because expectations have dropped. but the team has been poor in this worldcup, the qualifiers for this worldcup, and the euro campaign too.

i'm not sure i agree with that neymar, irrespective, i don't think there was a single other reasonable candidate when he got the job, he may not have been the right choice, but he was certainly the only choice

I was deperately dissapointed after this game..I dont think Hodgson was the right man for the job.
England played well up to the Rooney goal..and should have pressed home while we were ahead...
I had a sneaky feeling Saurez would score if he was in on goal..
its easy for me to say in hindsight...but the defence should have had an eye on him...

who said England are more frustating than supporting Spurs though?

now there has to be a fine line drawn there...LOL..although I can see the parellel........

Sadly Roy is and was the best option we have. We need to think long term about the entire England set up, coaching, numbers of English players being developed at the top clubs etc etc. I know posters looking at the short term were suggesting Harry. IMO he is as far away from the answer as Roy. At least Roy had some experience of football outside the uk. Which of the young coaches in this country could manage abroad? I mean since 1966 countries like Denmark and Greece have had more success in international tournaments than England. It's absolutely shocking.

i've been thinking exactly this for a number of years now. in my opinion, hes been one of the worst england managers of the past decade. he's got massively lucky because expectations have dropped. but the team has been poor in this worldcup, the qualifiers for this worldcup, and the euro campaign too.

Well it cant be all that easy being England manager but I don;t think I would have picked the team he had.

Henderson Cahill..even Johnson these days are not Internetional standard IMHO...

What happened to our Walker...not the greatest but I feel he would have got forward more than Johnson.
Baines I thought played well on the other side as Left B......just my oppinion though.

The problem is the FA. Their safe bet is anything but.

Oh for an English Klinsmann, someone with a hint of charisma, experience, tactical nous, proven man management ability, healthy self interest.

Can you imagine Woy demanding the changes that Klinsmann got from the German FA?

Thing is mate the premier league wield too much power and the FA are a weak bunch of cnuts Too many foreign owners many of whom couldn't give a toss about football let alone England.

Last edited:
not that I expected much, but that's thoroughly spoiled football for me now, I've watched pretty much every minute of every game so far, I was excited by Switzerland France earlier, now, meh

stuck my head into sn&v just now and don't give a toss about that either

****ing football

I hear you.

You deserve a fortnight off! :)

I think that there is an issue with youth development in this country and we do need to commit more money to grass roots football but we should be careful not to over react to one result. We were not that bad tonight and were beaten by a world class player. Before the tournament, most of our expectations were low. This is a young squad and our priority for this tournament should always have been on development. All that said, we can still go through and there are better teams than us (who have far better youth sets ups ) already out of the tournament.

Back