• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Good to hear continental players now thinking and talking about Spurs as a "top club".

Makes a change from ten years or so ago, when ZZ was rumoured to have claimed that he had never heard of us!

I think our CL run and Bale's progression has raised our profile immensely. Add in, I suspect AVB was not a bad move for us from a European coverage

I think our CL run and Bale's progression has raised our profile immensely. Add in, I suspect AVB was not a bad move for us from a European coverage

That is a very good point. Playing alongside great players make other good or great players look better.

It is obviously easier to play with good players rather than bad 'uns.

I see Lukaku wants another loan move next season but only to a team playing in 1 of the European cups.

Think we need to be all over that.

I see Lukaku wants another loan move next season but only to a team playing in 1 of the European cups.

Think we need to be all over that.

Interesting, What makes him feel he won't be playing at Chelski? Is it because they won't be in any of the European Cups :lol:

The more I think about how AVB likes to see his sides play, and the more I watch the likes of Vucinic, I am convinced we will be looking to the Bundesliga for our major buys. Specifically German-mentality players. Yes, Freundy will have an influence of course. But it's the work-rate added to the skill. Vucinic is a class act, but he is a 'patch player' who doesn't always want to work and doesn't always look to be mentally involved. We've got one of those already. Here's to some top scouting of the best in German talent...

Just thinking about this Bundesliga theory. Anyone got any suggestions of possible forward targets over there?

Lewandowski is obviously the main man, but probably out of our league.

Gomez might be available as Mandzukic has taken his starting spot at Bayern.

Looking at young German talent, Andre Schurrle seems the brightest prospect at the moment (and also a mate of Holtby's from Mainz 05), but isn't really a centre forward. Peniel Mlapa is the big powerful targetman in their U21s.

Last edited:
Looking at the top scorer charts around Europe:

Germany:

Lewandowski, Kiessling, Mandzukic, Ibisevic all feature.

More midfielders and wingers than forwards on that list really.

Two guys that look tall and robust, but I have no idea what they're like:

Adam Zsalai, 25 years old, 13 goals in 26 apps. First season of any note though.

Nils Petersen, 24 years old, 11 goals in 27 apps. Picked up by Bayern 2 years ago after doing well in the 2. Bundesliga, on loan to Werder this season.

Italy:

Two we've linked with before (not that it actually matters what the papers come up with)

Osvaldo
Mauro Icardi

France:

Aubameyang
Modeste
Gomis at a stretch

Most of the top players are pushing 30 and the young ones aren't doing much.

Portugal:

The few decent ones play for the big 3 and will therefore cost a small fortune if they have that little extra.

Holland:

Bony
Finnbogason
Graziano Pelle

All scoring lots of goals, but it's in Holland after all.

Seems like there aren't that many top quality strikers out there, very few that have more than 10-12 goals. There is however a lot of wingers and attacking midfielders close to double digits. I think it's due to the current trend of lone strikers and the old poachers have been moved to other positions. There are higher demands to the overall contribution from all players. No longer room for someone to just hit crosses or just score tap ins.

Dortmund have told Robert Lewandowski that unless he finds a club who will pay the asking price(around £22m) by May then he won't be sold. Any chance if we finish in the top 4?

If we can afford it we should be on that.

The question is whether or not he'd want to come to us over anyone else. As soon as we get involved others would follow.

If we can afford it we should be on that.

The question is whether or not he'd want to come to us over anyone else. As soon as we get involved others would follow.

I think Chelsea and City will battle for Falcao and Cavani, so maybe United, but how many strikers do they need? I doubt he'd go to Arse if they miss out on CL. Liverpool? Meh.

Maybe Bayern would be in for him if Gomez leaves? I can't see him in Italy or Spain, but that's just me.

It's because he'll only has a year left on his deal, same as Eriksen. The next 7 games are so important though.

Dortmund have told Robert Lewandowski that unless he finds a club who will pay the asking price(around £22m) by May then he won't be sold. Any chance if we finish in the top 4?

Not a chance. We wont be spending that much on a single player and paying the wages he wants even if we finish in the top 4. In a couple years time then we could well be in for this sort of player.

THe other problem is that other clubs such as PSG would come in for him and blow us out of the water

Not a chance. We wont be spending that much on a single player and paying the wages he wants even if we finish in the top 4. In a couple years time then we could well be in for this sort of player.

THe other problem is that other clubs such as PSG would come in for him and blow us out of the water

'Dortmund, German newspaper Bild have reported, are offering to double his wages to the equivalent of £50,000-a-week but he is holding out for around £70,000.'

His wages aren't actually that bad. According to the German media.

People don't think we'll spend that much on him, but they think we'd buy a Benteke/Lukaku? Who are far less proven and will not cost that much less.

(if a lukaku wasn't at Chelsea)

Last edited:
'Dortmund, German newspaper Bild have reported, are offering to double his wages to the equivalent of £50,000-a-week but he is holding out for around £70,000.'

His wages aren't actually that bad. According to the German media.

People don't think we'll spend that much on him, but they think we'd buy a Benteke/Lukaku? Who are far less proven and will not cost that much less.

(if a lukaku wasn't at Chelsea)

Just cant see any way which we'll pay £20m+ on a player til the stadium has done. Levy has resisted it so far in his time at Spurs. If the price was sub £20m then he would fit the profile of player and in particular age which we sign players (he's 24) - not dissimilar to people like Lloris, Dembele, Vertonghen, even Modric. However if hte price really is £20m+ then I just dont see it

re the wages, it all depends on whether a club with a sugar daddy gets involved - if so, he could recieve an offer in excess of £100k

Just cant see any way which we'll pay £20m+ on a player til the stadium has done. Levy has resisted it so far in his time at Spurs. If the price was sub £20m then he would fit the profile of player and in particular age which we sign players (he's 24) - not dissimilar to people like Lloris, Dembele, Vertonghen, even Modric. However if hte price really is £20m+ then I just dont see it

re the wages, it all depends on whether a club with a sugar daddy gets involved - if so, he could recieve an offer in excess of £100k

So you don't think we'd spend 21m, whilst 19m would be well within our grasp? That's a little arbitrary. He's resisted it because he's managed to get good deals on players in the majority of positions. Why spend more than is required?

22m is not that far north of 20m, and the values newspapers report are rarely 100% accurate.

It does depend on other clubs getting involved, should that dissuade us from trying though? If so we're not going to get very far. As you could say the same about any player we could go after.

Back