• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I do like Benteke he has had a couple of poor years but he still has a decent goal return. However i do not think he will suit our style and not sure he will be happy to play second fiddle to Kane.

I think Benteke has lost his proven status having flopped at pool and palace (both a step up from Villa you could argue)

I do think he could suit us but he is another confidence player who plays in streaks which for me doesn't suit a back up striker

Any signing now has to be someone who can push the first 11 and potentially upgrade on what we have .... we have enough bit part players already

Any CF we sign will know that they'r second choice behind Kane. That will really limit our options

Benteke is not the same player before his knee injury and hasee not shown anything to suggest he will become the player he could have been.

He won two vital free kicks. One that led to the 3rd goal. And another which ate up the last minute or so. Also I noticed how Kane G'd him up as he was going off, reckon this helped and showed good commaraderie.

Hope it gives him some confidence and maybe Poch can start with 2 up front for Milwall and give him and Kane a go together.

He won two vital free kicks. One that led to the 3rd goal. And another which ate up the last minute or so. Also I noticed how Kane G'd him up as he was going off, reckon this helped and showed good commaraderie.

Hope it gives him some confidence and maybe Poch can start with 2 up front for Milwall and give him and Kane a go together.

Millwall in the quarter-final is not a game for experimenting in. They are on a crazily long unbeaten streak and have beaten multiple Prem sides already - they will be dangerous, menacing opponents, especially with a place at Wembley at stake.

I hope we put the full first team out, claim a professional win and move on. Let's leave building Janssen's confidence back up to a more suitable fixture.

Millwall in the quarter-final is not a game for experimenting in. They are on a crazily long unbeaten streak and have beaten multiple Prem sides already - they will be dangerous, menacing opponents, especially with a place at Wembley at stake.

I hope we put the full first team out, claim a professional win and move on. Let's leave building Janssen's confidence back up to a more suitable fixture.

To be honest I had no idea they were on a rich run of form.

Well if we are 2-0 up at half time then bring him on for Kane.

To be honest I had no idea they were on a rich run of form.

Well if we are 2-0 up at half time then bring him on for Kane.

I think 17 games unbeaten or something like that. They have an excellent chance of causing an upset if we let our guard down.

I agree with the second bit - *if* we're well in front, then Janssen on for Kane wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

their a very different side away from him though

All their results against top sides have been at home

Did what was needed today, get in there, be a pest, win free kicks, occupy the defenders.

Yep, glad to see him get a few mins, worked well, did some good things. Nice to see Kane encouraging him as well. Time to put the "he's on his way out" rumours to bed. :)

Dont see why we cant treat it like another league match and play the same team again. No midweek match. Why change a winning team?

Dont see why we cant treat it like another league match and play the same team again. No midweek match. Why change a winning team?

I completely agree. Fatigue should not be a factor here given the amount of time between games. I would only change the team if one of the players has a bit of a niggle that needs some rest. But we should be taking this game seriously as it is realistically the only trophy that we could win this season.

Yes but in their division of course

We shouldnt take them lightly but we should also understand the level their at

What, League One? That's a step up from League Two - Wycombe came from the latter, and *almost* ended our cup run.

I get your point - Millwall are, for all their merits, a League One side and should be treated with only then necessary amount of caution. But there's no reason not to treat them like a Prem side, put the full first team out and not give them any time or space (like we did against Fulham) - we are deep in the cup, we have no other cup competitions of note to compete in and we'll have both a full week to prepare before the game and a full week after to recover.

He did alright for the few minutes he was on, maybe we've found his gig, a sort of "nightacochman" role, thing is 17m is a bit pricey for that. And officially, its yet another game he didnt score in open play.

He did alright for the few minutes he was on, maybe we've found his gig, a sort of "nightacochman" role, thing is 17m is a bit pricey for that. And officially, its yet another game he didnt score in open play.

Janssen has been stuck, needs game time to adapt, yet not quite deserving of game time.

If he can fill a role for 15-20 minutes a game, he'll get play time and hopefully the rest will come.

Thing that people need to accept is Janssen is part of how you run a club, we bought a player, he may or may not work out, that has been calculated in the financials, it's really up to Poch to see if he has enough potential to keep for another season or sell on. No need to spacegoat the player.

Back