• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First goal today, very similar to Balotelli. Every England defender is ball watching and the attacker sneaks in behind them.

I think Harry would have sorted us out and yep people say he is tactically naiive but one thing Harry has got is that he can get the best out of players.

The way I view it this world cup was always a learning curve in readiness for the next minus the old guard.

I don't see a learning curve, more a flatline.

IrnBru ad is good though.

I like the sentiment DHSF, but what have the young uns learnt from that?

They will have learnt a great deal from the experience - lets not undervalue that. Learnt from playing together etc and in four years time they will have developed even further - players like Sterling and Sturridge even the likes of Barkley.

Lets also not forget I felt we dominated Uruguay, its not like they hammered us (except five mins at the start of the second half) - the difference was that they had Suarez and we didnt.

They will have learnt a great deal from the experience - lets not undervalue that. Learnt from playing together etc and in four years time they will have developed even further - players like Sterling and Sturridge even the likes of Barkley.

Lets also not forget I felt we dominated Uruguay, its not like they hammered us (except five mins at the start of the second half) - the difference was that they had Suarez and we didnt.

maybe, I worry all they are learning is how to bottle it

is this a Woy quote? sounds like it..

If you dont have the skill......you can only learn so much......I,m afraid

Another problem with todays England is ..all the kids sit at home on their PCs..and I phones...LOL...how things and culture has changed..:eek:

England are more frustrating than Spurs. In recent times all the major European countries have tasted international success except us. We are simply not good enough, young players old players how embarrassing is our international record. Our number 10 earns more than practically the entire chile team yet they are through to the next round. Our manager is the third highest paid. Same old story reward failures. Really really disappointed and angry.

We all knew England were not quite good enough before a ball was kicked so nothing really lost.

What I dread most now is a media campaign for the return of Hoddle to replace Woy. I worshipped him as a player but we Spurs fans know all about his limitations as a manager. Leopard's don't change their spots.

Let's stick with Hodgson until either he ****s up altogether or someone genuinely talented emerges from the flames.

What England lack is a player...any player who can dominate a match, such as a Gascoigne, a Lineker, or a Shearer. Even our better players tend to drift in and out of matches. Gerrard must go. I would also get rid of Johnson. Yes his ball into Rooney was good, but that is all he has done over two matches. Was it just me, or did England look lazy in getting back for the second Uruguay goal?

is this a Woy quote? sounds like it..

If you dont have the skill......you can only learn so much......I,m afraid

Another problem with todays England is ..all the kids sit at home on their PCs..and I phones...LOL...how things and culture has changed..:eek:

Agree up to a point. The immediate issue is a weak manager, who has gone with an almost exclusively Lancashire team, ignored what worked and what didn't in the first game, failed to react promptly when it went wrong.

Yeah I agree but blaming Gerrard for a header he didnt win is pure pathetic. Its the blame game that I dont like. Anyways we lost but I thought England played better than them but they finished their chances, we didnt.

This.

We all knew England were not quite good enough before a ball was kicked so nothing really lost.

What I dread most now is a media campaign for the return of Hoddle to replace Woy. I worshipped him as a player but we Spurs fans know all about his limitations as a manager. Leopard's don't change their spots.

Let's stick with Hodgson until either he ****s up altogether or someone genuinely talented emerges from the flames.

Hodgson must go.

Back