• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Have to say i thought he played well today..i only saw get caught out with these balls twice

and on the whole his relationship with dawson seemed a lot tighter.

have to say he ends up in some of the weirdest positions defensively though....but he was pressing and causing grief to the opposition even though he 'appeared' to be pressing outside of an organised back line

great game today...very impressed

did anyone notice our back line? how it was shaped when we didnt have the ball at times?....especially when the ball was on the opposition right side

did anyone notice our back line? how it was shaped when we didnt have the ball at times?....especially when the ball was on the opposition right side

Please elaborate, was trying to watch on a laptop whilst the family was about.

Good performance, he bottled a couple of challenges but he read everything supremely well

Please elaborate, was trying to watch on a laptop whilst the family was about.

It was wierd, but whenever the tried to really pressure us and chiriches did his whole routing of sticking to hsi man like flies on ****.....dawson shifted across to the open space...BUT NOT COMPLETELY?? it was as though instead of occupying the entire space he just marshalled the middle of it

...then even more odd was walker literally parked himself right next to dawson.....like only a couple of yards inbetween them....., touching distance, ....so walker actually looked like a Centre back but a bit awkwardly more on the right side

....i was expecting the entire right right of our team, the opposition's left side, to be exposed.....as it would normally be for most teams that shift across too much and keep very tight across the back line ........

nope.... Lennon drops into Right back..... ?

thats where my memory fails me...i dont know who played in from of lennon when that happened but on more than one occasion i saw 5 people in the back line .....the reason i noticed that was i was watching chiriches' every move....when he chased bony to the half way line i was like "****ing great he's left dawson exposed again...oh wait hang on...walker is right there? maybe to be the pace cover for those long balls ? wait why is lennon at right back?"

odd

i dont know if that was done on purpose? or if it was an accident?

It was wierd, but whenever the tried to really pressure us and chiriches did his whole routing of sticking to hsi man like flies on ****.....dawson shifted across to the open space...BUT NOT COMPLETELY?? it was as though instead of occupying the entire space he just marshalled the middle of it

...then even more odd was walker literally parked himself right next to dawson.....like only a couple of yards inbetween them....., touching distance, ....so walker actually looked like a Centre back but a bit awkwardly more on the right side

....i was expecting the entire right right of our team, the opposition's left side, to be exposed.....as it would normally be for most teams that shift across too much and keep very tight across the back line ........

nope.... Lennon drops into Right back..... ?

thats where my memory fails me...i dont know who played in from of lennon when that happened but on more than one occasion i saw 5 people in the back line .....the reason i noticed that was i was watching chiriches' every move....when he chased bony to the half way line i was like "****ing great he's left dawson exposed again...oh wait hang on...walker is right there? maybe to be the pace cover for those long balls ? wait why is lennon at right back?"

odd

i dont know if that was done on purpose? or if it was an accident?

I saw this too on a couple of occasions and when Chiriches would pressure Bony, Rose would be almost level with him and quickly able to cover any ball through in between them (that was, I think, partly the reason why people claimed Vlad was getting beat time and time by that pass - Rose didn't provide much cover). Dawson would then advance a bit and Walker getting really close to him, with Lennon being at pretty much the same level with our LB and ready to cover for Kyle. I think it was a brilliant approach and certainly had to be planned by TS.

Agreed, Dawson was much better today, great pass to set up our second, really commanding captain-like attitude and showed good communication with Chiriches/Walker.

Vlad was superb, really came out fired up and ready to silence the critics. After another week's rest and added time to work with TS and Rose on some of the issues, he brought his game face on. Determination, class, confidence at a high..was nice to see all of that back!

Exciting times!

Very good, brave, tough and with a real touch of class.

Agree that both him and Dawson were good today. Think helped a bit by better workrate from the players further up the pitch and a more tightly packed midfield.

City will be a test at a completely different level though.

On one occasion early on he really dived in and sold himself with a weak challenge... the guy turned him and they were right into our broken defensive line. But other than that I was pleased with his play.

Dawson also dived in once on Bony and got nowt on the ball, so they both did it once today.

Need to cut out those hero challenges against Emirates Marketing Project

you sir and a STAR

thanks for that...

ahem....so who took demebele's place? chadli?

I believe that was Chadli, yes. That's why we would often see him on the right with Dembele re-entering the center shortly after that. Saw it at least twice and I am convinced it was set up that way. Pretty clever.

I was impressed today, sometimes the British grassroots mentality of "kick it out!!!" thoughts come to me but he is calm and uses the ball very well.

ANyone got a gif of Rose after the Bony challenge??? I shat myself cos I thought Chiri had been murdered! :lol:

Can we at least all agree that he's not slow after the way he kept up with Bony quite comfortably in a footrace?

Can we at least all agree that he's not slow after the way he kept up with Bony quite comfortably in a footrace?

Mr Chiriches is not slow....and has very good potential imo.....

so no need for the romanian contingent to wee on my flowers!

Both Dawson and Chiriches did well. I do think Swansea's slow play helped our defence, more incisive teams will test whether the same problems remain imo.

Exactly, I've no idea what some people watch sometimes, whether a player is quick or slow is not really something that's debateable. You can argue all day whether he's good or not, but to say he's slow is just simply not true. He kept up with bony and routledge, 2 of the quicker players out there today.

Back