• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Didn't jol drive up to Saudi Sportswashing Machine for an interview?

He did, both him and Harry were similar cases, looking for the next gig (one publicly, one not so much)

I'd argue the pressure was different back then, with the smaller stadium the pressure for a European, eventually CL spot due to the significant revenue gap between us and the other top 4 players, created a succeed this season or else model.

I mentioned it before, watching us have the money to buy Solanke but also still making buys like Gray, Bergvall, Wilson (and putting them in first team), tells me we have a little more flexibility in the "this season" results if it lines us up for future seasons.

All Arsenal fans I know maintain that if not for Covid then Arteta would have been sacked.

People can claim it was brave by the board etc, but if there were fans in the stadium he would have been gone. It's worked out by luck not design. However it does show that giving someone a proper go can pay off. The manager has to be willing to adapt as well and Arteta has done that. Maybe he realised how close he came to getting his P45.

All Arsenal fans I know maintain that if not for Covid then Arteta would have been sacked.

People can claim it was brave by the board etc, but if there were fans in the stadium he would have been gone. It's worked out by luck not design. However it does show that giving someone a proper go can pay off. The manager has to be willing to adapt as well and Arteta has done that. Maybe he realised how close he came to getting his P45.

He should have been (and yes, I know hindsight counters that view), the combination of running into a completely incompetent Lampard in that first cup final plus Covid plus a board that was not decisive meant he survived a 8th, 8th and 5th (where they brick the bed on 4th) season finishes despite consistently spending top 3 money. I'd even argue there has to be a huge amount of pressure on him this season to deliver, otherwise it's 6 seasons and >600M+ for what?

It's a hard business, because a manager might come good (I think you really do need to take things like system, circumstance, can you see what the team will become, a but subjective). I'd argue (Madrid and Chelsea have proven in the past) it's almost better to err on the side of change. Retaining ETH (as an example) for United after last season is extremely likely to be a mistake, a braver management team would have told thanks for the two cups, and brought someone else in (just like OGS should have never kept his job that long).

They interviewed other managers including meeting with Poch

Either they didn’t find what they wanted or they didn’t want to make the change

Whether Arsenal wanted to get rid of Arteta or not is kind of irrelevant, the fact is that they kept him and they’ve benefited from it. They could have easily sacked him after they bottled 4th and handed it to us on a plate in 2021/22 (which wasn’t during COVID btw) but they again they stuck with him. The fact is that managers know they will get more time at certain clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and United compared to clubs like us and Chelsea. I think United and Liverpool in general have more patient fanbases than us, and more patient chairmen.

Whether Arsenal wanted to get rid of Arteta or not is kind of irrelevant, the fact is that they kept him and they’ve benefited from it. They could have easily sacked him after they bottled 4th and handed it to us on a plate in 2021/22 (which wasn’t during COVID btw) but they again they stuck with him. The fact is that managers know they will get more time at certain clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and United compared to clubs like us and Chelsea. I think United and Liverpool in general have more patient fanbases than us, and more patient chairmen.

As long as a manager seems to be improving the team. A club will usually keep him (apart from poch at chelsea). Problem arises when results start going downhill.

Spurs are the smallest of the big 6. Levy doesn't have money to bail us out, lewis has never been inclined to. With the stadium debt, we are at a higher risk than the others. Levys entire wealth is on the line with us. So yes he "plays it safe".

I'd like new owners or investors. But I would like to see what levy could get out of us if the breaks are off.

I don't like giving Chelsea props for much, I think some do it on here to prove points and add negativity towards us (I won't say who), but he had them in a great area by end of last season IMO.

Thankfully Chels did what they have done recently and decided to self harm.
Utter madness what they did there. They had third best record in the league in the second half of last season.

Not quite how I remember it. We'd finished the previous season poorly and we really should have parted company that summer, rather than waste a transfer window. Same with Poch really. I'm more annoyed with Levy for waiting too long on those occasions than anything else actually. We haven't properly recovered from Poch's last window until now through a combination of unforeseen circumstances.
We finished last season poorly as well. Should we have sacked Ange?

Not quite how I remember it. We'd finished the previous season poorly and we really should have parted company that summer, rather than waste a transfer window. Same with Poch really. I'm more annoyed with Levy for waiting too long on those occasions than anything else actually. We haven't properly recovered from Poch's last window until now through a combination of unforeseen circumstances.
When Steve Hitchen is your head of recruitment you’re probably unlikely to recruit particularly well.

Last edited:
I would’ve got it if their first and second half of the season were the other way round but not with now it actually went.
But they haven’t a clue how to run a football club

They are like fudging teflon, somehow they got away with losing 1M/week for the entirety of RA's ownership and followed that up by getting some cheating even more financially

That said, I can't see how they don't end up as a dumpster fire

I would’ve got it if their first and second half of the season were the other way round but not with now it actually went.
No one can second guess what they are trying to do there
The current plan is of each party to buy the other out at a higher value than they paid of a club that’s now got a higher debt…
Madness

The current plan is of each party to buy the other out at a higher value than they paid of a club that’s now got a higher debt…
Madness

Also it's likely they'll have to borrow the money to buy the other out. Or raise it by some other means.

I'm sure sooner or later those lending them money will want their money back.

Also it's likely they'll have to borrow the money to buy the other out. Or raise it by some other means.

I'm sure sooner or later those lending them money will want their money back.
Pass
I don’t think anyone can work them out
There must be an end game

Madness

Already looking to move Boehly on aint they? Maybe I read that wrong

Back